First Texas Home Health Reviews

1. "Love This Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sealy, TX

I have been working at First Texas Home Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not a corporate company. Patient care matters. Locally owned and operate. Family first. Administrator, Suzanne, Sealy office is a wonderful, fair, leader.

Cons

I'll update when I have one.

2. "The problem isn't the Indians, It's the Chiefs!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitesboro, TX

I worked at First Texas Home Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I do not want to make this review sound like sour grapes coming from a disgruntled former employee. Im simply trying to briefly describe my own personal experience and honest opinion about First Texas Home Health. At the individual home health office level, there are some very good hard working dedicated employees to work with. Like most companies, they have a few problem employees with poor work ethics but overall everyone is very good. Their office Administrators are solid experienced leaders who are respected by team members. The work environment has a small home town feel. Salaries are fairly competitive and benefits are decent.

Cons

Upper Parent Company management (IMS) has a history of questionable behavior including: 1. Making bad or risky business moves which have negatively impacted the individual home health offices underneath the IMS umbrella. 2. Wasteful spending 3. Knee jerk decisions creating constant employee turnover 4. Company has never diversified into other areas and depends too heavily on medicare income which continues to be cut by the govt. 5. The actual owner of the company is too disconnected from the everyday home health business functions to clearly understand the markets they serve and the daily challenges they face. 6. Company makes care and service claims that are not accurate or legitimate i.e. advertises service areas that are not currently staffed and cannot service effectively. Advertises specialty care programs that are not being done at all

Continue reading

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.