First Security Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love it"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think I'm paid pretty well for a teller. I enjoy the customers, management, and my co-workers. I've been working here for 3 years.

Cons

There aren't many cons. It may be hard to move up in certain positions because they usually have a good idea of who they want in certain positions.

Advice to Management

Na

2. "Teller"

I worked at First Security Bank full-time

Pros

Co-workers were great. It is overall a great company.

Cons

Pay is no t comparable to other companies, a serious lack of communication between management and employees. Promotions are not based on skill and experience but rather on who you know and if you are managements favorite or not.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees, give employees a chance to advance based on their ability to do a job not your personal feelings about them.

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE

I worked at First Security Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees, flexible schedule, good pay for first-hiring

Cons

Hard to gain promotions/work way up in the system, terrible upper-management who only strive for profits and do not even acknowledge lower/entry level employees

Advice to Management

Treat ALL of your employees with respect and encourage, don't dismiss and ignore human relationships.

4. "Bank Teller"

Pros

They do give Christmas bonuses

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Change the annual review system

5. "CSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank full-time

Pros

Many coworkers are great. Certain locations are relaxing to work at others not to much!

Cons

The best people always leave this company, usually to another bank. Authority feels no compassion over employees. Willing to listen but rarely any action is taken to better bad situations. Management is never placed on probation for any wrong doing. Nor do they get written up for things another employee would. Some managers are cold hearted & pretend to like you & all they do is complain when you do all you can to satisfy them & everyone around you. It is emotionally, mentally, & physically overwhelming & stressful enough to feel like your life is being sucked out of you.

Advice to Management

Respect others, listen to constructive criticism, be willing to listen to employee opinions, be willing not to be possessive & controlling. Be open minded! Learn to UNDERSTAND humans. Stop being fake it is human nature to notice this.

6. "Changes to come."

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager
    Current Employee - Banking Center Manager

I have been working at First Security Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can have an impact on the whole company at any level. Lots of growth and employment opportunities coming to this company.

Cons

Not many incentives besides a pat on the back. Being a relentless, optimistic self-starter is key for happiness (that is difficult at times). Lower than average pay. Be prepared to job share.

Advice to Management

Delegate job duties to staff appropriately, allow for them to focus on primary job function rather than be consumed by secondary and even tertiary obstacles. Have set goals and reward the accomplishment of objectives.

7. "OK for a bank"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Judsonia, AR
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Judsonia, AR

I worked at First Security Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment. Decent benefits. Most of the people are nice and the bank is growing so there could be opportunity for anyone working in the core banking function versus support your staff.

Cons

The bank is all about secrets. Managers don't share anything that's upcoming until they are forced to. This'd is especially a problem for those that support staff and/or customers. It is not particularly woman friendly. There is definitely a glass ceiling. Many people have been there for years and years and haven't made it to 40k yet and they are part of "management". There is not any training outside of what is required by the banking regulators. Investing in employees is not anything they view as important.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be much more transparent to the employees. It's frustrating to have to answer questions about something that was released to employees and customers at the same time without any preparation.

"Understaffed"

I worked at First Security Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local. small-town feel, in a full service state-wide bank. Security.

Cons

While the teller lines are almost always dead and were fully-staffed, our department had RECORD sales, and was SEVERELY understaffed. People were fired and people would quit and they'd NEVER replace them. We worked our butts off and made TONS of money for them but they kept telling us more staff was not in the budget. I suspect someone got big bonuses for keeping over head costs down. Eventually, the load and stress got to be too much and I had to leave before my health suffered. Several employees WERE on meds for stress-related issues. VERY SAD! It was a VERY good job, but I knew they could afford more staff, and management just didn't want to hire them.

Advice to Management

Please stop working your employees to health-deteriorating levels and HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Keep departments adequately staffed.

9. "Mediocre company, could be better"

Current Employee - Teller in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Teller in Conway, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company focuses on teamwork. Management is visual and available. Located in a great area of the state to attract top talent. Great working environment.

Cons

Needs more diversity. As an African-American female, it was clear that my opportunities to grow within this company were slim to none, even though I graduated with a business degree while employed there. Trying to learn about positions in the company was a bit secretive. There was not enough transparency.

Advice to Management

If they do not foster the talent from within, they will continue to loose superstar employees or a chance to mold employees into superstars for their company. Reviews should include employment plans that focus on employee growth.

10. "Just a J-O-B"

Current Employee - Banking in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Banking in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) You can work here a long time with below average performance
    2) The family that owns the bank are generally nice people
    3) Many locations within the state for transfer

Cons

1) Bank has grown past the competencies of upper management
    2) Effeciency staffing ALL THE TIME and ownership is proud of it. When co-workers are absent, it's your problem, not theirs.
    3) There is no career plan. Promotions are generally age/tenure based rather than merit.