Cover image for Fishbowl Marketing

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I've met some great people and some not so great.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Great culture(in 10 reviews)
  • "free bagels on Friday).(in 8 reviews)
  • "Beautiful office(in 6 reviews)
  • "Best Coworkers that I've had the pleasure of dealing with(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting place to be - a company with eyes on the future.

Nov 11, 2020 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vision, energy, dedication of leadership and team. Internal growth and transformation positioning company for success in a changing environment.

Cons

Hard work, fast pace - not a downside if you thrive in that environment.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor

Apr 19, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product for restaurants to use

Cons

No marketing practices followed at all

3. Join the Fishbowl Marketing team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Aug 4, 2021 - Marketing Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

good location, clients and people

Cons

little time off and low pay

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Horrible Experience

Mar 22, 2021 - Director in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership has completely overturned several times over the years. New leadership now will be different from prior leadership.

Cons

It was a terrible experience. The leadership now is new and may be better.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed working for Fishbowl, Great Team Members

Oct 13, 2020 - Senior Executive Assistant in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team Members, good benefits

Cons

Too many changes, changed CEO's often.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Meh

Jan 13, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really great people work here!

Cons

There was a lot of uncertainty.

8. 5.0

Great Company with a lot of Momentum

Aug 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fishbowl is an exciting place to work and I have enjoyed the time that I’ve spent here. Almost immediately after starting I had the opportunity to work on interesting and impactful projects and the pace hasn’t stopped since. The executives are strong leaders who are approachable and committed to the success of the organization. My coworkers are intelligent, highly capable and hardworking people, which makes it fun to come to work There has been a lot of change over the last 2 years, and while that may have been challenging for some, I think the course correction was crucial to the company’s success. As the industry evolves, these changes are what will allow FB to remain competitive. The product has seen a major overhaul with significant functionality improvements that will be crucial in order for FB to maintain leadership in the space. The results can be seen in the interest Fishbowl is gaining in the market by increasingly larger customers. Over the last year, they have landed record setting deals and realized significant growth. As the product continues to evolve this will continue to accelerate. Fishbowl is already a leader in restaurant marketing analytics, however the new product improvements will allow them to push into new verticals and continue to grow. I’m very happy with my experience here and excited to be part of a cutting edge company that is innovating and growing rapidly.

Cons

Typical growing pains of an organization that is evolving and implementing a new strategic vision. This should be expected for a company at this stage of its growth and in the end will be worth it.

9. 5.0

Products are taking off

May 10, 2012 - Product Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been so delighted to work for a company who are at the cusp of delivering may new product innovations in the markplace. The roadmap is filled with really interesting things that will change how restaurants handle their marketing efforts. My team in product and development really get things done and work together effectively. As many of you know this is not always the case. There is typically a tension with these groups and somehow Fishbowl has made that tension positive. The people here are caring, welcoming and fun. They seem to always have lots of fun things going on. There was some crazy scavenger hunt not so long ago where the whole company broke into team at the office and put together bikes. Then we rode the bike through the office in a race. I am sure I am not doing this event justice but it was fun and a great team building event. Plus all the bikes were donated to charity. When I first heard about it, I really did not want to go but after I did- I had a blast.

Cons

There is never enough time to get everyhting I want to do done. I have a good work life balance but working in a smaller company I end up wearing many hats.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Average job

Jul 9, 2020 - Senior Social Media Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work allowed, awesome location for headquarters

Cons

Not much room for advancement even if they say there is, low pay for expected hours of work/client requests, low employee retention, work can get stagnant and you can become bored.

11. 4.0

Opportunities Are Here for Those Who Thrive in Fast Paced Environments

May 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability for a flexible work schedule though you'll likely work over 40 hours a week no matter your position. Even with an influx of new people, everyone has a great personality and working towards a common goal. Opportunities exist for those who like to dig and get it done without it being handed to you.

Cons

As mentioned in other reviews, our product is a work in progress. There are a lot of truths in the reviews but I think they are a bit unfair even though I'm one of those "dreaded marketing and sales" individuals that were critiqued. The reality is, we and our competitors are going through the same growing pains right now as we all transition to analytical driven insights for restaurants and retailers. The company had to adapt to the needs of our clients and though it hasn't been smooth sailing, to say the company has lost its way or a shell of itself is irresponsible. Change is hard and unfortunately, most do not like it.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews
</>Embed

Fishbowl Marketing Reviews FAQs

Fishbowl Marketing has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 122 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Fishbowl Marketing to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fishbowl Marketing employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fishbowl Marketing. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

44% of Fishbowl Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fishbowl Marketing 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fishbowl Marketing to be workplace, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, career development, senior leadership.