Fiserv Senior Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • difficult work/life balance, no bonus for employees (in 63 reviews)

• Upper management that does not care about employees or quality of work (in 69 reviews)

1. "Best Career Decision I've Made!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first interaction with Fiserv was through a corporate recruiter, Robbie Brock, and I must say that I was immediately impressed! While I was not currently looking for new employment, my profile came up in a LinkedIn search and am I ever happy that he located me!
    The whole interview experience was very professional and enjoyable. Never was I "in the dark" and always aware of what my status was. All Fiserv associates that I came into contact with were extremely positive which continued to build my excitement for joining the company.
    I have been with Fiserv now for 6 months and each day I find myself continuing to learn and be challenged. 6 months ago I was unaware how "stale" my professional career had become but now I find myself excited to come in and take on the day as I know I will be assisting my team and clients with the best service and technology available!

Cons

No cons with working here at Fiserv thus far

Advice to Management

Continue placing value and importance on your internal resources and you will continue to see great results!

Fiserv Response

Mar 1, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

Thanks for the Kudos! It's associates like Robbie and team that set the stage for your experience working for a FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Company! We hope you continue to stay #FISVProud... More

"Longevity"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fairly progressive culture, very diverse. Lots of opportunity and working remote is encouraged when possible. A more mature work force but still vibrant with creativity

Cons

Fiserv sets very high financial performance standards and has missed them recently. Money is tight but work is plentiful. This makes an increasingly stressful environment.

Advice to Management

Don't write checks your employee base can't cash.

Fiserv Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruitment Manager: Social Media & Candidate Experience

We're excited to reiterate that not only are we actively hunting for the best talent in the industry, but we're proud to train and grow the talent that exists in our own employee base. We set a very... More

"Product Manager, Sr"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, flex schedule, opportunity for advancement. I would and have recommended this company to friends and family. One of the best decisions I have made professionally.

Cons

They are working on transparency into decision making process. As one would expect with a large organization, it takes a fair amount of time and effort to pivot direction.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You would work from home sometimes, hours sometimes flexible, commute was short, exposure to finance, payment processing and payroll environment and the health care benefits were excellent.

Cons

The staff treated like cattle. Direct managers are completely clueless on the actual work and functions their employees perform on a daily basis. No cooperation among co-workers. The work load per project manager was too much for the average person and time required to complete work load exceeded 60+ hours per week.

Advice to Management

Find new leaders that actually care about the company, understands what front line staff actually needs to be successful, and set up proper training programs from an actually trainer instead of depending old timers and old employees that do not share information with new employees to reduce constant turnover.

"Unstructured environment"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Products are based on some interesting technology.
    Most associates are good to work with.
    Keep the company revenues growing.

Cons

Reorganizations happen often and little explanation of why is provided.
    There isn't any type of 360 degree review to provide feedback on management types that are bullies.
    Company is run by an accountant - not an IT visionary.

"Good People, Challenging work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Fiserv (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good folks at this company trying to do the right thing. While training is scare, you can always find someone with the expertise to help.

Cons

Management needs more structure. Process and change are not documented well.

"Committed employees"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive work place environment. Working from home was permitted, which was great. Great exposure to cutting edge technology.
    - The majority of workers I met were highly skilled.

Cons

Work life balance could be improved. There is a LOT of politics going around.
    - The company has too many layers of management.
    - Internal documentation is not of good quality

Advice to Management

Opaque management. Recognize people that work hard.

"Lack of collaboration"

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to address challenges the company is facing

Cons

Employees are looking out for themselves and not as interested in the overall success of the team or company. I experienced specific situations where colleagues explicitly lied (with witnesses) about who was responsible for less than desirable results (they were) but said it was me instead. The senior leader was smart enough to know that it wasn't possible given our responsibilities but it points to the back-stabbing, self-promoting culture.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees are evaluated and rewarded for team, division, and company results in addition to individual performance. The self-serving nature of employee actions was witnessed at ALL levels of the organization.

9. "Constant change in focus and direction, multiple disconnected business units"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good technology, mostly good people and good products

Cons

Fiserv is a holding company for multiple siloed divisions that are neither linked nor communicate with each other. The company seems to change constantly in an attempt to reinvent itself. When the going gets a little tough they have layoffs cutting good talent in one division while multiple same/similar opening in another division. The benefits are also poor for the company's size.

Advice to Management

Become a single integrated company especially as applies to technology and HR

"You need to belong to the click to move up"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The check was paid on time

Cons

The management team lacks experience. They promote their friends and lovers to positions they are not qualified for. Their lack of experience shows in the treatment of their employees.

Advice to Management

VPs should have 15-20 plus years of SOLID experience to hold that title...and the experience should be earned standing up and doing the job, not laying down. Stop mistreating qualified employees and making them work 60 hr plus weeks, because the unqualified friends you hired cannot do the job.