Fiserv Client Service Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to maintain work life balance to PS resources" (in 71 reviews)

• "Management Inestability (Lots of change within upper management)" (in 71 reviews)

1. "Client Technical Support"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at Fiserv (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Positive work environment. Company encourages healthy lifestyle . Pays for weight watchers. Encourages work/life balance.

Cons

Support group is going thru reorganization so am a little concerned on client service impact

Fiserv Response

Aug 31, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We're thrilled you are feeling the positive benefits of our wellness and total rewards programs! We sincerely hope you continue to share why you are #FISVProud. Thank you for your continued focus on... More

"Client Service Analyst"

Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s nice to be able to work from home on occasion.
    No other pros - do not work here, unless you want to die from stress.

Cons

Just about every aspect of this job is a con. There is no accountability whatsoever for employees who don’t even meet the bare minimum of the job requirements. Middle management is terrible. Constant empty promises which leads to low morale. I’ve never worked for a company as disorganized as this one. Very slow to make changes that improve and make jobs easier, yet fast to make decisions which negatively impact employees. Those who go above and beyond are not recognized. Constantly demand more and more, yet compensation is minimal, if at all.

Advice to Management

Don’t be afraid to fire employees who are not productive. LISTEN. Stop saying you’ll do things that will never get done. Be honest when laying employees off. Stop sending all development jobs overseas just to save a few bucks. Get rid of Yabuki - he’s a selfish CEO who cares little about failing day to day operations. Care about more than just the stock price. Don’t make it so difficult to replace employees who constantly leave. It shouldn’t take 3 months for a job posting to get approved, if they actually decide to replace the departing employee. Less BS during town hall meetings - most of us see right through it. It’s laughable at how out of touch the “important” people are. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

"Getting worse all the time"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive thing I can say is it is nice to be able to work from home.

Cons

Well to start things are much worse now than when I started. We have had at last count 7-8 rounds of layoffs with jobs being shipped off to India. They are people that have been with the company for upwards of 17-22 years, and for what? To money and inflate the stock price? That is another thing that is worse. Everything is tied to the almighty shareholders. You ask a question and the management immediately mentions the shareholders, or does not answer the question at all. I still to this day have not gotten a straight answer out of my managers manager to questions I have asked. It seems to me that the old adage " you dance with the one that brought you" is very true. They have lost sight of who actually does the work, designs the products, supports the banks and that is not the shareholders. It is the rank and file workers, and I am not talking about the middle managers and above who are usually about 700 miles from your location and have no clue what you do, or who you are besides a name on a report that says you did not hit the ridiculous utilization numbers some clown trying to save his job came up with.

Since I have started there have been several people leave my department, and no replacements. The people in Brookfield have accomplished their goal of turning us into a cookie cutter call center. Everything is tied to numbers and metrics and they will not budge from that, even when we tell them our struggles they do not care. We do not need 84 inch tv's in the conference rooms, or 12 kinds of soda in the break area. What we need is management that cares and trys to make positive changes. The reward system is a joke. We all know what we are getting months before they come out and frankly, they are insulting. An average of 2% a year which does not include any cost of living raise or anything. Meanwhile the CEO makes about $ 77,000 a day, or almost twice as much as we make in a year. And they really wonder why our division had a 52% percent response that they were looking for another job on the last employee survey. They are facing a brain drain and do not seem to really care. We are a dime a dozen and they make us feel we are fortunate to be able to work there. They are also fostering an us vs them mentality.

Advice to Management

You really need to think about the employees more. The way things are going you may find yourselves in a bad spot. Lots of big companies did the right thing when the tax breaks came out and gave back to the workers. Surely they can spend some of the 130 million they will save in taxes on the employees. And not the CEO or upper management, the last thing they need is another vacation home.

"Decent place to start career"

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to start a career and get professional development before inevitably moving to another company.

Cons

You're treated as a number in a stock price, so you aren't compensated well. Once you realize you can go to another employer for a higher salary, you will leave.

Advice to Management

Provide better compensation for employees and attempt to retain talent.

"Downward Spiral"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great. Overall, the environment is fairly professional which is a plus. Vacation time is decent if you can get what you request off.

Cons

The company is getting very stingy with pay as well as the work/life balance. People have been complaining about pay for quite a while. Fiserv doesn't listen or care. The government raised the minimum salary so that companies like Fiserv can't take advantage of their employees like they have been. (Fiserv has a 24 hr shift they pay peanuts for). Fiserv had the opportunity to step up and raise the salary for everyone. They didn't. They raised it for a few so they can have them work the 24 and made everyone else hourly. To be clear on this, the GOVERNMENT stepped in because the pay isn't fair. That speaks volumes about this company and the treatment of their employees. On top of that, they hire upper management from other call centers so take a wild guess at the current environment. You guessed it, nothing but a call center.

Advice to Management

The majority of your now hourly employees and salaried are looking for a new job elsewhere. Other companies raised their salary to meet the minimum and we are aware of that. You went low, they went high. So my advice would be to open your wallet if you don't want an empty support team. You need us, not the other way around. We are fully aware of how difficult it will be to have all new people and no one wants to be the last so it's a race to get out first.

Fiserv Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Fiserv is committed to being an excellent place to work by listening to feedback from our associates. While this post regarding your experience at our Lincoln campus concerns us, we appreciate your... More

"Sliding from Great to Average"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

The people are willing to work with each other and genuinely eager to do the best for the customer and each other.

Cons

The company is so compartmentalized that it can be near-impossible for projects to go forward. Compensation is behind the area average and there has been a dramatic drain of talent to other companies in the area. Leadership seems more focused on putting cosmetic changes in place than a genuine review of why jobs go unfilled for months.

7. "Client Service Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Great training provided your first few months on the job, as well as getting to keep all of the travel perks you earn by traveling all the time.

Cons

Pay is not even comparable to other places where you have the same responsibility/duty and same travel schedule, as Fiserv is on the much lower end of the pay scale in that aspect.

Advice to Management

Need to value your employee and make sure they are compensated for the amount of work they, nobody every thinks they will get paid enough but at least be competitive

8. "Decent, not great"

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to travel, challenging, lots of opportunity for gaining knowledge and experience.

Cons

They don't care about their employees. They overwork you and under pay you. Very little appreciation is shown. If you have a personal life be prepared to be expected to make work your new personal life...

Advice to Management

Start taking care of your employees. Happy employees=happy clients.

"Client Service Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv (More than a year)

Pros

Managers are great with adjusting your schedule if you need long lunch break for doctor appointment etc. No micro management at all.

Cons

The company is incredibly unorganized, and there is no communication between staff and management or even between team members. There is no training program so you better be able to self trian by finding and reading manuals. There is also no clarified path for promotion.

Advice to Management

Take pride in your job, and train your staff properly. Concentrate on giving excellent service by having an educated staff rather than just teaching them to deal with upset customers after the fact.

"Installer"

Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Surprise, AZ
    Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Surprise, AZ

I worked at Fiserv (More than 3 years)

Pros

I did have a great work group

Cons

Too much office politics when trying to get assistance for other departments.

Advice to Management

Stop delivering software packages to banks when the software is not ready for deployment.