Fisher Investments Junior Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Junior Associate Reviews

Found 14 reviews

3.9
Damian Ornani

"I look forward coming to work every morning"

Current Employee - Junior Associate in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros

-always have access from management for feedback and coaching -metric-based approach helps personal professional development (measuring stick) -focused on making sure that Fisher is a great place to work for you specifically and will work around your needs and desires as much as possible

Cons

-sometimes management decisions are inconsistently transparent -some resources that are available aren't very well publicized and you have to be somewhat lucky in uncovering them (right place, right time)

Advice to Management

perfection

Fisher Investments2019-03-22
  2. "Good structure"

I worked at Fisher Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good structure and guidance as entry level role into financial services. Good room for growth and opportunity.

Cons

None applicable for this role.

Fisher Investments2019-02-18
    • "Wonderful opportunity to develop yourself professionally"

I worked at Fisher Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros

From my first day I was given any and all the tools that I needed to begin my professional career. Through weekly industry trainings and regular 1:1's with my manager, I always felt that my development was valued by the company and those who supported me

Cons

None. This was one of the most positive employment experiences I have had.

Fisher Investments2019-01-04

"Be prepared to drink the Fisher kool aid."

I worked at Fisher Investments part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Benefits are decent. Pay is alright. Cool fisher gear. Educational. Great place to start.

Cons

An abundance of rude, judgemental, and shallow people. Exponential amount of favoritism. Gossip. Tense work environment. High turnover rate. Work overload. If you aren’t an Investment Counselor or senior management then you are replaceable. Depressing work environment.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the idea of fisher but I left because I got tired of the disrespect from lower management. They are very undertrained. Lack direction. Quick to blame the team for their mistakes. Team lead worked at the firm for a year. No management experience at all. Gossiped about the team in and outside of work. Made a point to pick people out during meetings for poor performance. The worst part is the teams would joke about...

Fisher Investments2018-02-14

I worked at Fisher Investments for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexibility Part time wage is good Great management leaders Very nice coworkers Great work and life balance

Cons

Lack of "actual" promotion Location , unless you live in Camas, WA Lack of career opportunities

Fisher Investments2017-05-12

"Perfect experience for college students"

Current Employee - Junior Associate in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros

SUPER FLEXIBLE with class schedules which is a huge blessing. Willing to work with you. My position really focuses on teaching applicable things that can be used beyond the job. We are responsible for our work, but beyond that, we can ask any questions and shadow anyone in our department. I really like that you can go talk to a manager on a whim. Open spaces make it comfortable.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of in regards to the student position I currently have. Depending on which department you are a part of will be the biggest factor in determining whether you like it. If you join a team that does not fit your personality I could see it becoming exhausting (but I love my team so it makes it easy)

Advice to Management

Maybe be a little more hands on in making sure the culture remains fixed on the clients/potential clients and not so competitive. Also, it can be a pretty crude place internally.

Fisher Investments2016-08-27

Former Employee - Junior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments for more than a year

Pros

Even though I was part-time they had good benefits(401K's for me as well as no copay in health insurance for full time). I was a junior associate for client programs and everyone in the group was wonderful. They helped me out when needed.

Cons

A majority of the duties are condensed to a series of repeatable tasks. The interns got paid more then the part time junior associates.

Advice to Management

Encourage, and provide tools/education/time for employees to explore projects outside of daily duties.

Fisher Investments2016-02-01

"Summer Job"

I worked at Fisher Investments

Pros

Can be good experience for your future if you want to work in the investment realm. A background in finance is not necessary.

Cons

Strong corporate feeling. They like their ladder of power and it is highly frowned upon to try and jump this ladder. They reward complacency and keeping your head down rather than trying to actively improve. A definite sense of "drink the kool-aid" to survive here.

Advice to Management

Promote going above-and-beyond and reward that. A lot of managers know that you like to hire internally. They view their role is to keep their heads down rather than improve.

Fisher Investments2015-10-21

"Great company for anyone looking for work in the financial sector"

I worked at Fisher Investments

Pros

Room for growth, high focus on teaching, open working environment.

Cons

Worked there part time for the Summer, so compensation was kind of low.

Fisher Investments2015-03-30

I worked at Fisher Investments part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I really enjoyed working with my colleagues and my managers while I was at Fisher. Everyone, particularly my managers, were always kind and easy to talk to.

Cons

The position lack my needs to learn from the job and the opportunity for growth. As a college student seeking to expand my skill sets, I felt as if the position consisted of a lot of cold calling and random office work.

Advice to Management

I wish I could have had a mentor to meet with who could have shown me and allowed me to contribute to some of the day to day activities within the firm.

Fisher Investments2015-02-05