Fishbowl Marketing Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dev Ganesan
1 Rating

Pros
  • I've met some great people and some not so great (in 8 reviews)

• The compensation and work/life balance is pretty good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • We are experiencing some normal growing pains (in 5 reviews)

• New management team has shaken things up (in 5 reviews)

1. "great compay and great management"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great environment, happy hours, uncapped commission, good senior leadership that encourages open communication and feedback, great balcony for meetings and company functions

Cons

compensation should be reviewed more often

"It makes me sad to see what's become of this place"

Former Employee - Sales in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once upon a time, Fishbowl was an epicenter of great culture, happy people, and excited clients. People worked hard and were genuinely excited to come to the office--it was like hanging out with your closest friends every day and working towards a common goal. Throw in the occasional office party for holidays, a great view, and bagels every Friday, and it was truly an awesome place to build a career.

Cons

I haven't worked at Fishbowl since about a year ago (willingly left when things started to sour). At the time I left, it was evident that the new regime was only invested in a get-rich-quick scheme. They didn't care about any of the people who were there, and immediately let go of a bunch of really strong professionals--many of whom were very accomplished before coming to Fishbowl and will be successful wherever they end up next. Since then, there has been a lot of outsourcing of work to India, and incompetent fat-cats hired to important positions (namely the CTO). If you're thinking about working here, my advice is simple: don't. It will be the worst decision you've ever made.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, the dream is over. Even after all the lay-offs you've made, you have no chance at salvaging any worth of the company and you're months away from letting the company go under. It clearly wasn't the people who were there previously--it's you. You can't be possibly be happy going to work every day to a miserable environment. Break up the company and move on.

"Best Culture and it starts at the TOP"

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Approachable leadership team, awesome products, amazing culture and it's fun to work for Fishbowl.

Cons

That we all can't be together all the time. We don't have the luxury of everyone living in one place but when we do get together it's a big happy family!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

"The rumors are true...It's great!"

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is great. There is a great mix of work and play, with everyone playing their part. The product speaks for itself, so you can be confident and believe in what you are selling. From top to bottom, everyone is dedicated to success and the culture reflects that.

Cons

Growing pains that come with any fairly young company. The same goes for being a tech. company as well, being that software changes over time.

"Friendly, Helpful, Team Focused Environment"

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the staff from the receptionists to the managers to behind the scenes employees since day one have been nothing but extremely helpful and beyond nice and friendly. Very team oriented place and a work hard play harder environment. Tons of fun day in and day out! The view from the balcony isn't too bad either!!! Everyone interacts with each other all day long from helping you out to just simply enjoying some small talk periodically. Anything I have ever needed has been worked out extremely fast and with a good demeanor by all parties involved... I want all my friends to come work here!!!!

Cons

commute can be a bit grueling from time to time but this area has a ton of traffic regardless of where you are coming from.

"Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great culture, management cares about the employees, CEO Scott Shaw is very approachable and down to earth, team happy hours, flip-flop dress code, great views from the huge balcony of DC & National harbor, multiple options for public transportation

Cons

can't really think of any. I've worked for a number of other companies that have been OK to work for, but Fishbowl is head and shoulders above them.

Advice to Management

e-mail platform needs to be updated...very antiquated when compared to competitors

"The grass is not always greener"

Current Employee - Sales in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Fishbowl is full of energy and creativity. I made some friends there and I know that they will be my life long buddies. I joined shortly after I graduated and I did not realize just how much I learned until I left. I really miss it there. I knew I would but I actually appreciate the "Bowl" more than I knew I would and thats saying a lot.

I read some of the comments below and I wonder who those people were because it did not sound like they worked at the same place I did. I was an employee for years and just left. All I can think is that they have not been able to perform well.

Cons

Working remotely can be tough to keep up with all the product changes as new things come up and I had to work a little harder to make sure I had everything I needed.