FirstHealth of the Carolinas Reviews | Glassdoor

David J. Kilarski

1. "Medical Transcriptionist"

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Editor in Pinehurst, NC
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Editor in Pinehurst, NC

I have been working at FirstHealth of the Carolinas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team work atmosphere, good pay

Cons

None. We're being laid off in Transcription.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Patient Services Representative"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Pinehurst, NC
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Pinehurst, NC

I worked at FirstHealth of the Carolinas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quarterly bonus for revenue cycle management department

Cons

Pressure employees to collect as must money as possible from patients regardless of their ability to pay for emergency room visits

"EMT"

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Siler City, NC
    Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Siler City, NC

I have been working at FirstHealth of the Carolinas (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Folks to work with as far as partners

Cons

Management and amount of hours asked to work is ridiculous

Advice to Management

pay attention to your employees and your yearly evaluations you have them to do!!!! Above all LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. "Great company with few career growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Epic Applications Analyst in Pinehurst, NC
    Current Employee - Epic Applications Analyst in Pinehurst, NC

I have been working at FirstHealth of the Carolinas (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great community everybody slow to each other and companies loyal to its employees

Cons

Too much work with two little people
    Know that your population is getting younger not older

Advice to Management

Staff appropriately and others won't be overworked and stressed

6. "Lab services rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockingham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockingham, NC

Pros

Great hospital to work for, promotion within, great benefits

Cons

I found no cons at all.

"Do you really want to work here?"

Current Employee - N/A in Hope Mills, NC
    Current Employee - N/A in Hope Mills, NC

I have been working at FirstHealth of the Carolinas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This Heath Care strives on providing top notch patient care. The CEO actually seems to really care about what matters most to the organization (excellent employees that provide excellent customer care and services).

Cons

The benefits that FirstHealth provides only seem to benefit those individuals that live in close proximity to any of FirstHealths facilities most. If you work in a non-clinical/professional position...do not rely on an good work/family balance. It could get a little frustrating at times (having to take PTO for Company recognized Holidays) for example.

Advice to Management

Focus a little more on benefits and compensation...it would make it a lot more easier when looking to recruit good talent.

"Great Place to Work and live"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pinehurst, NC
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pinehurst, NC

Pros

Fair Pay, rewarding jobs, good benefits, nice facilities. Multiple in-house and external departments to work in, that you're sure to find one that fits the hours you need and satisfies what you are looking for. Extremely easy transfer system, if you decide you would like to work in a different area. Great shift differential compensation for RN's, especially weekend pay.

Cons

Long hours. Employee portion for insurance coverage is too expensive if you have a spouse and/or children. Work schedules are not flexible. Must work holidays and every other weekend. All RN's are required to have a BSN at the start of employment for most non-clinical jobs, and all others now, or you must go back to school to acquire your BSN with 5 yrs of employment for all patient care jobs. That's completely obbsurd. Experience and knowledge should mean more than having a higher degree. When in nursing, mostly everything you learn, and everything you need to learn to do a good job, is on the job.

Advice to Management

You always need to have a positive attitude with your employees. And help your employees any way you can to make it a more positive work environment. Always recognize a good job done, and make a point to tell your employees what a great job they do and how much you appreciate them, individually. It will make a more positive, happy work environment for everyone. Don't take your individual stress out on your employees. Get out on the floor and actually help your nurses when they are desperate for some help, and you're not in a meeting, instead of sitting in the office every day and going to breakfast and lunch for an hour at a time with the other managers. Just be more hands on and physically help when it's needed. Always be assertive. Not aggressive when you're updating your employees about a new important policy change or a mandatory class or anything new. Just be nice. It goes a long way. Strive to have good leadership qualities instead of mistreating your employees ever. What type of boss would you like to have? Strive to be that boss/that person to others.

9. "The best hospital in the area!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pinehurst, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pinehurst, NC

I have been working at FirstHealth of the Carolinas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an employee for 5 years and am proud to tell others where I work. Some of the pros of working here include the great location, good benefits, clean facility, strong community involvement and the majority of my peers.

Cons

Although they were one of the first to become electronically savvy, they did choose a less expensive program against the opinion of many employees. So now we are having to get another new system to keep up with the times, which means more change for staff and probable frustrations as we transition once again.

Advice to Management

Please take our opinions to heart and actually consider our advice! We are on the front line daily and really know what will work best for the majority of staff and patients!

"Good place to work. Pay needs seriously work."

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Pinehurst, NC
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Pinehurst, NC

Pros

Good people in our IS department. On the cutting edge of technology.

Cons

High stress environment. We do the same or higher level of work than hospitals that are larger for much less pay and with less stuff.

Advice to Management

Stop the politics. Give us the tools, pay, training and more staff to get the job done to our high standards.

"Firsthealth of the Carolinas Review"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Pinehurst, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Pinehurst, NC

Pros

Great organization. Great leadership. Great Values

Cons

Career Advancement opportunities are lacking