Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance in the office (in 228 reviews)

• Depending on your job function work from home multiple days a week is acceptable (in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • difficult work/life balance, no bonus for employees (in 64 reviews)

• Upper management that does not care about employees or quality of work (in 69 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Getting better all the time"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fiserv's management cares. I mean - really cares. About employees as people, about the work and takes pride in it, about its customers and its ability to service them in a forward thinking, competitive way. Do they get everything right every time? No, but who does. Salaries are competitive, promotion avenues are plentiful and exercised regularly, career paths have multiple growth opportunities, and many positions come with bonus earning potential. Standards are flexible and logical, and largely adhered to. Input is freely asked for and accepted from the workforce to management, and historical tribally accepted directions are questioned for validity when appropriate. Work from home opportunities abound, both partial and full-time at every level. And people are generally nice, hard working, and desiring to get the job done. Fiserv stock options available within the benefits package as well at discount. Employee appreciation program can be quite lucrative too, offering a gift card based thank you system ranging from $50 to $1,000.

Cons

Medical/dental package - leaves something to be desired, but what large scale employer has a good one with what has happened in that industry the last 5 years? High deductible + HSA is the only one with a somewhat reasonable premium.

Fiserv will take whatever you give it. The careers here are demanding. Maintaining a work/life balance is YOUR responsibility, not Fiserv's.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to keep the reorgs to a minimum so employees can get acclimated to their role and thrive within it. We did well at that this year. Communication from the top down is also getting so much better. Can we find a better medical & dental package though? And please, please, please, let's get rid of Red Brick.

Fiserv Response

Dec 27, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We truly appreciate detailed feedback - your summary and specific insights are valued for their accuracy and transparency! We will make sure this gets shared with the appropriate internal resources... More

2. "Solid company with excellent outlook"

Current Employee - Marketing Content Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Content Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong brand, smart people, good focus on the client, excellent top leadership. (CEO Jeff Yabuki is a visionary.) Flexible work environment. Opportunity for advancement and ability to take part in bringing new ideas to the market.

Cons

Large, matrixed corporation, so there are the issues that come with that.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Work environment"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

No micro management takes place

Cons

Long hours are a bit of a problem

4. "Tons of opportunity - many standard corporate elements"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Consultant

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for people to move up and around. Since the company is always purchasing other companies, there is always new opportunity abound.

Cons

The experience of working for the company varies to a HUGE degree from business unit to business unit. Things like raises are pretty much a standard 3% for everyone. No bonuses if you don't work in the sales organization. I repeat, no bonuses if you don't work in the sales organization. Due to the size of the company, and the amount of products which it offers, mediocrity is abound and in no short supply.

Advice to Management

Don't accept mediocrity

5. "Serve with Fiserv Job Search Workshop"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

This was a fantastic event hosted at Fiserv with Steve Amsden (Co-Founder for HirePurpose). This workshop focused on introducing Veterans to Fiserv hiring managers, their talent acquisition team, HirePurpose and how they work together to help Veterans transition form the military to corporate America.

Cons

Many companies talk about hiring Veterans, however Fiserv is actively working with companies like HirePurpose to find the valuable Veteran talent and enable them to find careers with Fiserv.

Advice to Management

Julia Levy and the rest of the Fiserv team who put this event together and worked the event showed me how they truly value our Veterans. Several Fiserv managers panel members introduced themselves and held a Panel Discussion with a valuable Q&A session that helped answer valuable questions that the Veterans attending had. I believe this event was a huge success and helped the Veterans in the Atlanta area learn more about how to navigate the process of gaining employment as a civilian.

"Dedicated to their employees well being, but not dedicated enough to career advancement."

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401(k) match (3% of salary matched after you contribute 6%)
    Incentives to encourage healthy living to keep the cost of health insurance low, and it has worked as insurance premiums go up much less per year than the market. Meet certain health requirements to receive a deduction on your health insurance.
    $400 HSA Contribution by company is automatic if you are enrolled in an eligible plan. ($800 total if your spouse is covered under plan)
    Depending on your job function work from home multiple days a week is acceptable.

Cons

Little to no incentive to branch outside of your job function. Don't step out of your lane.
    Slow to respond to change.
    For a tech firm the technology the employees get and training to accompany that tech is crap. Most employees can't even properly use Skype For Business.

Advice to Management

Give employees the support they need to explore other areas of the company. The newest group of workers entering the work force do not want to sit at their desk and do the same job for 10+ years. Employee retention will suffer if employees are not actively increasing their skills (via new positions) and reinvesting it in the company.

Invest some money in your own industry. Tech firms who don't invest in tech themselves won't last long.

7. "Great first experience"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Amherst, NY
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Amherst, NY

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Working here I felt supported every step along the way from both management and coworkers. There’s a great sense of community and I met some really amazing people. Training was really great and there was always resources available whenever you needed help.

Cons

I really didn’t have any cons, it was a great experience and I was very sad when my time there was over.

8. "Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Great Products, Great Location

Cons

The are not a whole lot of things wrong with this place

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing and increasing the share price

9. "Great People, Great Company"

Former Intern - Windows Systems Administrator in Johns Creek, GA
    Former Intern - Windows Systems Administrator in Johns Creek, GA

I worked at Fiserv as an intern

Pros

Everybody was nice, considerate and helpful. Laid back culture which helped with alleging the stress.

Cons

Ambiguous Internship program. Nothing was planned, it was more like a figure it out as you go.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but try to improve the internship program

10. "Don't be fooled. Great place to work!"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Excellent work / life balance. C-level management really cares about the employees and are very visible and accessible to all employees of the company. If you are willing to work hard and put client needs ahead of your own then you will be very successful and make a very honest and competitive wage. My 20 year career has put three kids through college (2 private) and I've rarely thought about doing this anywhere else. I've had coworkers who have left for competitors and EVERY ONE of them has said the grass is not greener elsewhere.

Cons

Need a new corporate office. Current facility is dated and we generally do not bring clients to the Brookfield location anymore.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing!

Fiserv Response

Sep 26, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you so much for the kudos! We're thrilled our #FISVProud culture has earned us such a glowing 5 star review. It's associates like you that help us retain the honor of being a FORTUNE Most... More

Showing 239 of 2,193 reviews