KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

First Tech Federal Credit Union

Is this your company?

First Tech Federal Credit Union

Add a Review

First Tech Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jun 28, 2021

Found 25 of over 354 reviews

3.6
First Tech Federal Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer	 Greg Mitchell
Greg Mitchell
Pros
  • "First Tech cares about their community & employees(in 42 reviews)

• "Strong work/life balance; I rarely worked overtime and when I did it was by choice(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Consistent credit union growth creates challenges(in 25 reviews)

• "technology is behind for a company that has first tech in the name(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of First Tech Federal Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jan 6, 2021 - Financial Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Fantastic partnerships with local community.

Cons

Location was real busy and overtime was generally mandatory to meet needs.

Communications Manager

We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and thanks for helping members during those busy times. We wish you all the best on your new endeavors.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful people both co-workers and customers, great benefits.

Jun 28, 2021 - Bank Teller
      Business Outlook

Pros

Happy workplace Great benefits Great experience earned Opportunities to grow

Cons

Credit union started to seem like it was a bank Pushy on sales/ cold calling

Communications Manager

Thanks for the review. All the best on your new endeavors!

3. 5.0

Perfect Adventure

Aug 26, 2019 - Financial Solutions Representative in Andover, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great co-workers, great company values

Cons

Personally I have NO cons

Communications Manager

We’re so happy to hear about your experience with us! We hope you know that you’re making a difference in the lives of many First Tech members.

4. 4.0

Great place to work!

May 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to work. Great people, great benefits.

Cons

Upper management can be political at times.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We’re happy to see that you enjoy working at First Tech. We’ll pass along your comments to the appropriate groups.

5. 4.0

Benefits Galore

Apr 3, 2019 - Compliance Officer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are nothing but great benefits of working at First Tech. The greatest benefit that come to mind are the people. Have you ever had a co-worker who was just there for the pay check. NOT HERE! Every employee I work with is committed to excellence in their job and for the members. This makes coming to work exciting and encouraging.

Cons

We are growing like crazy; we have to work hard and some aspects of work can get stressful and frustrating. So go take a break in one of our quiet rooms, go for a walk around one of our beautiful locations or work outside in the courtyard.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We’re so glad to hear about your experience with First Tech. As you mention, our people and our hard-working culture are the driving forces that enable us to help our members reach their dreams. We’ll send along your advice to the appropriate teams.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible Management

Apr 15, 2019 - FSR1
      Business Outlook

Pros

First few months were great. Benefits were ok. Deposit Ops/Card Services were my lifesavers when I started.

Cons

Got new management end of 2018, everything started going down the drain. Constantly on my back with everything even when I tried my best and worked the hardest, every day was a drag coming in to work. I don't want to be a part of a team that doesn't support me and helps me grow. Tell someone one thing, they go, twist my words and cause drama between people. I feel like I only had support from 3 people, 2 people went to different positions, the last person had so much pressure, they ended up leaving. Training needs work, I was left in the dust to learn on my own. Company is not member centered anymore, all about sales

9 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Feel valued here

Nov 19, 2018 - Senior Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Only place I have worked in my 15 years where they encourage 16 hours of volunteer work and 16 hours of self development hours. Great tuition reimbursement program. In my group we are encouraged to take at least 1 IT related training a year Executive management is easily accessible and there is a mentor ship program. There is a program called recognize, where employees can recognize other employees for job well done and assign point for each recognition. Those points translate into gift cards. Only place I have worked where the CEO calls you on your birthday.

Cons

Company almost doubled in revenue in the past 2 years and there have been a lot of changes. With every change there is a disruption but thing are stabilizing now.

Communications Manager

Thank you for helping our members reach their dreams for 15+ years! We’re so happy to hear that you feel valued at First Tech. As you mentioned, we have a great benefits program to help our employees live well. Our leadership team is very accessible and open to employees’ ideas and feedback, and we look forward to sharing your thoughts with them. Thanks for the review!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to be!!!

Sep 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, PTO, work Life balance they encourage you to grow your professional life along with your personal, Volunteer time is awesome along with management and a CEO who calls you on your Birthday!

Cons

Cant think of any at this point

Communications Manager

We’re so glad to hear about your positive experience working at First Tech! We agree, our CEO is awesome—he calls every employee on their birthday. We’re also very proud of our benefits suite, including 16 paid hours of community service hours, competitive healthcare, PTO and more. Thank you for taking the time to review us and for helping our members reach their dreams!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Employee Focused

Apr 14, 2018 - Manager in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

FT cares about employees and their satisfaction. Fair salaries and bonus programs. Great benefits including 401k match, insurance and generous employee discounts, career pathing. .

Cons

Meetings and projects can occupy the majority of some days.

Communications Manager

We’re so glad to hear that your experience with First Tech has been such a positive one and that you love the employee benefits and your coworkers. As you mention, meetings and projects can take up quite a bit of time, but they are imperative to getting the job done right! Thank you for helping our members reach their dreams for over 10 years!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Financial Representative

Jan 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, incredible culture and vision, efficient training

Cons

Noncompetitive pay, limited career opportunities depending on location

Communications Manager

Thank you for helping our members reach their dreams! We’re glad to hear that you enjoy our benefits, culture, vision and training . As we continue to grow, there may be opportunities in locations across our footprint. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or human resources to see how we can develop in your current location.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews