First Internet Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

First Internet Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2019

4.7
First Internet Bank CEO David B. Becker (no image)
David B. Becker

"Work/Life Balance + Opportunity"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve been with First IB for a few years now and the people that work here make this place great! Everyone is always cheerful and willing to help out. Small perks like the on-site gym at HQ, free coffee, and the occasional free ticket raffles for pacer games and concerts don’t hurt! I enjoy the fact that we still have a holiday party and other events throughout the year to bring us all together outside of the... office.

Cons

It’s very fast-paced at First IB which I think is great since I enjoy being busy and having something to do at all times, but it may be a turn off for some. Things can also change very quickly, so being adaptable and thinking on your feet is a must; I think that’s what makes it exciting and fresh. Clearer definition of roles and clearer career paths would be nice, but is not a detriment.

Advice to Management

All managers are accessible and treat people like people. Managers are understanding of the fact that we all have lives outside of work and I don’t feel guilty using my PTO time. Management is also very transparent, which I like.

First Internet Bank2016-05-13

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management team at First Internet Bank is outstanding. The work environment and facilities are outstanding. The opportunities for advancement and professional development have been better than I have seen at any other company I worked for. Compensation and benefits are also very outstanding. First Internet Bank is also very active in the local community.

Cons

I can think of very few (if any) "cons" to working at First Internet Bank. Being a smaller company there hasn't been as much name recognition as I have experienced when working for larger companies, but for me that is a welcome change.

Advice to Management

Management has been outstanding since I have been with First Internet Bank. My best advice is to keep up the good work.

First Internet Bank2016-05-04
  3. "Fledgling Company"

I worked at First Internet Bank

Pros

Great people who are willing to help

Cons

Unorganized; Too young to have any real culture

First Internet Bank2015-11-23

"Operations Specialist"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

none, if you call being able to wear jeans as a benefit for a professional office.

Cons

Do not apply for a job in this department of the bank. They pour more work on you then you can handle. If you don't catch on quickly they will terminate your position fast without letting you there was a problem. Your pay does not match the amount of work you do.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be patient with employees, and stop talking down to employees.

First Internet Bank2015-08-20

First Internet Bank Response

October 7, 2015Human Resources Representative

Your comments have been reviewed by the Human Resources department. While we have received honors for being a Top Workplace in Indianapolis and a Best Bank to Work For across the country, based primarily on employee satisfaction surveys, we recognize that not everyone may find our fast-paced, innovative culture appealing. It is important that our employees participate in topic discussions and employee surveys regarding work/life balance and compensation so that we may continue to inspire our employees and help you meet your personal goals for career growth. We encourage current and former employees to express concerns directly with a supervisor or HR so we can clarify your statements and follow-up with a personalized approach, but we understand that it may be more comfortable to express your views anonymously. All input – positive or negative – helps us in our effort to be an employer of choice for top performers, and we thank you for your feedback.

"Great company and great people. Good work-life balance."

Current Employee - Collateral Underwriter in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer focused, customer experience driven and good supervisors. Management has an open door policy.

Cons

No major cons but would like more of an opportunity to grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep innovating.

First Internet Bank2014-07-12

"Unethical"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

If someone is hired into your department, you training them, get ready to be fired, especially in the marketing area.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. The pathetic HSA amount contributed by the bank and the high deductible has anyone with even a little bit of maintenance medical needs in debt, eating savings, or broke. Only the fit and healthy need apply here. The premiums on the HDP are not competitive. I know employers or equal size with non-HD plans covering more, and sharing more premiums with employees. The 401K stinks. The fees are... high and selection of investments are bad.

First Internet Bank2014-05-25

First Internet Bank Response

June 3, 2014Human Resources Representative

We value our employees’ input. Your comments have been reviewed by the Human Resources department. Although we encourage employees to speak directly with their supervisors or Human Resources so we can address specific concerns, we understand that anonymous outlets may be more appealing as a forum for expressing opinions. We strive to offer a compensation and benefits package that is competitive with other employers, promotes wellness and professional growth, and supports balance between personal and professional lives. In the past year, First Internet Bank has been recognized as a Best Bank to Work For (American Banker) and as a Top Workplace (Indianapolis Star). Both awards were based on employee surveys that took into consideration benefits and pay, the comfort and safety of the work environment, training, and opportunities for professional growth. We evaluate the feedback we received through those surveys as well as comments we receive from individual employees like you. Your input helps us improve, and we thank you for your feedback. Again, we invite you to discuss your concerns further with Human Resources or your direct supervisor so we can more personally speak to your specific situation.

"Great employer"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Fishers, IN

I worked at First Internet Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company with good people. Good Training program. They care very much about customer service and how they treat the customer

Cons

Pay is a little low but I guess that is typical of all banking these days. Can't really think of anything else negative at all. Good place to work

First Internet Bank2013-10-24