Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

1,822 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,822 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a challenge (in 53 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't work closely with associates to better understand roles" (in 64 reviews)

1. "Large company, good benefits, still sorting out its many business units"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The leadership at the top is good and the employee retention is also good. They sway a bit back and forth on the importance of quality from year to year. Somewhat siloed and bureaucratic now, the old days were a bit easier to get things done.

Cons

Because people stay, there is not much opportunity to move up within your silo and instead you have to look for horizontal move.

Advice to Management

More managerial training. Clearer goals for attaining bonuses.

2. "Best Career Decision I've Made!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first interaction with Fiserv was through a corporate recruiter, Robbie Brock, and I must say that I was immediately impressed! While I was not currently looking for new employment, my profile came up in a LinkedIn search and am I ever happy that he located me!
    The whole interview experience was very professional and enjoyable. Never was I "in the dark" and always aware of what my status was. All Fiserv associates that I came into contact with were extremely positive which continued to build my excitement for joining the company.
    I have been with Fiserv now for 6 months and each day I find myself continuing to learn and be challenged. 6 months ago I was unaware how "stale" my professional career had become but now I find myself excited to come in and take on the day as I know I will be assisting my team and clients with the best service and technology available!

Cons

No cons with working here at Fiserv thus far

Advice to Management

Continue placing value and importance on your internal resources and you will continue to see great results!

Mar 1, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the Kudos! It's associates like Robbie and team that set the stage for your experience working for a FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Company! We hope you continue to stay #FISVProud ... More

3. "support"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

fun people to work with

Cons

they don't pay there workers well

"Excellent, Growing Company with Vibrant Culture"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Fiserv is growing and exciting. The CEO is working hard to create a more Google-Style atmosphere in what was a traditionally stiff and uncomfortable industry.

Cons

Their onboarding and continued education was very lacking. Finding information about internal processes or technical details about products and services was a chore. You will have to work hard to do your own research.

6. "Tech Service Provider"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Lots of locations around the US

Cons

Very slow to adopt new tech

Advice to Management

Be a tech company.

Mar 13, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for your feedback regarding our goal to unite as One Fiserv via a strong technology stack. We value your and all associates’ opinions as we strive to continuously improve as a FORTUNE™ Most ... More

7. "Overworked and small raises"

Current Employee - "Staff" in New York, NY
    Current Employee - "Staff" in New York, NY

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy going department

Cons

Typical big business mentality, employees are disposable and often outsourced to India. Work you 5 weeks straight with no days off during the summer, then nothing to do during winter months. I probably had 4 weekends off the whole summer of 2016, missed family time.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees better, the rewards program is a joke.. Quit saying "At least you have a job" and give competitive raises, not this 1-2%. Give bonuses again.

Career opportunities used to be pretty good but now 80% of the job postings are for India employees.

8. "Only good for building a Resume, Not making good money…."

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedules, and plenty of vacation days 144 for new employees. Great place to come in with no experience and get trained in many platforms to build a great resume, BUT only to end going to a different company. If your in to getting titles like Team Lead, Trainer, or Supervisor that good at giving you these opportunities as long as you don't expect the monetary reward you should get for those positions.

Cons

No Overtime, low starting salaries compared to other companies, little to no pay raises, overly micro-managed, Management and leadership do not communicate with each other clearly nor with the reps on floor but will hold you accountable for every little thing. Despite saying they have a bonus, they will do anything and everything they can to make sure you do not hit it. For example: Your stats can be better than they require BUT If on a customer survey, the customer says. "YOU" did well but the companies system was out dated and as a result they scored the survey low based upon companies products, the company knowing that it had nothing to do with you, will still hold you accountable, and you would lose about 75% of your bonus, if not all due to the lack of quality of there products and services hey provide. That really happened to me and some other reps I know that work there.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees! I have worked there for 7 years and have only recieved one pay raise all in the 7 years of service I have given to the company. If your going to say you have a bonus stop trying to find every way you can to cheat hard working people out of there bonus's each month. Last but not least stop treating your employees

Mar 8, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Fiserv is committed to being an excellent place to work by listening to feedback from our associates. We appreciate your sharing your experience regarding our compensation structure, which has been ... More

9. "Great company for entry level positions"

Former Employee - Customer Solutions
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions

I worked at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full training program, soda machine, cafe, generous PTO for an entry level position, fun environment with fun lots of events.

Cons

Pay is ok, management can sometimes be disorganized, can have high call volume. Nothing major that you won't find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

New hire onboarding can be confusing and stressful when you don't have a direct supervisor. Great environment, just more structure needed.

Feb 23, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the kudos! We'll take your feedback and share it with the right internal resources so we can always be improving.

10. "Best place I've ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Cash Management Associate in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Cash Management Associate in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management and VP are all great people. Easy to talk to. They all keep you in the loop with what's going on in the company. If there's any changes the VP will personally hold a town hall for all the associates.

Cons

The pay could be higher. Bring back all the paid holidays off. It went from 8 to 6. Get an ATM on location.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Great company and great people working here!

Feb 23, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for the kudos! We're thrilled that associates like you have helped us become a FORTUNE Most Admired Company 4 years in a row! Stay #FISVProud!

"Safe company in FinTech but lacking for career growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Stable industry in fintech, even though some of the technology are old school due to the slow path to upgrades for banking clients. Not much innovation happening from within, but rather through acquisitions. Depending on team and management, flexible working hours, and ability to work remotely. Coworkers are generally nice. State of the art campus in Alpharetta, GA.

Cons

Slow to change. Hard to get anything done because of other business unit dependencies, which can sometime feel like competitors even though you're supposed to be one company. A feeling of division because of legacy culture and companies that Fiserv has purchased. Regular, unannounced job cuts in the U.S. so they can hit the numbers while jobs overseas are growing. A culture of playing it safe and covering your behind so that you won't be blamed if things don't go right. Lack of career development and unclear growth path.

Advice to Management

Value your talent and encourage growth from within. Stop hiring McKinsey for everything and learn to trust your people. Currently not a good place to grow one's career because middle management is so focused on hitting their numbers and won't encourage any kind of risk to innovate. Being orange doesn't make you special.

Feb 28, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We appreciate the thorough and detailed review. One of our five values is to deliver on the promise of one Fiserv and we appreciate you being aware of our efforts during a multi-year transition ... More

Showing 1,822 of 1,878 reviews