First Transit "lots of overtime" Reviews | Glassdoor

First Transit Employee Reviews about "lots of overtime"

Updated Oct 18, 2019

2.6
First Transit CEO Brad Thomas
Brad Thomas
Pros
  • "Everything is based on Safety of the Passengers and Employee's(in 10 reviews)

• "The benefits are great if you are full time and the pay is competitive for a call center(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very low pay for such a demanding job(in 21 reviews)

• "Long hours not able to have much of a life(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "lots of overtime"

Return to all Reviews

"No supprt when forced to drive"

Former Employee - Bus Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at First Transit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people person job. Lots of overtime, Great trainers and fellow employee drivers.

Cons

Clicks on the race card. If you are African American you get special and easier routes. Example, I was waiting for a route and a girl said I don't know it and the lady smiled and gave her another route when I said the said thing I was forced to do it. No support when Having to work a forced double shift. I told them I have had less then 3 hours of sleep and was forced to drive a route. This happened to me 3 weeks... later and I quite since I didn't want to loose my cdl and risk my life as well as the passengers I would be driving. I have said their are over 155 drivers you can pick to do this and not force me to repeat such an unfair time to not sleep and was just brushed off. the Union didn't help with this and told me I should have just drove.

Advice to Management

Clean out your clicks, if bedbugs are found in the building you should spray. Do not force drivers to drive if they DID NOT SLEEP and thank them for being honest and not have the bozo make routes that does not listen to drivers.

First Transit2019-02-26

"Terrible communication between Management, Reservations, Dispatchers, and Drivers."

Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in Columbus, OH

I worked at First Transit full-time for less than a year

Pros

• Lots of overtime hours available. • The clients for the most part were nice.

Cons

• Poor lack of communication between managers, dispatchers, and drivers. • Management has nasty attitudes. • Huge workload for the low pay. • Mandatory overtime hours(working on your days off especially if your regular schedule is Mon-Fri)

Advice to Management

Communication is key to the success of this company. Treat your drivers with respect.

First Transit2018-10-04

"Just another person"

Current Employee - Transit Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at First Transit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of overtime even if you don't want it. Friendly workers. Health insurance great price but if you add someone it hurts.

Cons

Mandatory split shifts for an entire week even though others below you are not forced to do it. Special treatment from some dispatchers, giving them easier routes, staging (race related). Have to have white shirts tucked in although some senior drivers never do and don't get in trouble for it. Seen a bed bug in the library and a few months back and rooms where never sprayed. Going on 6 months, hours fluctuate,... you basically work go home sleep wake up have 3 hours to do something before having to go back in. NO social life. No family leave of absence (1 year to qualify). If your looking to make money and work all the time this jobs for you.

Advice to Management

Don't force someone to work split shifts for a week when they can't afford to sit and do nothing and wait for another route. Keep rules the same for each employee and fire those who do what I have seen done.

First Transit2017-11-17

"Driver job sucks"

Former Employee - Driver in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at First Transit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well there was lots of overtime, pay is in the middle, offered 401k, offered health vision life insurance.

Cons

Long hours, hours get cut randomly, poor management, expensive health insurance, maultibillion dollar company does not even match your 401k, 401k costs 40$ per year that employer does not even pay for, looses contracts, seniority doesn't mean anything with the union.

Advice to Management

Get new managers, learn to maintain busses in accordance with dot, raise wages, raise 401k benefits, get ew contracts and keep them.

First Transit2017-08-21
  5. "Dispatch/Supervisor"

Current Employee - Dispatcher/Supervisor in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at First Transit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fair pay and benefits. Lots of overtime available, during football season

Cons

There aren't a lot of 1st shift opportunities or rotating shifts available in my position

Advice to Management

Please consider rotating shifts.

First Transit2016-01-28
  6. "First Transit"

I have been working at First Transit

Pros

Lots of overtime hours available

Cons

Insurance for families is very high. Mandated overtime.

Advice to Management

Raise hourly rate to a liveable rate 18 to 20 dollars

First Transit2015-09-13