Fiserv Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to maintain work life balance to PS resources" (in 71 reviews)

• "Management Inestability (Lots of change within upper management)" (in 72 reviews)

1. "Best Career Decision I've Made!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first interaction with Fiserv was through a corporate recruiter, Robbie Brock, and I must say that I was immediately impressed! While I was not currently looking for new employment, my profile came up in a LinkedIn search and am I ever happy that he located me!
    The whole interview experience was very professional and enjoyable. Never was I "in the dark" and always aware of what my status was. All Fiserv associates that I came into contact with were extremely positive which continued to build my excitement for joining the company.
    I have been with Fiserv now for 6 months and each day I find myself continuing to learn and be challenged. 6 months ago I was unaware how "stale" my professional career had become but now I find myself excited to come in and take on the day as I know I will be assisting my team and clients with the best service and technology available!

Cons

No cons with working here at Fiserv thus far

Advice to Management

Continue placing value and importance on your internal resources and you will continue to see great results!

Mar 1, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the Kudos! It's associates like Robbie and team that set the stage for your experience working for a FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Company! We hope you continue to stay #FISVProud... More

"Inconsistent culture"

Former Employee - Staff Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company in the Fintech space. Fiserv has a well focused vision of purpose for the banking industry. For standard bank practices, they have wide ranging product capabilities and the processes are solid.

Cons

There HR department practices include promoting favoritism and even allow for prospective employees to fall to discriminatory behaviors. Various departments are operated as "fiefdoms" that treat employees in inconsistent ways dependent on factors of prima facia evidence. If you are in the clique, you are appreciated, if you are not in the clique, effort may be made to lead you to leave. The concept of "fit" depends on your tolerance for psychological abuse.

Advice to Management

Watch more closely for employee reviews of manager practices in the director and below category. Some are quite good, but others leave you open to potential risks of losing good talent and even perhaps legal exposure.

3. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice people. Convenient location. Good benefits: days off, medical, stock purchase, 401k, etc. Engaging work.

Cons

Some misalignment between responsibility and accountability. Roles were not clearly defined and unnecessary amounts of time would be spent shuffling around work until someone finally agreed to take it on. Overtime was expected and normal.

Advice to Management

Management needs to clearly define roles, responsibilities and processes.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building
    work from home policy, but no balance
    free coffee.
    Great cafeteria's
    Great subordinate and highly skilled teammates
    Company webpage nice!

Cons

Management (Director and above) is the worst I seen in 26 years of IT consultation.
    - Leadership and associate reorgs every month for my 12 months of service. The is NO consistency in your reporting officials or careerpath.
    - A director said at a meeting "if you tick people off they will sabotage your projects and you will not receive any support. Don't ask to many "intelligent questions" it will be viewed as an unsatisfactory attitude.
    -.Projects are hidden when "red" from reporting to Executives this can take place for months. This org has many projects in this "red" status and they are given with dire consequences if you don't finish any tasks on time. Constant reshuffling/rescheduling of project priorities causing significant delays to delivery dates.
    -. Results driven without any regards of backlash to its employees and consultants. Solutions consultations are always 60% rushed and inaccurate causing many disagreements between BUs and Technical teams. Many, many, many long conference calls and debates on "how my group operates and "you" must follow our "process". Firewall changes break everything before "Go-Live" events causing many delays in launching new and legacy applications.
    -. If they don't have any reason to let you go they will make one up methodically.
    -. They use their heavy process management to verbally abuse, mistreat, and manipulate their employees. Some employees are physically tired , drained and seeking other employment opportunities. Constant backstabbing and cutthroat environment. A director threaten their team on an org survey one time stating we will track you if you say anything negative about me or their management.
    -. Pay and medical benefits is dismal. If you are a Senior level employee they want to bring you in at junior level pay.
    I do not recommend this company to anyone! While you are there don't lose your sanity find other employment opportunities while you can!

Advice to Management

Be fair and consistent with all employees! Track your organizational leadership before it's to late!

5. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Flexible work arrangement, stock option

Cons

Limited growth opportunities in some businesses

Advice to Management

Seek 360 degree feedback for Director and above level

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people work at Fiserv

Cons

Constant re-organizations, expense cuts lead to eliminating positions then they hire again the next month

Advice to Management

stop letting longtime employees with years of experience go because you can save the most money. Get senior level people who can actually run the business

7. "Working at Fiserv"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Structured PMO
    Work from home flexibility

Cons

No management support
    No effort put in to retain talent
    Revolving door for employee

Advice to Management

Stop the rhetorics and actually create an environment that fosters growth and talent retention.

"Project manager"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 401k, employee stock purchase, great environment

Cons

Raises are low to non existent

Jun 27, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for your feedback regarding our industry-leading benefits, which we believe are an appropriate and high-quality addition to our overall compensation packages. We strive to improve while... More

9. "Some short-term thinking"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Dedicated workforce. Want to make clients successful. Positive culture. Highly experienced and talented associates. Innovation encouraged and rewarded. Fin tech industry leader. Stronger focus on CSR. Financially strong and growing.

Cons

Management focuses on short-term financial gains instead of planning for short-term wins and long-term growth. Few woman in VP roles and no succession planning. State-of-the-art facilities have been created in Atlanta but not in Brookfield, the company's global headquarters.

Advice to Management

Start a leadership development program focused on promoting women to senior levels of the organization, other than token women in HR and communications. Build a flagship corporate headquarters in downtown Milwaukee and partner with the vast number of Wisconsin education institutions to fill the talent pipeline. Join other industry leading companies who have benefited from maintaining their corporate presence in Milwaukee.

May 18, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for your ongoing dedication to our clients and customers - it's this mindset that makes us a FORTUNE Most Admired Brand. We appreciate your detailed feedback, which we have shared with... More

"Longevity"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fairly progressive culture, very diverse. Lots of opportunity and working remote is encouraged when possible. A more mature work force but still vibrant with creativity

Cons

Fiserv sets very high financial performance standards and has missed them recently. Money is tight but work is plentiful. This makes an increasingly stressful environment.

Advice to Management

Don't write checks your employee base can't cash.

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We're excited to reiterate that not only are we actively hunting for the best talent in the industry, but we're proud to train and grow the talent that exists in our own employee base. We set a very... More