KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

First Tech Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2022

Found 377 of over 395 reviews

3.6
First Tech Federal Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer	 Greg Mitchell
Greg Mitchell

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and First Tech really takes the feedback from employers and works to implement it.(in 44 reviews)
  • "good pay but not enough to cover the stress(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great people and the organization truly cares about its employees.(in 23 reviews)
  • "First Tech is a company with a great culture.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance(in 14 reviews)
Cons
  • "Many people were leaving from my area, and it was a direct relation to the bad management of a few individuals.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Clique upper management.(in 15 reviews)
  • "many of the managers don't think though all aspects of a project, which causes problems.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Management provides zero support, Sales training is absent, the computer systems are not efficient at all.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Favoritism is big on the IT Department between upper management and employees(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of First Tech Federal Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Aug 10, 2022 - Data Analyst II in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very well management. Good mentor system

Cons

very busy at the month start

2. 5.0

Amazing company!

Jul 27, 2022 - LFA in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my first week of work, I truly felt supported and I was shocked with all of the benefits that First Tech has to offer. Not only is the company amazing, but so are the individual teams. I enjoy being able to see our CEO Greg be involved with everything we do. I feel like my work is noticed and that my efforts are appreciated. I’ve been here for 3 months and I know that I am a valued employee. Truly an experience that I’ve never experience before. There are a ton of professional growth that happens within the company and there are a ton of resources and support.

Cons

Working from home makes it a bit harder to truly make connections with the team but having the option to work from home has been amazing.

Communications Manager

We’re glad to hear that you enjoy First Tech’s benefits and opportunities for professional development, and hope you take advantage of our flexible workplace arrangement by coming into the office 1+ days per week to collaborate in person with your peers. Thank you for your review and please consider sharing First Tech with your network.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work and grow

Jul 21, 2022 - Contact Center
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great company with great exec team. I feel compensation and benefits are competitive, in combination with great culture, makes First Tech a great place to work.

Cons

We have some process and technology improvements that need improving, but all of that is in process. Future looks strong and is exciting to be a part of.

Communications Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re pleased that you’re happy with our benefits, culture, and where we’re going regarding advancements in technology. Please consider sharing First Tech with your network.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible Upper Management

Jul 20, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits. Pay is average.

Cons

Upper (Regional) management lack leadership skills. Branch staff treated horribly. You have several former Bank of America employees trying to incorporate the “big bank” mentality at a credit union.

Communications Manager

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having a negative experience with upper management. We thank you for your candid review and will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work!

Jul 20, 2022 - Relationship Banker
    Business Outlook

Pros

employee focused good work environment

Cons

mid-level leadership has biases long work hours

Communications Manager

Thank you kindly for your review. Regarding opportunities for career advancement, we’re excited to announce that we’ve rolled out First Tech Academy, a resource that helps employees visualize where they want to be in their career and gives them specific tools needed to get there. We wish you the best of luck in your future professional endeavors.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Challenging and fun!

Jul 19, 2022 - Leadership
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always learning. Constantly getting employee feedback.

Cons

Work life balance could be better. Burn out frequently happens

Communications Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and are glad to hear you’re happy with the learning opportunities and employee feedback at First Tech. Please speak with your supervisor or a member of our Human Resources team to identify ways to improve your experience with work-life balance.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible place to work

Jul 13, 2022 - CXC Representative in Rocklin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, employee discounts, 401k, location

Cons

Extreme Favoritisms and lack of professionalism among management.

Communications Manager

Thank you for the review and for your 3+ years of working at First Tech. We’re sorry to hear about your experience with us and wish you all the best on your new endeavors.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Basically whitewash for the uninformed

Jul 12, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good c-suite leadership Honest hard-working directors Overall push for a family atmosphere

Cons

Poor technology executive leadership Micromanaging VPs covering check boxes with poor outcomes Poor pay and compromises And that family atmosphere, imagine sitting next to your crazy aunt that hasn't held a job in 20 years for Thanksgiving dinner giving you advice on your career. And, Thanksgiving dinner lasts 2 years.

Communications Manager

We appreciate your review. Input from our current and former employees is always of value to us, and your comments will be discussed with the appropriate teams. Best of luck on your new journey.

9. 3.0

It's ok

Jul 3, 2022 - Financial Service Representative (FSR) in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for two of the largest banks in the country so FTFCU feels like it has a lot less bureaucracy. You feel like your voice has more of an impact because of the smaller size of the firm. FTFCU as with all credit unions is not for profit which means not all the decisions senior management makes are through that lens. There are essentially no caps on incentives which basically means you can make as much as you want.

Cons

Being a smaller company, the tech is rather lacking and it can be quite frustrating navigating the fragmented suite of apps to get anything done. Vacation and sick time are the same thing and you can only use it if you accrue it. Coming from a large company, this is a bit weird for me. Even though it is not for profit doesn't mean senior management isn't constantly on you about sales. You are expected to offer more and more products to every single member you sit with. Base pay is quite low.

Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Please consider sharing your thoughts with your manager, senior leaders or Human Resources.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good people

Jun 26, 2022 - Contact Center Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training ground 👌 Trainers are good and kind.

Cons

Many emps represent the good Company culture a pair of Manager/Asst Mgr can make your life miserable.

Communications Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with the training at First Tech. Please consider reaching out to a member of the senior leadership team or Human Resources to identify ways to better your experience with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 377 Reviews

First Tech Federal Credit Union Reviews FAQs

First Tech Federal Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 395 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at First Tech Federal Credit Union to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, First Tech Federal Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at First Tech Federal Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

62% of First Tech Federal Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated First Tech Federal Credit Union 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at First Tech Federal Credit Union to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with First Tech Federal Credit Union Job Seekers