Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

1,818 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,818 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a challenge (in 53 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't work closely with associates to better understand roles" (in 64 reviews)

1. "800-lb Gorilla"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse products and services base, large company resources.

Cons

Lack of senior management leadership; very slow to make crucial investment decisions; minimal investment in comparison to competitors. Despite claims to the contrary, failure to make decisions based on successful business drivers as opposed to focus on short-term profitability.

Advice to Management

Obtain senior management with knowledge of industry and business lines, instead of generic or bureaucratic annual shufflers of priorities.

2. "dba"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good balance of work and life

Cons

hard to build up skill

3. "Easy but good job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Fiserv (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice, job was easy most of the time, call center customer service is just what I thought it would be.

Cons

Training was a week long and we spent almost the entire time working on only a couple things and most of the calls I receive are about other things and I've just taught myself as I went along, also disappointed when I was hired through Randstad I was told it was a longer contract and would be temporary to permanent after a couple months and I come to find out the position is only contracted for 3 weeks long.

Oct 31, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for sharing your experience! We appreciate and value feedback from all members of the Fiserv associate network and have shared this with the appropriate team members as we strive to improve.

"Good pay, unstable environment"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Hours and vacation time better than most.

Cons

Office politics, many layoffs of long term workers, have become too corporate and taken away fun work environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees suggestions, keep up with competition, go back to old small feel family company. Too corporate. Stop the layoffs.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dedicated knowledgeable employees. Work From Home options. 401k.

Cons

Upper management makes decisions without consulting those impacted. Management doesn't encourage promoting within. Managers do not communicate to each other or with employees well. Company's 'wellness' initiatives cannot be followed due to workload and company re-uses same resources instead of having dedicated resources across product lines; impacting deliverables.

"All talk, no action."

Former Employee - Client Technical Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Technical Associate in Portland, OR

Pros

Excellent co workers, good facility, free parking.

Cons

The absolute WORST benefits. You may as well go through private insurance. For an employer who claims to care about it's employees, the benefits prove otherwise. All plans are high deductible and if you have ANY health issues, that is not good. People are over worked, over stressed and extremely micromanaged in card services. The pay is average for the industry, but considering the stress and benefits - completely not worth it. Management constantly breathes down your neck, and there is little communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Let people do their job! The majority of employees are smart, and hardworking and good people. They need a better work/life balance. Perhaps if you quit catering bagels and pastries EVERY week, we could have better health insurance. More transparency with vp's and human resources.

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

An overall lack of direction

Oct 26, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for sharing a positive review! We're excited that the culture we foster brings people to our workplace that you enjoy collaborating with. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to improve ... More

9. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team Aspect
    The Team Aspect rolls up. As each person is doing their job to meet their individual goals they know that they are contributing to the goals of their team through their direct supervisor, which rolls to their manager, which in turn rolls to our location. Hickory Pride!!!!

Cons

I don't have any Cons to share. If we keep the team aspect and continue to strongly support those agents that are not on our direct teams we will always have a great sense of Hickory Pride and continue to feel like each day we are working at a Great Place!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be the Best! Keep making the necessary changes for improvement. Continue to value each employee, building on their strengths keep Hickory strong!!!

Oct 26, 2016 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We are thrilled that you're #FISVProud to contribute to the team spirit in Hickory! We appreciate your dedication to our customers and our business.

"Too big, too fast"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

if you live in the midwest, you could be in luck - they seem to want to grow the business there. They certainly don't want to pay east coast salaries.

Cons

Fiserv is comprised of many many smaller companies - trying to integrate all systems into one streamline process has proven more than difficult. Communication throughout the company is weak at best. You never really felt like a valued member of the team. They did however, offer an ok severance package.

Advice to Management

concentrate on better communication throughout the organization.

11. "Sr Sales Director"

Former Employee - Senior Sales & Relationship Development Executive in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Fiserv (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and business model. Well positioned in their space and simply a great place to work

Cons

I really can't find any cons about the firm.

Showing 1,818 of 1,874 reviews