First Commonwealth Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

First Commonwealth Financial CEO T. Michael Price
T. Michael Price
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

First Commonwealth truly cares about the well-being of its employees. I’ve never worked in such a positive work environment and they really focus on your career growth.

Cons

There’s nothing major I don’t like

2. "Good Working Environment"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial part-time

Pros

Flexible with schedules Good benefits Inviting working environment

Cons

Inadequate sales training More focused on sales than customer service

Advice to Management

Provide better sales to training to employees, or lighten demands on sales goals.

3. "Changes may be coming"

Former Employee - Lending in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Financial full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

There is a rumor making the rounds that FCF is planning to remove their HR Management team and outsource their HR function to a third party provider. I can't find any verifiable evidence that this will occur but if true would be a tremendous improvement.

Cons

None if this were to occur

Advice to Management

Seriously consider outsourcing your HR Dept. They are the main reason for your lackluster financial performance.

4. "Bank in the midst of a turnaround strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Benefits are reasonable. 401K plan has a match up to 6% and a Roth option. The amount of paid time off given is good. Since First Commonwealth is a relatively smaller bank it is easier to get access to senior management. The company encourages mentorship and many senior employees are happy to do so.

Cons

Compensation is on the low end compared to other banks in the area. The company has underperformed its peers in the industry for some time, and senior management is getting desperate to turn things around. Our branch banking staff in particular are bearing the brunt of the turnaround/restructuring, with all non-management employees seeing hours cut back and total staffing being cut 30%- but the sales goals are still as...

Advice to Management

Listen to your rank and file employees. They are the ones who deal with customers every day and see how decisions made at the executive or board level, really impact our customers and staff.

5. "First Commonwealth Bank"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, PA

I worked at First Commonwealth Financial full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The people are one of the best reasons for working at First Commonwealth. Everyone seemed to be enthusiastic about their jobs and they were always willing to answer questions or lend a hand.

Cons

The down side of working for First Commonwealth is the unbalanced family life and work life.

6. "Financial solutions specialist"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial

Pros

It was once a fabulous place to grow, Now we are unsure.

Cons

Unless your in management there is no 40 hr work week, Thirty five or less is full time now, who knows what 2017 will bring, Our leaders are not forthcoming in all aspects of the future. They say leave if you are not happy here. Sad😓

Advice to Management

Remember our motto Core Values .

"A sinking ship"

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great community bank that cares about its customers. Doesn't treat them like a number. Hours of operation are nice. Not much else nice to be said unfortunately.

Cons

Where do I begin. They're cutting hours for full timers to at least 30 hours. Part timers are being cut to 20 hours. Benefits are ok but it's a high deductible plan. You can get an HSA but the company doesn't contribute to it. Incentive is paid quarterly and is okay. Base pay is okay as well. But definite room for improvement. Corporate politics and popularity play a big part in this company if you wanna go anywhere....

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. It's about quality not quantity. Time to reevaluate your pay structure, among other things.

8. "Senior Business Integration Mgr"

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial

Pros

Senior management encouraging individuals to take risks, and take initiative. If you prove yourself as competent, can work independently to certain extent.

Cons

Standard bureaucracy for bank. Old school culture is changing - senior management definitely taking steps to change to a more progressive culture.

Advice to Management

Need a better incentive plan. The standard 2-3% salary increase is insufficient for your top performers

"Don't take job in mortgage dept (wexford)"

Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at First Commonwealth Financial

Pros

Bank holidays, 3 weeks time off

Cons

Low pay. Operations is a joke. The will be closing with the next year for sure due to their process and the workers lack of motivation

10. "Computer Operator"

I worked at First Commonwealth Financial full-time

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door in IT.

Cons

You must take the initiative to learn more i order to move up in IT. They only want you to follow predefined procedures which offer very little clues to what tasks you are accomplishing.

Advice to Management

Educate your employees about the tasks they do each day and how it helps the bank. Less reliance on instruction sheets and more challenging tasks would inspire the employees and improve morale.

Found 25 reviews