Fischer Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Fischer Homes CEO Bob Hawksley
Bob Hawksley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fischer homes is a great place to work at for numerous reasons (in 7 reviews)

• Fischer Homes sales counselors has the ability to earn a great living if they are willing to work diligently at there profession (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can get be an issue in sales if you let it (in 3 reviews)

• No cons here- it is what you make of it like anything in life (in 3 reviews)

1. "Construction Superintendent"

Current Employee - Construction Superintendent in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Construction Superintendent in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Fischer Homes has had an abundance of Pro's. The tools that they provide us in the field for success is priceless. The training program that is put in place to help Assistant Superintendents is first class. I have been building homes for 18 years and coming to this company has impressed me. The quality and engineering that goes into each home is beyond amazing. There are so many departments and support staff that help you right away in case you need something. It is by far one of the greatest companies I have worked for.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about Fischer Homes

Advice to Management

None. Management works very well with all employees.

2. "Good learning experience"

I worked at Fischer Homes full-time

Pros

good place to start out, they do teach you a lot and have a lot of training courses.

Cons

Start out pay isnt great but annual raises are terrible!

"Sales Counselor Role (Cinci Market)"

Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fischer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Potential/opportunity (Ie: no ceiling for income $$, multiple desirable markets available, internal promotion)
    - Properly equipped: you are given all the tools (managers, software, technology) to succeed
    - Intensive hands on training: Fischer Homes invests in perpetually improving their employees via weekly meetings, interactive video tutorials, self/peer reviews, 1v1 w/ mgmt
    - Feel valued: was made a priority when necessary
    - Camaraderie: Tight-knit sales teams, positive family atmosphere
    - Change: Sales software updated frequently to mitigate steps in the sales process for a smoother customer experience
    - Freedom: Unmonitored model hours allows for allocating your time for optimal use
    - Responsive IS team: Identify and fix issues in a timely manner
    - Accountability: You will be held accountable
    - Natural Selection environment: the hardest/smartest working and attentive to detail individuals will reap the most

Cons

- Overbearing Mgmt: "Too critical" "Asking too much"
    - Freedom: Unmonitored working hours allows for sloppy use of time
    - Change: Learning new software or programs is a nuisance to some
    - Accountability: you will be held accountable
    - Weekends hours/late nights (somewhat avoidable with effective time management)
    - Weak 401k and investment options
    - Natural Selection environment: survival of (those willing to be) the fittest

Advice to Management

As you can see, some of the Pro's double as Con's. That is because this job is what you make it. Some will view 'change' as bad and some as good. Similarly, "Intensive improvement" can be viewed as "overbearing mgmt" and so on. Fischer Homes and their upper management will not ask anything of their employees that is unreasonable. There is a valid reason and logical approach behind all of their processes and protocols.

I would describe the Sales Counselor as a "how bad do you want it!?" opportunity. If you have drive and want to put in the necessary work to be successful, then this is the job for you. Heavy emphasis on "necessary work," as this differs from person to person based on experience and skill set. If you are a team player, open to growth and constructive criticism, then this is the job for you. If you are a self-aware, pragmatic individual and up for a challenge, then this is the job for you. If you are looking to join a quick-witted, exuberant, and friendly sales team, then this is the job for you. If you subscribe to the proverbial "iron sharpens iron" mindset, and if you want to bring value and improve Fischer Homes, Fischer Homes will be your ironing opposition and value and improve you.

The common denominator of the successful Salesperson at Fischer Homes is glaringly transparent: the individuals that want it the most have their names located at the top of the monthly/quarterly/yearly sales reports.

Advice to (Cincinnati) management: Continue to illustrate a proper expectation for future and current hires. The right people will gravitate to the proper expectations that are painted by management. Maintain the same honest interviewing process I was given. What was expected of me and what I was informed to expect was accurately depicted throughout this process and continued throughout my tenure here...The workplace atmosphere I was exposed to at Fischer Home was cultivated by those who were extremely passionate and empathetic. The existence of protuberant professionalism and ability to approach a coworker or manager as a friend may appear as mutually exclusive situations. However, this unique dynamic is something I will miss when looking back on my employment at Fischer Homes.

4. "Fischer Homes is such a great company to work for."

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time

Pros

The culture of Fischer homes is so positive and welcoming. Everyone from the top down loves to answer questions and help out in any way to make your job better. They take care of their employees to ensure a happy, and healthy work environment.

Cons

I can't think of a single one.

5. "Love working here!"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time

Pros

It's a great place to work. The values of the company alone makes it worth it.

Cons

None that I can think of.

6. "I never imagined I could earn this much in a career I enjoy"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You write your own paycheck based on how hard you are willing to work. You earn money while helping people build their dream home.

Cons

You have to work weekends. It can be cut throat at times, as in most sales positions, so you have to watch your back at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to those in the front line and make changes accordingly.

7. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fischer Homes is a great place to work. Staff and management are always positive and smiling. Fischer Homes is continuing to grow and keeps their employees busy, but not overwhelmed. Flexible work schedule allows for further productivity. Many resources to advance skill level and career. Fischer Homes gives back to wonderful causes, including St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Cons

No negatives. The culture of this company does not disappoint.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow as a company and continue to fully service your great customers!

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fischer Homes provides many opportunities for their employees to learn and grow. They make you feel like you are an integral part of the team by giving you responsibility while leading you in the right direction. There is a great work environment with friendly co-workers and strong leadership. The company is growing and expanding and will continue to be a prosperous business to work for.

Cons

The company's growth gives employees plenty to do. We are busy, but it prevents work days from becoming mundane.

9. "STAY AWAY. TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT. BAD BUSINESS ETHICS"

Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money can be good if you work 24/7. Otherwise you are hitting the draw. Your bosses breathe down your neck.

Cons

Leadership puts you in bad positions that prevent selling. They do not assist, but rather hinder sales in your communities. They do not care about you, or your community.

Advice to Management

New Management is key to success.

"LIES. Unless there have been MASSIVE changes don’t believe a SINGLE WORD of their corporate description."

I worked at Fischer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unless you have been there for ages or are related to someone don’t bother. Even then you are likely to feel the distinct sting of tire treads from being thrown under the bus on a constant basis.

Cons

Everything. I have never experienced a more horrible, back biting, and underhanded group in my entire career. Nothing that is said or done is above board, ethical, or truthful. No growth opportunities, no training, no learning. Just horrible.

Advice to Management

Burn it down.