Fiserv Client Service Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to maintain work life balance to PS resources" (in 76 reviews)

• "Management Inestability (Lots of change within upper management)" (in 76 reviews)

1. "Client Technical Support"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at Fiserv (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Positive work environment. Company encourages healthy lifestyle . Pays for weight watchers. Encourages work/life balance.

Cons

Support group is going thru reorganization so am a little concerned on client service impact

Fiserv Response

Aug 31, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We're thrilled you are feeling the positive benefits of our wellness and total rewards programs! We sincerely hope you continue to share why you are #FISVProud. Thank you for your continued focus on... More

"Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The PTO is the only good thing about it.

Cons

Well where to begin. The last couple years we have heard that we do not have money for raises and the raises we do get do not even keep up with the cost of living increases. Yet now we suddenly have 524 Million Dollars to spend on naming an arena for a team that has not won squat in a generation or more. This is a total slap in the face to the people that really make the company run, the workers. If they took 10% of that money they spent to name an arena that will be employing thugs that would be dead or in jail if they couldn't dribble a ball they could give meaningful raises to the rank and file worker.
    We hear all the time that it is One Fiserv. That is not worth the paper it is printed on. The only thing they care about is increasing the bonus they get at the end of the year. The CEO makes on the average double the yearly salary in 1 day of the average Fiserv employee. How is that logical at all? Every meeting and town hall all you hear is adding values to the shareholders. Well aren't we as employees shareholders as well as the stuffed shirts and fat cats? The fact that they refused to give the employees a raise from the 130 million plus tax break they got from our dysfunctional President speaks volumes. They DO NOT CARE about anybody that does not make over 100k a year.
    Our clients are suffering since they turned our division into a call center with no focus on solving problems and a total focus on hitting numbers. We do not have time to work on cases or give the customers the attention that they pay a lot of money for. Our managers are so busy working on numbers and metrics that they lose sight of the fact that we need help. There really needs to be some serious questions answered before we end up in the gutter. Since I have been there all the good talent has left with NO offer to keep them. Upper management seems to think that 52% of employees looking for jobs outside of Fiserv is a good thing.
    I do not know if there is anything that management will do. /They have their heads so far up their collective behinds that they have no sense of what is right or what really goes on in day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Get rid of this overpaid CEO and start to focus on the employees. I believe it was Sir Richard Branson that said " Client's do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of the employees they will take care of the clients." This company has lost focus of what has made this company what it is, and it sure is not the upper management.
    Stop filling the waste of time town halls with numbers and pretending everything is unicorns and kittens. That is not the reality that 95% of the Fiserv employees deal with every day. We are real people with real needs that are not being met.

"Client Service Analyst - Online Banking"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to travel
    Good stepping stone to better companies

Cons

Poor training program
    Poor management
    Peer unwilling to help
    Bad work/life balance
    Bad pay

Advice to Management

Recognize that your employees have a life outside of the office and that it’s ok for Fiserv to not always come first in their life. Pay them what they are worth.

"Client Service Analyst"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s nice to be able to work from home on occasion.
    No other pros - do not work here, unless you want to die from stress.

Cons

Just about every aspect of this job is a con. There is no accountability whatsoever for employees who don’t even meet the bare minimum of the job requirements. Middle management is terrible. Constant empty promises which leads to low morale. I’ve never worked for a company as disorganized as this one. Very slow to make changes that improve and make jobs easier, yet fast to make decisions which negatively impact employees. Those who go above and beyond are not recognized. Constantly demand more and more, yet compensation is minimal, if at all.

Advice to Management

Don’t be afraid to fire employees who are not productive. LISTEN. Stop saying you’ll do things that will never get done. Be honest when laying employees off. Stop sending all development jobs overseas just to save a few bucks. Get rid of Yabuki - he’s a selfish CEO who cares little about failing day to day operations. Care about more than just the stock price. Don’t make it so difficult to replace employees who constantly leave. It shouldn’t take 3 months for a job posting to get approved, if they actually decide to replace the departing employee. Less BS during town hall meetings - most of us see right through it. It’s laughable at how out of touch the “important” people are. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

"Decent place to start career"

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to start a career and get professional development before inevitably moving to another company.

Cons

You're treated as a number in a stock price, so you aren't compensated well. Once you realize you can go to another employer for a higher salary, you will leave.

Advice to Management

Provide better compensation for employees and attempt to retain talent.

"Downward Spiral"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great. Overall, the environment is fairly professional which is a plus. Vacation time is decent if you can get what you request off.

Cons

The company is getting very stingy with pay as well as the work/life balance. People have been complaining about pay for quite a while. Fiserv doesn't listen or care. The government raised the minimum salary so that companies like Fiserv can't take advantage of their employees like they have been. (Fiserv has a 24 hr shift they pay peanuts for). Fiserv had the opportunity to step up and raise the salary for everyone. They didn't. They raised it for a few so they can have them work the 24 and made everyone else hourly. To be clear on this, the GOVERNMENT stepped in because the pay isn't fair. That speaks volumes about this company and the treatment of their employees. On top of that, they hire upper management from other call centers so take a wild guess at the current environment. You guessed it, nothing but a call center.

Advice to Management

The majority of your now hourly employees and salaried are looking for a new job elsewhere. Other companies raised their salary to meet the minimum and we are aware of that. You went low, they went high. So my advice would be to open your wallet if you don't want an empty support team. You need us, not the other way around. We are fully aware of how difficult it will be to have all new people and no one wants to be the last so it's a race to get out first.

Fiserv Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Fiserv is committed to being an excellent place to work by listening to feedback from our associates. While this post regarding your experience at our Lincoln campus concerns us, we appreciate your... More

"Sliding from Great to Average"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

The people are willing to work with each other and genuinely eager to do the best for the customer and each other.

Cons

The company is so compartmentalized that it can be near-impossible for projects to go forward. Compensation is behind the area average and there has been a dramatic drain of talent to other companies in the area. Leadership seems more focused on putting cosmetic changes in place than a genuine review of why jobs go unfilled for months.

8. "Client Service Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Great training provided your first few months on the job, as well as getting to keep all of the travel perks you earn by traveling all the time.

Cons

Pay is not even comparable to other places where you have the same responsibility/duty and same travel schedule, as Fiserv is on the much lower end of the pay scale in that aspect.

Advice to Management

Need to value your employee and make sure they are compensated for the amount of work they, nobody every thinks they will get paid enough but at least be competitive

9. "Decent, not great"

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to travel, challenging, lots of opportunity for gaining knowledge and experience.

Cons

They don't care about their employees. They overwork you and under pay you. Very little appreciation is shown. If you have a personal life be prepared to be expected to make work your new personal life...

Advice to Management

Start taking care of your employees. Happy employees=happy clients.

"Client Service Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv (More than a year)

Pros

Managers are great with adjusting your schedule if you need long lunch break for doctor appointment etc. No micro management at all.

Cons

The company is incredibly unorganized, and there is no communication between staff and management or even between team members. There is no training program so you better be able to self trian by finding and reading manuals. There is also no clarified path for promotion.

Advice to Management

Take pride in your job, and train your staff properly. Concentrate on giving excellent service by having an educated staff rather than just teaching them to deal with upset customers after the fact.