First Internet Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

First Internet Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2019

Found 37 reviews

4.7
First Internet Bank CEO David B. Becker (no image)
David B. Becker
  1. "Great Culture, Rapidly Growing Company"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time

Pros

- Transparent, accessible leadership who are willing to listen to all employees - Fantastic culture, especially for the financial industry - Rapid, visible growth - Free snacks and drinks for employees - Meaningful work that is visible to executives - Great office location in the heart of Fishers - Company fosters and encourages an entrepreneurial mindset

Cons

- Work priorities constantly change due to the rapid company growth (could also be viewed as a positive) - Limited job openings due to the size of the company - Only two office locations (Tempe AZ & Fishers IN) as opposed to bigger banks with opportunities all over the country

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, but make sure the company keeps the great culture as the bank expands and grows.

First Internet Bank2017-12-22
  2. "This is a great company!"

Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment at First Internet Bank is like no where I have ever worked. It is very relaxed, but professional. Everyone is genuinely happy to be at work! The management team is very accessible. They encourage and listen to all employees. This is a company that prides itself on its employees and the achievements of all. The company offers many perks to the employees and is always looking for ways to... enhance the lives of its employees.

Cons

It is still work, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity- keep up the good work!

First Internet Bank2017-10-26
  3. "First Internet Bank"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here, fresh and unexpected is the norm. First Internet Bank is extremely progressive, thinking outside of the box. They allow their employees to be themselves without traditional banking constraints. They truly value their employees ideas and when possible act upon them. The bank is experiencing tremendous growth, adding new positions often. Upper management is accessible and communicate the bank's activity well.... The environment is welcoming and comfortable.

Cons

This tremendous growth necessitates expanding current systems as well as employing new ones. These new and improved systems come with learning challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

First Internet Bank2017-10-24
  4. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been in banking for nearly 30 years and of all the different financial institutions I've work at; First Internet has created the best workplace culture I've experienced with everything from a casual dress code, free snacks and refreshments, to fun activities that build teamwork. The IT team is the most responsive of all the IT departments I've worked with, and managers and HR follow up with employees to make... sure they have the tools they need to succeed. First IB has a successful entrepreneurial CEO who has assembled a competent senior management team that continually fosters an innovative and positive work environment. The fast growth of this bank also creates opportunities for personal and professional development.

Cons

I've not yet experienced any noteworthy cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

First Internet Bank2017-10-24
  5. "Consumer Loan Underwriter"

Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very progressive place to work, I have never worked at a place that cares more for their employees, amazing co workers, no micromanaging, work hard but also allowed to have fun, allowed to express ideas, casual work attire.

Cons

I honestly have no cons

6. "Love it here!"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an amazing place to work. They are devoted to giving you the tools you need to succeed. Company-wide events are planned that promote team spirit and a very positive environment. Hard work is rewarded and appreciated yet they still manage to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

First Internet Bank2017-10-23
  7. "Supportive management, helpful HR, family-vibes in team environments"

Current Employee - Retail Banking in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

First IB has given me a secondary family in the form of my team, who constantly show support, answer questions with a sense of urgency and a manager who has worked with me constantly to accommodate my personal life and unexpected incidents that have popped up since my employment began. I felt immediately welcomed with open arms and that feeling has endured. I enjoy that this company constantly shows interest in your... opinion and experiences to ensure your satisfaction as an employee. The extras are great, too. Constant giveaways for prizes, concert tickets, event tickets, sporting events and company held events to keep work environment more interesting. The free snacks and drinks provided, including after hours beer and wine is unusual but shows that the company really wants its employees to feel like they are important to the organization as a whole.

Cons

In my department there are no downsides. My team is great, my manager is great and my salary is more than competitive in the industry as a whole for my role.

First Internet Bank2017-10-23
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been with First Internet Bank for almost two months but hands down the best job I have had yet! I am coming to the financial world from the restaurant industry and the transition couldn't have been smoother. The training they have in place is not only designed to set you up for success but also designed to help the beginner, the average, and the advanced team members!

Cons

First Internet Bank literally has everything you can ask for but a daycare center:)

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time

Pros

There is a very positive culture that has a small vibe still for a bank that operates in all 50 states.

Cons

Middle management seems to change hands very often.

First Internet Bank2017-08-09

"VP"

Current Employee - Vice President in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Everyone is willing to help (and not just because I'm new). I see it with everyone at all levels in all departments. Everyone makes attempts to connect somehow. Pretty cool.

Cons

Haven't seen any real cons to working here yet. Been here about 4 months and everything seems above average re: other places I've worked.

Advice to Management

Don't let the Bank grow too fast or get too big. Too often that happens and the workplace changes for the worse.

First Internet Bank2017-06-26