Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,072 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • difficult work/life balance, no bonus for employees (in 63 reviews)

• Upper management that does not care about employees or quality of work (in 70 reviews)

"Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Amherst, NY

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The associates are (were) dedicated and hard working. They always thought I of the client first, which it should be! The associates I managed were always motivated and proud of their tasks and responsibilities.

Cons

Unfortunately the Fiserv Amherst facility lost their secret sauce. Why did this happen? The qualified management and associates got pushed out by being overworked (70 + hr work weeks) for years was too much. Upper management pushed and pushed until there was nothing more to give.

Advice to Management

I would advise Fiserv corporate to come to Amherst and review why the tenured and knowledgeable associates and managers left. I be honest more and more people are leaving. The company is starting to be ran by to associates The clients are angry because of the noticeable incompetence of the upper management and HR whom won't even talk to people. They both stay in their office and expect everything to be ignored. They have pushed the associates to rate high on the associate engagement I am very disappointed on how the company pushed me out. Although the grass is greener

"Good and Bad"

Former Employee - Customer Solutions in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions in Hickory, NC

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule, good coworkers, free coffee and soda, good benefits, benefits start day one.

Cons

Management does not listen, toxic environment, very clique-y, difficult to move forward if you are not best friends with certain people.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Some people actually want to move forward and learn new skills but if you are not going to let them, they will leave.

"Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the benefits package is okay considering your working in an awful place like this one.

Cons

It'll be one of the worst positions you will ever have, especially in card services, the turnover rate is incredible because the vast majority of people despise working there. Managment is not effective, they do ridiculous things such as constant meetings with each other, and moving people's desks instead of things like actually leading.

The bonus structure is a joke, it's literally designed to ensure that you do not receive it, for starters surveys can be taken by an angry customer and just like that you cannot bonus for the month, their dispute process for it is also a joke, they do not actually dispute it.

I do not even know how to continue further, I would need a book to get into more in-depth analysis of how awful this place truly is.

Advice to Management

You can start by taking your jobs more serious, I have seen supervisors in the break room playing ping pong while the call center needed a supervisor for an escalation.

4. "Project Lead"

Former Employee - Project Lead in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company in a great industry serving the software and service needs of Financial Institutions. They have brought together some very intelligent individuals and meld them into a team focused on solving issues.

Cons

Too much dependence on Development Managers to make key decisions when the Business Managers and Analysts are providing client feedback. Don't tell us what the Technology can't do, find a solution to the customers requirements.

Advice to Management

Quit listening to uninformed Development Managers to drive your product direction - and the off shore managers and developers are great at managing developers and writing code, not at making business decisions that affect the customers.

Sep 26, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the kudos! We appreciate your detailed advice around Development Managers, which is a subject where we are striving to achieve continuous improvement.

5. "Good Company poor managment"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits market knowledge and presence

Cons

to many different BU seems to always get into the way of helping customers and employees

Sep 26, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Our goal is to operate according to our values, the first of which is that we are One Fiserv. We have embarked on a multi-year journey of continuous consolidation to reach our goal of being a unified... More

6. "Good Experience"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my colleagues and working with the customers

Cons

The customer focus was not as good as it could have been

Sep 26, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Our first priority is always our customers and clients. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we will take this into account as we continue on our journey of delighting our customers with... More

7. "Struggling to drink the Kool-Aid"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My immediate team and manager are wonderful. Everyone is positive and we have lots of camaraderie. Paid time off is very nice.

Cons

Fiserv is fragmented. Upper management is clueless as they chant One Fiserv meanwhile they spam employees with emails to push the “most Admired Company” propaganda. Employees in the mean time know that the stock price is more important than the work force , product functionality and even our clients. Clients stay frustrated as they watch Fiserv employees, under staffed and overworked argue amongst themselves to figure out how to resolve an issue. Clients constantly question how Fiserv, as a technology company is not current with today’s technology.

In the spirit of increasing our stock price, Fiserv has turned our health insurance into a joke. Our deductibles are unreachable unless you have a major health event or a nervous break down. A nervous break down is very possible as employees quit and the company drags their feet to find a replacement. This hunt can take months.

Advice to Management

Look within.

"No longer a place I can recommend"

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When I left, none I can think of to list. 10 years ago? A TON! Systematically destroyed a good thing, all in the pursuit of saving a few dollars.

Cons

After almost 15 years, went from a great place to work to a joke. All about making sure the stock prices continue to go up and stopped caring about the people doing the work everyday.

Advice to Management

Remember the "little people" that you need to do the work on a daily basis. Get back to appreciating your employees so they want to do their best for the company.

"Too much process"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Lots of good people if you look hard enough.

Cons

Everything mired in layers upon layers of bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees

10. "Great place to work when under the right management."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always something new to learn, kept job interesting. Good benefits. Improved work-life balance and job flexibility. Environment comfortable & clean.

Cons

Too much outsourcing. Changes promised never happened . Hours were quite often required in middle of night. 401k could be better.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees.

Showing 2,072 of 2,133 reviews