Fiserv Reviews in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a challenge (in 53 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't work closely with associates to better understand roles" (in 64 reviews)

1. "Trading Team"

Former Employee - Trading Teame in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Trading Teame in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, benefits, other hard working people

Cons

Pay raises, development plans, growth

Advice to Management

I wanted to chime in after previous reviews. I worked in Jersey city and recently left due to personal reason. My team was amazing from my manager NM I can say was always available if I had any issues. All of my team members were helpful and always go above and beyond. Yes in every company you have people you must work with who are not helpful but it's life. If you're doing your work you will be ok. In the Jerey city office you'll find a lot of nice people. Before I left some people did quit for better opportunities but that will happen in any company. I can't speak for all the managers but I can say my team and manager NM made it possible for me to succeed.

2. "Decent Company"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Good work-life balance, benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Management is very reactive and lacks vision for adjusting to changing business climate.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive and less reactive

"Customer Operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros aren't that many with the changes that have only taken away everything from good associates but two of the three managers are nice and some employees are truly hard working nice associates.

Cons

First off when reviews came out two years ago our leader Cheryl Nash shot them down as disgruntled employees when associates looked at each other and agreed. We've lost so many good employees and others are looking to leave as well. The people at the top contribute nothing to the people underneath them and from the lower level customer operations associate we all feel they don't care. In the 5 years I've worked there we've had 5 different SVP's to report to and not one has done anything to better us the working people. There are several client services associates who know nothing about the application they sell to to million dollar clients, easily replaced by outlook. When client services are making near 6 figures and know nothing about the applications just to harass you it can be difficult to do your job. If you took a honest poll from all customer operations associates maybe 2 out of the 20 will say it's ok. The greatest part is when you love what you do as an occupation and work hard you get nothing for your hard work. Upper management has consistently said there is opportunities and promotions are available. But they have only promoted two people from entry level rep to analyst just to keep them with the company(barely a raise). But there are some good reps who are told we are not allowed to promote right now. Also there's analyst who have been there for 7-10 years who are great and cannot get promoted as well. Cheryl is either so blind to how her employees feel or could care less. She seems like a nice person but throughout the past two years the decisions made truly say we don't care about you bottom feeders, less money, no opportunity and we get more money. Our top clients JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo and RBC don't see how were treated and they still pay million of dollars to us yearly. For the amount of work associates should get paid more and/or many people should be hired but neither has been done or is being done. Two of the three managers a man and a woman are extremely nice and seem to care about the customer operations associates under them but they can't do anything when the management above them tells them to not promote anyone and tie there hands with BS. This is the perfect job if your 21 and don't mind a dead end job with management who doesn't care just ask around. Cheryl Nash don't discredit this review and ask for honest opinions. Jeff Yabuki you should care about CheckFree or what is now Fiserv Investments Services. I feel bad for the overworked underpaid and hard working associates. You have to deal with client services who makes 30k higher than your salary who know nothing not even how to login and terrorize your life. The greatest part was how Cheryl and others stated how they are providing benefits and salary in comparison with other companies in the market they don't want to keep up with them but be near them. They don't even make it close since I know others who work for them.

Advice to Management

Give back raises to your operations associates or pay them much higher base salaries if you want to keep good associates. Promote the associates who make you look good. It's a pity honestly that in 5 years I've had that many SVPs and none have done anything to make it better.

"Great place...."

Former Employee - Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv (Less than a year)

Pros

If you'd like to see yourself and those you work with constantly worrying about getting laid off, this is the place for you! Management loves to preach about balance and once they lay you off you can have your life back!

Cons

Clients are given free rein to trample associates. Management portrays associates as less knowledgable than clients. 24 hour expectation for associates to handle issues.

Advice to Management

Consider less hiring and more retention. Make people want to stay. Enough with the layoffs after divisions miss 30 percent growth.

6. "Consistently Improving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv (More than 10 years)

Pros

--Leaders care about clients and associates
    --Impressive performance while investing
    --Significant opportunities
    --Committed to clients

Cons

--Continuous focus forward can be exhausting
    --Focus on client and technology as service requires integrating work and life.

Advice to Management

--Continue focus on clients and tools improvement
    --Focus on the digital opportunities

"Senior Unix Administrator"

Current Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Some of the best talent around. You will learn a lot from your co-workers. Working remotely is an option(managers discretion)

Cons

Up until last year Fiserv had a "rank and yank" policy which made retention of good people difficult because as everyone knows, it is unsustainable over the long haul. The upper management does not respect the talent on the ground and are always trying to save a few pennies by outsourcing one-for one to India and Costa Rica. Job stability is poor. Benefits are also poor. Workers are treated by Upper management as objects, not people. I was once forced to work for 3 days straight with no sleep.

Advice to Management

Stop the outsourcing. The India guys do not want to work during the day because it is their night.

"Not sure about all of Fiserv but the Investment Services division is a mess. No one is addressing what is wrong."

Current Employee - Customer Operations Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

*The co workers in the trenches
    *Telecommute flexibility
    *Free bagels on Mondays
    *Jeans on Fridays

Cons

* losing quality employees for several reasons, no employee retention
    *no promotions (as said by HR)
    *minuscule raises
    *no bonuses unless you are a director (or above)
    *lack of product focus
    *no forward thinking on products, competition way ahead of us
    *constant re-orgs....every 12-18 months
    *little to no career development
    *absolutely horrible health insurance
    *too much hiring from the outside, no internal movement
    *top heavy on management
    *no resources for development or client projects
    *staff is stretched way too thin
    *morale is at an all time low (I've been here ten years)

You may ask why I am still here at Fiserv after 10yrs. Well I am quitting tomorrow.

Advice to Management

No use advising them on something they will never listen too

"A Lost Leader"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Terrific legacy technology. Invented the managed account accounting industry and had gained close to a 90% market share. Part a $5 billion company with strong growth and a great stock value.

Cons

Unfortunately, over the course of time, the former Security APL group sat back on its size and prominence and failed to reinvest and innovate. Competition popped up with better more nimble technology and a different view of the industry and depleted the groups market share. New sales became next to impossible, due to an antiquated pricing methodology and lack of product vision. The move from Jersey City to Warren NJ was absolutely a culture change that hinders client interaction with large organizations in NYC. Morale is at an all time low and employees don't trust the decisions of the Leadership team. They have opted to increase profits to corporate by decreasing investment in the division, causing infighting, silo's and people generally feeling like they are not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Change your philosophy. Accept that you are not longer the industry leader and regain the hunger that you once had. take your clients criticism seriously and begin to operate from an offensive position instead of consistently playing defense. Get in front of your clients, listen to their issues, change and correct what is wrong using methods that work. Not the same methods that clients criticize annually because of failure to deliver and failure to understand the root cause of the issues that they raise. The industry has changed and is moving and changing rapidly, you're already behind the curve, correct course and begin to rebuild your business. There is no silver bullet, its hard work and hard decisions that will help you turn the corner.

"Great people to work with but otherwise not a very good experience"

Former Employee - Reporting Systems Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Reporting Systems Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great day-to-day team and coworkers
    Flexible work hours, open to work from homes.
    The coworkers I worked with day to day were some really smart and dedicated people

Cons

Lack of direction and leadership
    Low market pay and lack of raises
    Lack of focus, doesn't feel company going right direction. A lot of internal projects ended up getting us nowhere and hurts morale

Advice to Management

Really need to have a clear focus on goals and not just getting short term projects done

11. "Very Disorganized"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot, gained good experience

Cons

Company is constantly being bought out and reorged

Advice to Management

try to keep experienced people

Showing 33 of 1,845 reviews