First Internet Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

First Internet Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2019

4.7
First Internet Bank CEO David B. Becker (no image)
David B. Becker
  1. "Senior Portfolio Manager"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time

Pros

I have worked in the banking industry for over 28 years. I have worked at banks of all sizes. First Internet Bank has been a refreshing and exciting place to work. The bank has hired professional staff who work well together and support each other. Management is willing to listen to its employees and really seems to care about its people. Employees are given the freedom to make decisions and feel like their... input is valued.

Cons

none noted at this time

First Internet Bank2017-06-28
  2. "First Internet Bank "Walks the Walk""

Current Employee - Information Technology in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

First Internet Bank (FIB) not only talks the talk, but walks the walk unlike other companies I have worked for in the past. FIB is a very transparent company that has a great business model and corporate culture. Employees are treated like valuable assets. Great perks that come along with working at FIB, are: -Very well stocked in-house fitness center -Refreshment center complete with athletic drinks,... pop, fresh fruit, snacks and more - Regular concert and event ticket giveaways - Multiple Kureig stations on each floor stocked with coffee, tea, & hot chocolate - Monthly "Lunch-n-Learn" meetings to learn about internal & relevant topics - Opportunities for community and neighborhood outreach First Internet Bank is also growing very fast with opportunities to grow and in multiple areas. I feel fortunate to work at FIB.

Cons

No cons to this point!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

First Internet Bank2017-04-04

"Excellent Environment!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful, and work together well. The company provides little perks that make a big difference; such as a soda machine, fresh fruit and granola bars for the staff, and employee events/friendly competition. Work attire is casual, which lends to a relaxed yet productive environment.

Cons

I honestly have none to list.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your employees. The little things all add up and make a big difference!

First Internet Bank2017-03-23
  4. "I couldn't be happier to work here!"

Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, family oriented, fast paced, opportunity, community events.

Cons

Average insurance, high deductibles.

First Internet Bank2017-03-24

"Simply the best"

Current Employee - Director of Secondary Marketing in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

First Internet Bank provides the best environment between work life and home life. The company encourages employees to take time to be with their family and has company events that are family oriented. First Internet Bank is also a very giving and caring company. First Internet Bank does a lot to give back to the community by allowing employees to use company time to help out with community projects.

Cons

There really are no cons for working at First Internet Bank. Due to the working conditions our turnover is very little and those that leave the company, by their own choice, usually come back in a very short timeframe.

Advice to Management

The only advice for management is to continue to lead, guide and direct the way that it has always been done. Without the leadership, skills and knowledge of our current management, the company would be a much different place to work work.

First Internet Bank2016-10-25
  6. "Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time

Pros

Where do I begin! We have an amazing fitness room, Keurig stations, patio with a gas grill, basketball goal...and so much more! The open door policy that management has in place makes going to management easy if the need ever arises. I know if my manager is not available I can go to any other manager and they are willing to help. I have worked in banking for 15 + years, but this is the first time with everyone... being under one roof, and it makes it easy to see how all of the departments work together. It really does feel like one big family here.

Cons

There are definitely more Pros to working here than Cons. My work load at times can be a bit overwhelming, but it is a good challenge for me to get it done in a reasonable time. I do not view this as a Con, but others may. I would like to see more opportunities to work remotely. With us being an internet bank, I feel like we could offer more positions the flexibility to work from home.

Advice to Management

Our growth has been amazing so obviously what you are doing is working! Keep up the great work.

First Internet Bank2016-10-26
  7. "Loan Operations Manager"

Loan Operations in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank for less than a year

Pros

A growing bank that offers tremendous opportunity that continues to think outside the box. This company listens to employees while offering a positive, upbeat working environment. I have personally experienced associates and departments working together to provide competitive products and exceptional service quality to clients of First Internet Bank. It is more than awesome to be part of an institution that takes... such pride in it's associates. This bank is putting a solid infrastructure in place to provide the best customer service possible.

Cons

No cons to comment on at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

First Internet Bank2016-10-25
  8. "Life at FIB"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is always available all the way up to the CEO. The customer/ clients are always the top priority for the Bank. The Health insurance is excellent and since my daughter is a type 1 diabetic the cost can be very expensive. Our health insurance for preventive care has free or very minimal cost options. I can not say enough positive remarks about our day to day operations and the pleasant experience I have... coming into work everyday.

Cons

Being a remote Branch we sometimes don't get the same opportunities that our home office. I'm not speaking of promotions, more along the lines of in house gym, corporate outings, cookouts at the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and make sure the Tempe is included.

First Internet Bank2016-10-24
  9. "All Around Great Place to Word"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been employed here less than a year and extremely happy with my overall experience so far. Great culture, friendly work environment, casual dress code, well rounded benefits, and lots of opportunity for growth and advancement.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to look out for the best interest of the employees.

First Internet Bank2016-10-24
  10. "A Different Kind of Bank/Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been in the banking industry for 30+ years; having been employed by large regionals to small community based banks and have never seen an organization quite like this one. It has a unique combination of the utmost level of professionalism, yet in a relaxed, casual atmosphere. No silly rules just because that is the way bankers are "supposed to" interact, make decisions, dress, etc. Truly, a no nonsense team... approach that results in very timely local decision-making that benefits our customers and is fulfilling as an employee.

Cons

Lots of new faces; with the bank's growth, it is sometimes difficult to keep track of who the new players are and their roles. And while it has nothing to do with what goes on inside the workplace, it's a tough place to get to with all of the area road construction; something that will take care of itself in time.

Advice to Management

Continue to be inventive, insightful, and thought provoking, which has what made us different.

Found 37 reviews