Fischer Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Fischer Homes CEO Bob Hawksley
Bob Hawksley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent training program in KY (in 7 reviews)

• Fischer Homes sales counselors has the ability to earn a great living if they are willing to work diligently at there profession (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can get be an issue in sales if you let it (in 3 reviews)

• No cons here- it is what you make of it like anything in life (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fischer Homes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time

Pros

Great company, tremendous place to work. Successful and treats associates very well. Great culture founded on doing what is right at all times.

Cons

It is not easy. There are high expectations across the board, and that is not for everyone. If you are a hard worker, who is dedicated to success, you will love it.

Advice to Management

Continue to build the amazing culture, everything flows from that.

2. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fischer Homes is a great place to work. Staff and management are always positive and smiling. Fischer Homes is continuing to grow and keeps their employees busy, but not overwhelmed. Flexible work schedule allows for further productivity. Many resources to advance skill level and career. Fischer Homes gives back to wonderful causes, including St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Cons

No negatives. The culture of this company does not disappoint.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow as a company and continue to fully service your great customers!

3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fischer Homes provides many opportunities for their employees to learn and grow. They make you feel like you are an integral part of the team by giving you responsibility while leading you in the right direction. There is a great work environment with friendly co-workers and strong leadership. The company is growing and expanding and will continue to be a prosperous business to work for.

Cons

The company's growth gives employees plenty to do. We are busy, but it prevents work days from becoming mundane.

4. "LIES. Unless there have been MASSIVE changes don’t believe a SINGLE WORD of their corporate description."

I worked at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unless you have been there for ages or are related to someone don’t bother. Even then you are likely to feel the distinct sting of tire treads from being thrown under the bus on a constant basis.

Cons

Everything. I have never experienced a more horrible, back biting, and underhanded group in my entire career. Nothing that is said or done is above board, ethical, or truthful. No growth opportunities, no training, no learning. Just horrible.

Advice to Management

Burn it down.

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time

Pros

Fischer Homes is by far one of the best companies I have worked for. The managers and staff are extremely helpful and nice. The team environment is great and everyone has been great to work with. Highly suggest working for Fischer.

Cons

No cons that I have dealt with.

6. "Sales Counselor"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time

Pros

The job provides exceptional opportunities with a great supportive leadership team.

Cons

Highs are high and lows are low.

Advice to Management

Be patient and diligent

7. "Sales Counselor"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. You are left alone to make your own way with contacts and building your database.

Cons

No Direction or help with the data base or marketing, you are on your own. If you don't come to the job with realtors feeding you leads it will be difficult to make any commision.Fischer advertises $121K average , looking at what co-works sale a would think more like $80K range. Sales Counselor turnover is about 80%. I have seen very good sale people being let go because they missed getting a sale for the month, and you do not get any help.

Advice to Management

Sale people feel mistreated. You are only as good as your last sale. and that how the attitude is from management. Treat your Sales Counselors like you treat those at corp. Work with the sales people to be successful. not just FUSE, but ongoing. One on ones need to be more than "What are you working on" , teach tactics and marketing strategies. We work on our days off and long days to make a sale. No pats on the back just "Whos Next"

8. "Found my Home at Fischer Homes!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Fischer Homes is fantastic! Since day 1, I have found the associates of Fischer Homes to be very supportive and helpful. I have 16+ years of professional experience with other organizations, and I can appreciate the positive environment here. There are plenty of organized and well executed training programs for employees, and opportunities for advancement.

The company has a very sustainable growth strategy, a standard of quality of home that goes well beyond competitors, and a focus on an outstanding experience for the customers.

Cons

We are definitely growing, so we stay busy for sure!

Advice to Management

The leadership has done a good job so far of continually evaluating our processes - continue to do so in order to continue to stay ahead of the competition.

9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training opportunities, and resources at your fingertips. The communication between field staff and the Management staff is great. Everyone I have had contact with is eager to help resolve issues.

Cons

The vacation time needs to be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the company, but don't lose sight of the most important aspect. Taking care of our customers from start to finish, because without them we would be nowhere. They are trusting us with the biggest investment they will likely ever make, and it is our responsibility to deliver the best product we can.

10. "Top Place to work"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive Management
    Opportunity to grow
    Great coworker/team environment

Cons

Work life balance can get be an issue in sales if you let it.