First Commonwealth Bank Teller Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

2.4
First Commonwealth Bank CEO T. Michael Price
T. Michael Price
  1. "Teller Service Representatives"

Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

Extensive benefits-$30 mo for full employee medical (Spouse or family over $300 additional), 3% 401K match. Many locations- Referral bonus if goal is met.

Cons

Many locations very short staffed-I am an over 20 year employee who has so much non-teller work on my plate I can't stay on top of my game regarding products/services. Many great employees, and as many not-great. If you dont like SALES, dont apply! Your happiness will depend on the office you are placed. Highest raise humanly possible is 3% -(request a decent starting pay)

Advice to Management

Please let eveyone focus on their jobs and ease up on the "high-5" type emails. Allow cross over of regions for staff support-you would save so much time and cost. Live your code of ethics and the list won't be necessary. Honesty, Fairness, Professionalism??? --way too elementary. Remember, ACTIONS speak louder than words.

First Commonwealth Bank2009-11-14
  2. "West End: Best End or Worse End: Cursed End?"

Former Employee - Seasonal Teller in Indiana, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank part-time

Pros

The highlight of working for FCB at in market WIN were some of my coworkers, who worked well under pressure, had good senses of humor, and were very helpful when I needed their assistance.

Cons

One of the downsides of working for FCB in market WIN was interacting with some of my coworkers, who did not make it a habit to follow company protocol, were often rude and dismissive (even though they were often in the wrong), and were somewhat lax in their responsibilities. There's a huge push for making sales although FCB is a rather small bank in comparison to the big four. It puts undue stress on the full time...

Advice to Management

The West End Branch processes several hundred transactions in a day when it gets busy, which is often. Yet, the computers and firmware are sluggish, the printer often backs up, and various other technical issues are too common. I know branches which make more sales get more attention, but for a drive up, the lack of it is absolutely ridiculous.

First Commonwealth Bank2018-02-16
  3. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller Services Representative II in Elizabeth, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank for more than 8 years

Pros

Coworkers were nice to work with. Nice environment. Close to home. Nice hours to work.

Cons

Pay was too low. Management difficult to deal with. No security in bank setting.

Advice to Management

Get better security if you care about your employees.

First Commonwealth Bank2016-06-19

"BIG BAD CHANGES AHEAD"

Current Employee - Teller in Johnstown, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are none other than most of the tellers are make the job somewhat bearable.

Cons

Unrealistic teller goals, must telemarket, low pay, low raises, FULL-TIME is now 30 hours a week (Most full-time employees, other than management, will lose a total of one week's pay per month), fired long term dedicated employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your tellers as if they matter,because THEY DO. Pay your tellers a living wage and they might want to go the extra mile to get those extra accounts. The clients are turned off by the constant harassment of opening new accounts, they already have accounts! Give potential clients a reason to open accounts! Please come work the teller line on a Friday and learn what really happens!

First Commonwealth Bank2016-02-09
    • "Low pay"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank

Pros

Easy work and they pay for training.

Cons

The customers can be rude. Tellers are not paid a living wage.

First Commonwealth Bank2015-05-07
    • "Very Clicky"

Former Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Banker's hours. Most employees are nice and helpful.

Cons

Hard to advance unless you know someone.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent! And care a little more.

First Commonwealth Bank2014-04-13