First Community Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

First Community Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.3
First Community Federal Credit Union President & CEO Cheryl A. DeBoer  (no image)
Cheryl A. DeBoer
0 Rating
  1. "I was an intern."

Former Intern - Open in Mangilao, GU

I worked at First Community Federal Credit Union for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good employees, and great supervisor.

Cons

people came really late and some employees were lazy.

First Community Federal Credit Union2017-11-29
  2. "They should really advertise sales positions"

Former Employee - Teller in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at First Community Federal Credit Union part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive, higher than most other credit unions. Most other financial institutions will hire you with experience. When working in other branches, especially near the home branch, my experience was better. The company is growing due to their aggressive sales drive.

Cons

In training they will tell you they want you to sell, but it's a minor part of the job. In reality, they send several sales update emails a day. They love you when you are selling a lot, but if things get slow (even across the board), it is definitely your fault. It was rather clear how superficial everyone was, and they feigned happiness for fear of losing their jobs.

First Community Federal Credit Union2014-05-15
  3. "Credit unions appear to care more about the customer. They really just want your $ at any cost!"

Former Employee - Front Line Teller in Mattawan, MI

I worked at First Community Federal Credit Union part-time for less than a year

Pros

Customers are very friendly, and manager at that time was nice.

Cons

They really make employees push loans and credit cards. Even when it is apparent that these products could be detrimental to the customer.

First Community Federal Credit Union2013-08-22
  4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Teller in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at First Community Federal Credit Union part-time for less than a year

Pros

Incentives for sales, even for tellers. Great promotional structure within the company. Many opportunities within the company, even not having worked for them very long. PT Teller's can go to school -- flexible scheduling with classes

Cons

For those with college degree's, starting out as a PT Teller can be hard. Hours can sometimes be weird, and for those looking for a consistent schedule, it changes every two weeks.

First Community Federal Credit Union2013-05-16
  5. "A backwards company"

Current Employee - Corporate in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at First Community Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is not a high-pressure workplace. If you like to kind of cruise by, this is the place for you.

Cons

This is a very backwards company ran by incompetent people. I have never received so many "correction" emails in my entire career; it's embarrassing and discrediting. Management is unprofessional and out of touch with reality. Obnoxious, fake personality types do well here. The people are overall very annoying and trying way too hard to get ahead through politics rather than good work.

First Community Federal Credit Union2013-03-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews