Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,169 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to maintain work life balance to PS resources (in 68 reviews)

• Promoting people to positions that they have no business being in, forcing good people out because of upper management (in 70 reviews)

1. "Tons of opportunity - many standard corporate elements"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Consultant

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for people to move up and around. Since the company is always purchasing other companies, there is always new opportunity abound.

Cons

The experience of working for the company varies to a HUGE degree from business unit to business unit. Things like raises are pretty much a standard 3% for everyone. No bonuses if you don't work in the sales organization. I repeat, no bonuses if you don't work in the sales organization. Due to the size of the company, and the amount of products which it offers, mediocrity is abound and in no short supply.

Advice to Management

Don't accept mediocrity

Fiserv Response

Dec 12, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We appreciate both the positive review and the constructive feedback. We believe it's important to continuously improve to provide an outstanding experience for our associates.

"Unscrupulous Corporation Taking Advantage of Employees"

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- on-site gym
    - people are friendly but you can find that at other jobs

Cons

- Unreasonable weekend and night work after pulling a full 8 hour day/40 hour week. Expectation is 50+ hours - HR says no one does over 40
    - Managers work unreasonable hours and do not set a good example in work life balance for those who work under them
    - HR lied during interview process with amount of required hours
    - Extensive, long, background check
    - Drug Testing
    - Really Shoddy Computers - Unable to produce work required on them
    - Not given tools to complete necessary tasks but expected to complete them
    - Had to use own equipment to complete the job
    - The kool aid is intense and it's orange, way overdone with the corporate pride
    - Bloated red tape and policies means nothing gets done in a reasonable time
    - CEO is non-existent at non-HQ locale
    - HSA is a bad plan and expensive
    - Stock Option is After Tax
    -PTO is use it or lose it (if you can take it)

Advice to Management

None. This comes from way above. People are just a resource to burn through. But I would hire shift workers and stop expecting daytime employees to pull ridiculous night shifts weekly.

3. "Serve with Fiserv Job Search Workshop"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

This was a fantastic event hosted at Fiserv with Steve Amsden (Co-Founder for HirePurpose). This workshop focused on introducing Veterans to Fiserv hiring managers, their talent acquisition team, HirePurpose and how they work together to help Veterans transition form the military to corporate America.

Cons

Many companies talk about hiring Veterans, however Fiserv is actively working with companies like HirePurpose to find the valuable Veteran talent and enable them to find careers with Fiserv.

Advice to Management

Julia Levy and the rest of the Fiserv team who put this event together and worked the event showed me how they truly value our Veterans. Several Fiserv managers panel members introduced themselves and held a Panel Discussion with a valuable Q&A session that helped answer valuable questions that the Veterans attending had. I believe this event was a huge success and helped the Veterans in the Atlanta area learn more about how to navigate the process of gaining employment as a civilian.

Fiserv Response

Dec 12, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Wow, we're so thrilled to hear this event struck such a chord with you! We are #FISVProud to be an employer of choice for transitioning Veterans and their families.

"Fair company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Flexible work location
    Decent salary and paid time off

Cons

Tough to navigate potential opportunities for talent expansion
    Have to work hard to self promote

Advice to Management

Quit overcommitting to clients. Invest in your employees. Truly show a progression path for associates.

"Dedicated to their employees well being, but not dedicated enough to career advancement."

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401(k) match (3% of salary matched after you contribute 6%)
    Incentives to encourage healthy living to keep the cost of health insurance low, and it has worked as insurance premiums go up much less per year than the market. Meet certain health requirements to receive a deduction on your health insurance.
    $400 HSA Contribution by company is automatic if you are enrolled in an eligible plan. ($800 total if your spouse is covered under plan)
    Depending on your job function work from home multiple days a week is acceptable.

Cons

Little to no incentive to branch outside of your job function. Don't step out of your lane.
    Slow to respond to change.
    For a tech firm the technology the employees get and training to accompany that tech is crap. Most employees can't even properly use Skype For Business.

Advice to Management

Give employees the support they need to explore other areas of the company. The newest group of workers entering the work force do not want to sit at their desk and do the same job for 10+ years. Employee retention will suffer if employees are not actively increasing their skills (via new positions) and reinvesting it in the company.

Invest some money in your own industry. Tech firms who don't invest in tech themselves won't last long.

6. "good place"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Good place in Financial domain

Cons

Health benefits are not great

7. "Support"

Current Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Managers and executives are engaging and knowledgeable. You will have the opportunity to work with the best in the business.

Cons

The benefits are extremely expensive.

"Cash Management Rep"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back culture, nice people and good managers

Cons

They over work you

Advice to Management

Treat your people right, and you will be successful

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building
    work from home policy, but no balance
    free coffee.
    Great cafeteria's
    Great subordinate and highly skilled teammates
    Company webpage nice!

Cons

Management (Director and above) is the worst I seen in 26 years of IT consultation.
    - Leadership and associate reorgs every month for my 12 months of service. The is NO consistency in your reporting officials or careerpath.
    - A director said at a meeting "if you tick people off they will sabotage your projects and you will not receive any support. Don't ask to many "intelligent questions" it will be viewed as an unsatisfactory attitude.
    -.Projects are hidden when "red" from reporting to Executives this can take place for months. This org has many projects in this "red" status and they are given with dire consequences if you don't finish any tasks on time. Constant reshuffling/rescheduling of project priorities causing significant delays to delivery dates.
    -. Results driven without any regards of backlash to its employees and consultants. Solutions consultations are always 60% rushed and inaccurate causing many disagreements between BUs and Technical teams. Many, many, many long conference calls and debates on "how my group operates and "you" must follow our "process". Firewall changes break everything before "Go-Live" events causing many delays in launching new and legacy applications.
    -. If they don't have any reason to let you go they will make one up methodically.
    -. They use their heavy process management to verbally abuse, mistreat, and manipulate their employees. Some employees are physically tired , drained and seeking other employment opportunities. Constant backstabbing and cutthroat environment. A director threaten their team on an org survey one time stating we will track you if you say anything negative about me or their management.
    -. Pay and medical benefits is dismal. If you are a Senior level employee they want to bring you in at junior level pay.
    I do not recommend this company to anyone! While you are there don't lose your sanity find other employment opportunities while you can!

Advice to Management

Be fair and consistent with all employees! Track your organizational leadership before it's to late!

"Sr Software Architect"

Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Target rich environment for process improvement.

Cons

Management doesn't understand the importance of using technology correctly.

Advice to Management

Catch-up with the advances in technology that keeps our customers happy.

Showing 2,169 of 2,236 reviews