Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017
1,910 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,910 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Very proactive in creating a positive work/life balance (in 197 reviews)

• Ability to work from home for a Fortune 500 company (in 86 reviews)

Cons
  • difficult work/life balance, no bonus for employees (in 60 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't work closely with associates to better understand roles" (in 66 reviews)

"Overworked and small raises"

Current Employee - "Staff" in New York, NY
    Current Employee - "Staff" in New York, NY

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy going department

Cons

Typical big business mentality, employees are disposable and often outsourced to India. Work you 5 weeks straight with no days off during the summer, then nothing to do during winter months. I probably had 4 weekends off the whole summer of 2016, missed family time.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees better, the rewards program is a joke.. Quit saying "At least you have a job" and give competitive raises, not this 1-2%. Give bonuses again.

Career opportunities used to be pretty good but now 80% of the job postings are for India employees.

"Safe company in FinTech but lacking for career growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Stable industry in fintech, even though some of the technology are old school due to the slow path to upgrades for banking clients. Not much innovation happening from within, but rather through acquisitions. Depending on team and management, flexible working hours, and ability to work remotely. Coworkers are generally nice. State of the art campus in Alpharetta, GA.

Cons

Slow to change. Hard to get anything done because of other business unit dependencies, which can sometime feel like competitors even though you're supposed to be one company. A feeling of division because of legacy culture and companies that Fiserv has purchased. Regular, unannounced job cuts in the U.S. so they can hit the numbers while jobs overseas are growing. A culture of playing it safe and covering your behind so that you won't be blamed if things don't go right. Lack of career development and unclear growth path.

Advice to Management

Value your talent and encourage growth from within. Stop hiring McKinsey for everything and learn to trust your people. Currently not a good place to grow one's career because middle management is so focused on hitting their numbers and won't encourage any kind of risk to innovate. Being orange doesn't make you special.

Feb 28, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We appreciate the thorough and detailed review. One of our five values is to deliver on the promise of one Fiserv and we appreciate you being aware of our efforts during a multi-year transition ... More

3. "Best place I've ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Cash Management Associate in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Cash Management Associate in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management and VP are all great people. Easy to talk to. They all keep you in the loop with what's going on in the company. If there's any changes the VP will personally hold a town hall for all the associates.

Cons

The pay could be higher. Bring back all the paid holidays off. It went from 8 to 6. Get an ATM on location.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Great company and great people working here!

Feb 23, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for the kudos! We're thrilled that associates like you have helped us become a FORTUNE Most Admired Company 4 years in a row! Stay #FISVProud!

"You get sick & they say your fired."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly. When an issue does arrive people are willing to help resolve the issue as fast as possible. Love my job hate the fact you are expected to be at work every single day especially when your so sick you cant hold your head up.

Cons

If your truly sick you can forget calling out and trying to recover so you be your best once your well enough to go back to work. They don't care about anybody except their self. I was diagnosed with Flu, bronchitis, sinusitis and ear infection. Because of there stupid point system if you call out then be prepared for a discussion once you return. They dont allow any sick days there your expected to work your butt off for a company who wont allow you to get well

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to provide actual sick days to employees. If your truly sick like i currently am..you shouldn't be made to come into work. You would think yall would want your employees and their coworkers to be well enough to serve customers with great customer experience. How can you give great customer experience when you can hardly hold your head up?

6. "Way to go Fiserv"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great CEO - full offering - great benefits - truly a great place to work.

Cons

Trying to become one Fiserv

Advice to Management

Continue one Fiserv - investment in people and a forward thinking on financial services.

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We are thrilled and humbled your experience has been so rewarding, especially as journey together towards One Fiserv. On behalf of all Fiserv associates, we thank you for your dedication to our ... More

"Thought it was good, but not"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your fellow coworkers are awesome. The technology is latest. There's a process established in place. There are so many events organized!!

Cons

The company shows profit only by layoffs! They let go if the employee gets paid more than his coworkers even if he has proved himself to be smarter than the rest!

Advice to Management

Stop pretending like you care for the employees! Either you care or stop pretending!

8. "Product Marketing Director"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Financially strong, growth oriented company with an exciting work environment. A great variety of solutions and the ability to move across different business units ensures employees always have options.

Cons

For senior roles, Fiserv tends to hire from outside vs promote talent within the company.

Advice to Management

Create a mentor program to nurture and groom internal talent and promote from within more often. You lose good people when you only fill senior positions externally.

"Ok Place to work"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, pay is pretty good

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to advance

Feb 3, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you so much for your ongoing efforts in Lincoln. This key site is critical for the success of our business. It’s associates like you that make us a FORTUNE ™ Best Place to Work. We appreciate ... More

"Excited at first, but now ready to go..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of amenities at the Alpharetta campus, to name a few:

Full service dining provided by Sodexo. Self-service "cafe" also serves Starbucks coffee.
    This is a cash-free campus, food/beverages purchases can be made your credit/debit card or a reloadable Fiserv orange card.
    Although the workspace is open, there are small "phone rooms" for more privacy.
    24-hour accessible gym for associates that is free or reduced costs, depending on how often you visit in a month.
    Onsite Bank of America ATM
    Dry cleaning and car wash services, for a fee.
    On-site wellness centre
    Several A/V meeting rooms
    Within walking distance to Starbucks and close to several restaurants along Windward Pkwy.

Cons

I was really excited to start working here however, after a management transition and seeing how some products are implemented, I am ready to make a move out of here.
    I would look for other opportunities within the company, but on the inside, a manager has some say regarding releasability.

It is 2017 and most computers are running MS Office 2010.
    For this to be a financial technology company, that is depressing. Although some are now on Office 2013.

Too many VPs

Don't surf too much on your work PC, several employees have been terminated to due "malware". You are not allowed to install software like CCleaner, etc...

Bonuses for Directors and above.

If Fortune recognizes Fiserv as a "World's Most Admired" company for 2017, I would be surprised.

Meeting rooms do not support DisplayPort, only HDMI or VGA.

I could go on, but all companies have their promotors and dissenters. Find a position that works for you and if you have a good manager, great!

Advice to Management

Just because an enterprise architect says so, it is not gospel!

Feb 9, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thank you for providing such comprehensive feedback. As much as we love to hear the kudos about our flagship Alpharetta, GA campus, we also appreciate your candid and complete feedback. We strive to ... More

"public relations"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice location, good salaries, vacation time not so bad.

Cons

Some terrible managers who micromanage their employees. Work from home is not available for everyone. Management not very fair about this.

Advice to Management

Get a plan for how to run your company and do it. All your good people are leaving.

Feb 10, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Fiserv is committed to being an excellent place to work by listening to feedback from our associates. We appreciate your sharing your experience regarding these local management practices, which has ... More

Showing 1,910 of 1,968 reviews