KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
Fisher & Paykel Appliances Managing Director and CEO Daniel Witten-Hannah
Daniel Witten-Hannah

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and products in the US(in 16 reviews)
  • "Culture and balance is good.(in 4 reviews)
  • "You get good staff, friends and family prices for appliances (around 50% of full retail price in NZ).(in 4 reviews)
  • "good office, accurate paymeent, global brand(in 4 reviews)
  • "My manager and the team in Dunedin were amazing in welcoming my family and helping us settle in NZ.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Lacks the innovation it was once known for(in 3 reviews)
  • "Lots of support, good training before starting and regular meetings and Management is great(in 3 reviews)
  • "The company has a very high staff turn over and this is around salary and no room for growth or promotion(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good job

Feb 4, 2022 - Warehouse Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very understanding on life. Management is excellent. Lots of holidays off.

Cons

Not to much bad to say

Talent Brand and Sourcing Strategy

Thank you for submitting this glowing feedback, we work hard to deliver a human centered approach working with our people to ensure a good work/life balance. Your feedback is valued.

2. 4.0

Great Company with Work/Life Balance

Apr 5, 2021 - Project Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home, everyone is very friendly and tries to help when needed.

Cons

Global team hold the reigns tight and micro manages.

Talent Brand and Sourcing Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We really value our employee’s feedback and are thrilled our flexible working and culture of generosity are working for you. It’s important to us that our people feel a sense of autonomy in their work, too. We would like to understand how we could better support this and would very much appreciate you getting in touch. Please contact your HR Manager if you'd like to discuss further.

3. 1.0

Service tech

Jun 11, 2021 - Factory Service Technician in New Brunswick, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, comfortable working on your own schedule as long as work gets done

Cons

Not much to say for cons

Talent Brand and Sourcing Strategy

Thanks for your review, we value feedback and are pleased to hear yours is all good! Thanks very much for your contribution, here and at work.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Apr 12, 2021 - Appliance Technician in La Puente, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beneficial company with perks and great staff.

Cons

Annual pay increase can be better.

Talent Brand and Sourcing Strategy

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a review. We think we have great people too! We’ve put a lot of thought into the package we offer as a whole, and are pleased you value the perks as well as the people. We are grateful for your contribution, here and in your work.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company & brand

Jan 14, 2021 - Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really respected the US leadership team, and I respect what the brand is trying to achieve

Cons

Not all managers were forward thinking and wanted to make change, even if it's for the better

Talent Brand and Sourcing Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our US business is fast-growing and usually very much future-focused. It’s disappointing to hear this wasn’t always lived out in your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will take it on board.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jun 30, 2020 - Project Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is friendly and fun

Cons

None that are worth posting

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

it was good when i was first hired, now too many changes with the company and management structure is horrible.

Dec 10, 2012 - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part you make your own schedule based on your territory needs, good vacation time, decent benefits, pay for tolls, pay for mileage.

Cons

constant emails, they give you old computers that were allready used by other reps and are very, very slow, they just upgraded to blackberries, employees are never told they are doing a good job, they always give you more work, and less pay. Communication between managers and reps do not exist you are expected to know what to do and than when you dont you get yelled at for it, when you werent even aware to do it in the first place. If upper management does not like you or you dont kiss there ass, they will write you up for not making your budget and than eventually fire you, if your a great brown noser than this maybe the company for you.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Gets better and better everyday

May 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Over the last 2 years there has been a huge upgrade in the management in North America. The management team is spending time looking into broken processes and greatly improving the execution in our business. The office has become really lively and less stuffy. I love the people I get to work with everyday.

Cons

Fisher and Paykel is largely unknown in the US and Canada so we are constantly competing against bigger brands who spend way more on sales and marketing. Career development is just starting to be a focus for management here.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People and Products in US- often challenges with NZ leadership

Mar 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people and products in the US - Cool office environment - Fun activities - Challenging work, but overall a good work-life balance - Very personal President

Cons

- If you have a role that requires a lot of interaction with NZ leadership be prepared to talk to be bullied and spoken to like a child - People with bad behavior in global headquarters are continually promoted

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Dec 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love all of the perks that the company gives...10 holidays, 3 weeks PTO, free food all the time. I just started in 2015 and this company treats everyone very well. Most people have worked here for a long time.

Cons

The company is growing really fast and could communicate better when new people start. Also, continue to ask for input on changes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews

Fisher & Paykel Appliances Reviews FAQs

Fisher & Paykel Appliances has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 102 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Fisher & Paykel Appliances to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fisher & Paykel Appliances employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fisher & Paykel Appliances. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

88% of Fisher & Paykel Appliances employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fisher & Paykel Appliances 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fisher & Paykel Appliances to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, career development.

Popular Careers with Fisher & Paykel Appliances Job Seekers