KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

First Tech Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews about "first tech"

Updated Nov 8, 2021

Found 21 of over 387 reviews

3.7
First Tech Federal Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer	 Greg Mitchell
Greg Mitchell

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and First Tech really takes the feedback from employers and works to implement it.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Pay is competitive and good(in 26 reviews)
  • "First Tech is a company with a great culture.(in 20 reviews)
  • "good people to work with(in 18 reviews)
  • "Great CEO, non profit.(in 17 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of First Tech Federal Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "first tech"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Awesome!

Jul 8, 2016 - Compliance Officer in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Three weeks in and I am loving it. I have worked for credit unions for 17 years, large and small. FTFCU has a great culture and work life balance. Sure we have our growing pains but all CUS who are progressive have the same pains. You may read other websites blasting the bank mentality of management...not true. First tech culture weeded out the bankers. Politics...of course, politics are in every organization; large and small. Those who complain of change are not suited for business. If you are not willing to change, file for unemployment.

Cons

Growing really fast. Each day brings new projects and system changes. However I will say, management is very understanding of this.

First Tech Federal Credit Union Response

Thank you for taking the time to post this response. We’re certainly growing, and as you mention, change is inevitable. It’s great to hear you are having such a positive experience in your first month here.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Innovative and very smart coworkers

Nov 13, 2015 - Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the First Tech culture and especially working with intelligent and innovative folks. Personal growth and learning curve is steep. Work has less impediments and very supportive executives. Things move fast here with agile methodology. Completed 7 months here and still impressed.

Cons

None none none none none.. so far impressed..

3. 5.0
    Current Intern, more than 5 years

Contact Center Employee

Jun 30, 2016 - Contact Center Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working at First Tech. The CEO and Management team truly values the employees. We are encouraged to share our thoughts and ideas. I have great benefits and peace of mind being an employee of First Tech. Truly blessed!

Cons

I do not have any cons at all. All pros for me! Best place to work. I would highly recommend First Tech.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great culture and great credit Union

Apr 27, 2022 - Senior Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

First Tech does well taking care of it's employees, recognizing your strengths, and helping you succeed in your career.

Cons

There are not any cons that come to mind, and feel that the executive and leadership teams do a good job.

Communications Manager

Thank you for all that you’ve done for our members over the last twenty years! We appreciate you and your review!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

First Tech review

Sep 12, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

First Tech provided a great place to learn and grow. I learned a lot while I was there, and the co-workers made the job enjoyable.

Cons

First Tech was trying to grow too fast, and that kept the pace just too unmanageable. There were also lots of issues with management. Many people were leaving from my area, and it was a direct relation to the bad management of a few individuals. HR said they were aware of the issue, but failed to do anything about it. Very unfortunate.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

It’s great to hear that your time at First Tech helped you learn and grow. We pride ourselves on providing employees new opportunities to grow personally and professionally. With any rapidly growing company, there will be growing pains in space, team size, workloads and management. We’re sorry to hear that you had a difficult time with your team’s upper management. We’re working to amend issues like this from occurring in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review First Tech and share your thoughts with us.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Collections Agent

Nov 15, 2015 - Member Service Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

First Tech has a very friendly work environment and the company strives for success and loves to set goal and goes above and beyond to hit those goals. First tech have very good Health plans and incentives, overall a great place to work.

Cons

First Tech could use better management teams and a better internal advancement.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Oct 30, 2018 - Special Assets Management in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with First Tech for a little under 6 months and I have had a great experience here and I really enjoy my job. We just moved to the new corporate building which is incredible and that adds to how the overall experience has been. I would recommend if you are looking to grow your career as they promote career growth through paid professional development hours and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

No cons I can think of. Make sure to ask questions when you have them, they are really good with answering most questions.

Communications Manager

We’re so happy to hear about your new hire experience! We’re always looking to improve the employee onboarding experience so that new hires feel comfortable with the change of starting a new job. As you mention, we’ve recently moved to a new corporate location in Hillsboro, which has really improved our cross-collaboration across departments. We’re also very proud of our professional development opportunities, including an annual tuition reimbursement for employees to head back to school. Thank you for taking the time to review us!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture - Slow to Move

Jan 28, 2021 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

First Tech has a great culture. As a credit union is does not have the same profit at all costs focus of a bank. It is very focused on delighting its members. Also a strong community focus which includes many volunteer opportunities.

Cons

Changes take much longer than expected due to both the concerns of a financial institution and a limit on resources and staff.

Communications Manager

Thanks for your positive review. We do work hard to foster and cultivate our culture, which is built on the foundation of helping our members reach their dreams. We’ll send your comments along to the appropriate teams, but we’re so glad to hear that you enjoy working at First Tech!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Company to work for

Oct 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

First Tech is a company with a great culture. The majority of leadership is very supportive in career development in encouraging and pushing you to reach your goals. New corporate office in Hillsboro, Oregon is beautiful.

Cons

Always the feel that we are slightly understaffed across multiple support departments. While this makes efficiency numbers look good, it does create stress for staff members.

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for helping our members reach their dreams for over a decade! We’re glad to hear that you love our company culture. We really strive to foster a culture of belonging throughout our organization, where all employees can feel comfortable, open and accepted, no matter their work environment. As you mentioned, we do have a new Hillsboro Corporate office, which is lovely—and the largest cross laminated timber building in the nation! We’re proud of our new home and have already seen the impact of improved cross-functional collaboration with many of our departments now under the same roof. Thank you for your feedback on staffing constraints. We’ll send all of your comments to senior leadership.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

What an Amazing Culture!

Nov 27, 2017 - Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first company I have worked for that truly lives and strives to practice what they preach when it comes to culture. It is a not for profit company who focuses on their members first and employees second. I personally love the flexibility of the work environment and the opportunity to advance internally. I work with smart competent teammates who like to have fun. Benefits are great and First Tech really takes the feedback from employers and works to implement it. I'm excited for the new headquarters in Hillsboro!

Cons

The IT systems and technology (VPN, helpdesk tickets, age of software is old) is not the best. Health insurance is okay, costs are getting pretty high even with employee's paid portion.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We’re so glad to hear that you love our culture as much as we do. We agree that there are improvements we can make with our technology to improve your employee experience, and we’re pleased to let you know that projects are in the works to improve the way you work, including updated company software and intranet systems. Our new Hillsboro campus will have bike storage, in addition to accessible trails where you can get some exercise in during the workday! We’re also piloting a work from home program in several departments. We’ll pass your comments along regarding health insurance to our benefits team in Human Resources.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews