FirstEnergy Transmission Systems Operator Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Transmission Systems Operator

FirstEnergy Transmission Systems Operator Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2017

5.0
FirstEnergy President and CEO Chuck Jones (no image)
Chuck Jones
  1. "Great Company to grow in"

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good support structure the company really like to promote within the company

Cons

Health care plans could be a bit better other than that I have no complaints.

FirstEnergy2017-10-08
  2. "Excellent work atmosphere"

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Compensation, benefits, people. Freedom to work independently and make your own judgement calls.

Cons

Shift work..not much else bad to say. As with any company you will have people you would rather not work with... but otherwise that's it.

FirstEnergy2017-09-03
  3. "Great Company to Have a Career At"

Current Employee - Transmission Systems Operator in Akron, OH

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging work environment, with excellent resources and a very encouraging team atmosphere. Employee pay is very good, and seems to be very competitive to the industry. Also benefits are great (despite what older employees might claim as they had even better benefits at one point).

Cons

Most of the positions are high stress positions, that require excellent attention to detail and an understanding of complex subject matter. Due to the nature of the work, many job responsibilities or tools are in constant flux. The electric system itself is very dynamic and it requires people in the power industry to be very excellent at dynamic problem solving.

Advice to Management

My advice would be that management should take more advice from employees performing essential job functions when considering upgrades to tools or systems. Operator input on transmission projects in planning for instance, would go a long way to help address the disconnect that sometimes exist between design practicality and necessity. Overall, this "open to suggestions" culture has been really excellent with regards to safety culture. It could be another strong benefit that will ultimately improve performance of the system and employee morale. My experience with management at FE has always been positive and that's really the only suggestion I have.

FirstEnergy2017-04-11

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of time off and laid back atmosphere. 401k match 100% up to 6%. Lots of room for growth and excellent pay compared to similar positions.

Cons

Cold winters! Not much else to complain about

FirstEnergy2016-05-14
  5. "Transmission System Operator"

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great vacation policy, cash based pension, laid back culture, gym facility, busy, great bonuses, room for growth, cool place to work

Cons

Formal dress policy, not many company sponsored events, most of the people working there are older, no cafeteria in my building, bad coffee, nothing major to complain about

FirstEnergy2015-12-31