- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Hawaii
- - Hawaiian Islands Area
- - Honolulu, HI
- - Mililani, HI
- - Aiea, HI
- - Kaneohe, HI
- - Hickam AFB, HI
- - Kailua, HI
- - Waipahu, HI
- - Haleiwa, HI
- - North Carolina
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Mission Viejo, CA
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- Guam - All Cities
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Dublin
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- - Dublin, Dublin
Found 190 of over 201 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Pay is low and it takes a while to step up in the company." (in 28 reviews)
- "Poor Management" (in 9 reviews)
- "At times it seems that it is better to leave and come back to bargain for a better salary." (in 5 reviews)
- "You MUST sell sell sell if not your managers don't like you as much as the others." (in 4 reviews)
- "Incompetent and inefficient employees of all levels (you can't rely upon your superiors to provide proper and consistent training)" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of First Hawaiian Bank and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - InternRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great mentorship and collaborative teams, helpful in starting out basic financial skills and working in different departments
Limited to commercial banking, limited in the financial space of other divisions due to location and time difference.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 9, 2022 - Teller in Honolulu, HIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people at FHB are great! Very family-like, relaxed, and comforting. Also, great atmosphere to learn and just network. It's also not a bank where sales is forced. There is a great opportunity for the right people in this company. Loads of workers have years in the company. I mean anywhere from 30-60 years with the company! That's how you know its a good company. On the other hand, it also means that promotion or upper management employment opportunity is high. Most FHB employees are looking to retire or has retired recently.
Pay is definitely way below in comparison to other banks. Several thousands in comparison to major national banks. Few thousands in comparison to its main competitors in Hawaii. In addition, system wasn't updated in a timely manner for the past few decades... So there is some uneasiness in the transition that the bank is going through right now. Not a deal breaker because all banks have technical frustration when updating systems. Hopefully this too shall pass for FHB.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 31, 2022 - ACH Specialist in Honolulu, HIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to work, employees are very friendly lots of ways to move up the company.
Starting pay is low, need to work long to move up, positions are filled fast to seniority.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 29, 2022 - Personal Banker in Honolulu, HIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
One of the best places to work in Hawaii. Great work culture and values.
If you want to grow in the company, you must make it known.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 19, 2022 - Bank Teller in Honolulu, HIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
awesome co workers make work fun
bad management always lazy passing down work
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 6, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Competent managers, coworkers are nice to work with
none at the moment for me
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 2, 2022 - AuditorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Friendly working environment with a good mixture of workers
Team can be small at times and understaffed
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 27, 2022 - Analyst in Honolulu, HIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working at the bank is very stable & flexible
Horrible place for career advancement. Connection to higher up is the only way to go up.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 25, 2022 - Data ScientistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fantastic Company who treats it's employees like Family.
Normal cons of working for a large company, the ship changes direction slowly.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 26, 2022 - Analyst in Honolulu, HIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Healthcare, dental, and 401k benefits are good
Overworked, way below national average pay.
First Hawaiian Bank Reviews FAQs
First Hawaiian Bank has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 201 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at First Hawaiian Bank to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
60% of First Hawaiian Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated First Hawaiian Bank 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.