Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very proactive in creating a positive work/life balance (in 206 reviews)

• Ability to work from home for a Fortune 500 company (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • difficult work/life balance, no bonus for employees (in 61 reviews)

• Upper management has no clue what happens on a daily basis and middle management is just the bearer of bad news (in 69 reviews)

"Where do you begin with a company this bad?"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like a good old boy's club atmosphere, you will fit right in.

Cons

- no raise worth the paper it's written on for years of service.
    - benefits decrease year over year
    - invasive questions from heath management group and from Fiserv regarding your life (you have to prove you don't smoke and prove that the people on your insurance are your children/spouse)
    - don't go to HR and claim your boss is not doing right -- you will get laid off - for me it was via phone call and NOT in person
    - expect the worst treatment if you have experiences with other companies that have worked but don't follow Fiserv's policies. You are viewed as a nail sticking up.
    -- favoritism, favoritism, favoritism -- our group demands 4 yr college degrees for Sr and leads but have a lead who just barely got his AA
    -- losing work force to off-shoring quickly
    -- no training for a technical position - sure road to obsolete knowledge quickly
    -- on call
    -- out of date, old soon to be discarded software technology

Advice to Management

Close up shop and shut it down. You don't know how to run a software company or create new versions. You only know how to run a holding company.

"Unstable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pros with Fiserv.

Cons

Since I have been in this position, my original company was sold twice causing unrest among the employees. Many people quit in fear of what was to happen. With this last buyout, I feel that Fiserv regards the employees at my location as unwanted stepchildren who are ignored. They changed from our online service to theirs causing 2 departments to close and several people to be let go. They (so far) have not offered to train us (at my location only) to learn their service so that we can take calls on the service (we are a call center). All in all, I would NOT recommend applying for a job with Fiserv. They seem not to care about their employees.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE with your employees! DO NOT leave us in the dark!

"Ccustomer Service Rep call center"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Earned paid time off was good

Cons

Stressful job, high call volumes, the training is lacking, high turnover rate among Supervisors and CSRs, very strict on adherence and your call times.

Advice to Management

Listen to and take an interest in employees feedback. Earn employees trust by doing what you say you are going to do. Promote within.

"Technical Consultant"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working here

Cons

No recognition
    Lies about pay raises or bonuses
    Hiring incapable interns
    Having to clean up other peoples messes

Advice to Management

Hire competent people to work for you and also recognize employees for their deeds

"Getting Worse Here, if that's possible!"

Current Employee - Just A Worker Bee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Just A Worker Bee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, for me at least, but not all depts allow.

Cons

Senior Leadership Team, pay increases

Advice to Management

Don't reduce departments to one or two knowledgeable people and send the rest of the jobs to India or Costa Rica. I've seen this happen in a few areas & there are NO SME's left. If we have any type of catastrophy, software or hardware, we will be in trouble due to this.

6. "Working at Fiserv"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Structured PMO
    Work from home flexibility

Cons

No management support
    No effort put in to retain talent
    Revolving door for employee

Advice to Management

Stop the rhetorics and actually create an environment that fosters growth and talent retention.

"Software Development Engineer"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

not many pros, it was a paycheck

Cons

company and CEO only care about the money. Now to save money they are shipping jobs to India to save a buck. Good luck with that. Not sure how Americans like having their banking data going to India.

"AML Compliance Analyst"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

No Pros at this time

Cons

medical benefits horrible. people do not speak , very racist environment

"Customer support analyst"

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Client Support Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to good food and remodeling an outdated building. Hard to find 20 words worth of "pros". This company is lucky to have loyal employees.

Cons

Managers are hard to speak with. My "Senior" is no help at all. I've always been told we promote from within but I'm now 0 for 15 after 3 years of working here. Not ONE phone interview.

Advice to Management

Keep to your "Values" and value your employees. If you say you're going to promote from within, do it.

"Not what I thought it was going to be."

Current Employee - Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO
    Ability to work remotely at times.

Cons

Too few employees on our team. No compensation for extra workload. Micro-management is horrible.

Advice to Management

When I first started about 3 years ago it was a great place to work. Now it is not fun anymore. My team has lost several people and they have not been replaced, so it increases the workload on us. Now we are being made to support another product from another division that we know little about. Again, with no compensation for the extra duties. It looks like they are using the do more with less approach, which I can tell you from experience does NOT work. Morale and teamwork is at an all time low. We have very few resources to ask for help.

Upper management thinks that we are a call center and treats us as such. We are not a call center. We are supposed to be client focused analysts, that is not working out very well. When we ask our upper management, who are 800 miles away about compensation for the extra duties we get ignored. Or if they do answer, we get the bogus line about having to be accountable to the shareholders, which is us as well in case they forgot. We are now being micro-managed to death. We have goals to make, but there seems to be no consequences if they are not met. The workload is being transferred to a few employees while the others seemingly do nothing and nothing is done about it. Our manager is pretty spineless when it comes to dealing with people, so that hurts us too. We used to have time to work on cases and help clients, and now all we do is answer call after call with no time to get things fixed sometimes. Tell me how that is good customer service?

I know this will probably get the usual canned "Fiserv cares" response from the marketing department, who in fact writes their own positive reviews to make it seem everything is rainbows and puppy's. Save it for someone else.

Fiserv Response

May 31, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

This is not a review that we enjoy reading. Extreme situations like this call for immediate action. You are encouraged to raise these concerns through traditional channels like local HR or your... More

Showing 365 of 2,057 reviews