First Team Real Estate Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cameron Merage

1. "Business Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Chino Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Chino Hills, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great support system. Sky is the limit when it comes to income potential.

Cons

100% commission only. Have at least 6 months of income save up to carry you while you are building your pipeline.

Advice to Management

More agent support.

"Easy Position"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours, Relaxed Environment, Easy Parking, 27in iMac, Overtime Opportunities, Paid Time Off, 401k

Cons

Bad communication within the department, weak upper management, inconsistent, unorganized, little creative freedom, hard work goes unnoticed, health coverage could be better, no teamwork

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from employees. Be more stern. Stop letting employees get away with bad work ethic. Give direction where needed. Stop hiring consultants and hire more management. Give yearly reviews on time. Properly train employees to do their job correctly.

3. "Good Training and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is good and company culture is great,.

Cons

Marketing material offered through FirstTeam is really expensive, I bought stakes for my open house sings on Amazon for less than a dollar each while they were almost five dollars each through FirstTeam. If you are a new agent be prepared to not get a check for about six months and you should expect to spend a few thousand before you get to that point.

5. "I could stay here a while longer :)"

Current Employee - Staff
    Current Employee - Staff

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time

Pros

Branch to branch things are different. My branch is really great. The people that have negative feedback in our office generally aren't using all the resources available to assist in their challenges. Our coaching team is top notch, the employees are positive and very hard working, and we have so much support here it's absurd. I came from a place where I had to train myself to do 'licensed work' through the internet, so this was a HUGE step up. When i'm not getting what I need, I have 5 people I can reach out and express my desire for training/feedback with. Someone is always able to help me within minutes of encountering a challenge. I am provided the resources to find my own answers, and given the authority to assist others on an internal social platform where we can all lift each other up.

Cons

We have been going through A LOT of changes with management and technology. it has caused a lot of confusion and there have been some substantial hiccups along the way. But change and progress don't come without challenge! Communication has not always been the best and takes some greasing, but airing my complaints has never resulted in backlash. My biggest sadness is that I've noticed that when someone separates from the company, often that position is not filled... rather the tasks are divided among other managers until their work suffers from wearing too many hats. At the same time, I cannot speak for how difficult a time they may be having finding adequate replacements.

Advice to Management

It's important to retain and take care of people who are lifting you up from the bottom. Encourage all Managers to have regular meetings and check in with staff, just like they do the Agents. Newsletters quarterly could help us understand in full all the changes we are going through and not just bite sized pieces that can be overlooked. Don't try and wear more hats to avoid hiring help. Help is a good thing, and we must find the resources to allow help to exist!

6. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Single owner of all offices, lots of corporate marketing for brand awareness, regionally based with a global presence

Cons

Broker not always available, inconsistent marketing themes, no leads, not much direction for new realtors

7. "Realtor"

Former Employee - Realtor in Anaheim Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Realtor in Anaheim Hills, CA

I worked at First Team Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training available to someone starting in the business was awesome! This is an environment for learning and mentoring.

Cons

It is difficult to get started in the business.

Advice to Management

No advice they do an awesome job!!!

8. "Decent experience at this company"

Pros

Great, helpful people to work with! I loved my manager. There is always someone to help you or give advice if you need it.

Cons

They charge high fees compared to other brokerages. They are constantly hiring new agents and have a high turnover, which seems to be normal in the real estate industry.

9. "Best Company in Southern California"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First Team agents are the best trained agents in the industry. The company values always puts the customer first.

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Reach out and help agents that are struggling with other companies. Bring the struggling agents to First Team and help them build a better life for themselves and their families.

10. "Great company! I highly recommend"

Current Employee - Realtor in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Orange, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership from owners to managers. Always seeing better ways to serve our clients!

Cons

Not really any cons that I can see..

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

11. "short review"

Former Employee - Part Time
    Former Employee - Part Time

I worked at First Team Real Estate part-time

Pros

this is a very good place

Cons

none cant think of any problems

Advice to Management

none can not think of any