FitSmallBusiness.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 25 reviews

5.0
FitSmallBusiness.com CEO David Waring
David Waring
  1. "An amazing company to work!"

Current Employee - Remote Writer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote workers have flexibility to work from any location they want to. The company makes great efforts to make all employees, NY and offsite, feel connected. The company also does a great job making you feel connected to the bigger picture. This is my first experience in a startup environment and I enjoy seeing how my content contributes to the bigger company goals. CEO and higher-ups are touchable and easy to... communicate. The work culture is generous, and motivated. I honestly wondered if the reviews I read before I applied myself were fake. Now that I've worked here, I can see why they are real. This company isn't perfect, but it's close enough for me.

Cons

The company is growing well so the company moves fast, and changes are made very quickly. It can be jarring at first getting adjusted to the fast-paced environment, but management does a great job of communicating the what and the why.

Advice to Management

As you grow, continue to keep the heart and soul of the company. The mission and the company environment is what makes the company the unique gem that it is.

FitSmallBusiness.com2019-09-18

"Wonderful culture, competitive package"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fit Small Business has been a dream spot to work at in NYC! The office is located just two blocks away from Grand Central Station in Midtown, Manhattan. The company is small, scrappy, and personal-growth centric. Everyone (literally) everyone I've had the pleasure of meeting has been warm, smart, and eager to put out good work. Quarterly offsites, collaborative team environment, fully-stocked kitchen with snacks,... coffee, etc. If you're in the office past 5/5:30PM leadership will nudge you to head home. The job description was fully accurate and total length of the intervew process from applying to accepting an offer was about 6 weeks total. Communication throughout this process was attentive and helpful. Was given an assignment to complete that didn't have a clear "Northstar" instead, was challenged to share my logic and thought processes. As a new member of the company and team, I've felt welcomed and reasonably accommodated. There seems to be a lot of room for growth. The company is centralized in NYC but there are remote employees scattered across the US and globally; Fit Small Business works hard to ensure that remote employees feel connected to the greater org. The office is beautiful, well-lit, and has incredible views of Midtown.

Cons

Start-up culture runs deep. Many processes are being developed or haven't been formalized. Everyone means well, but this can be messy in contrast to a much larger company with solid. Biz Dev section can be loud to sit by.

Advice to Management

Thank you for putting your people first.

FitSmallBusiness.com2019-07-30

"Best. Company. Ever."

Current Employee - Staff Writer in New York, NY

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team! Outstanding values. Dedication to the company mission. Everyone works hard but with a great lighthearted spirit. From the executive team across the board, everyone is approachable and eager to help each other grow and succeed. This is the best job I've ever had and best company I've ever worked for. It's exciting to be a part of a fast growth start up.

Cons

There really is no down side, but if I had to choose something, it would be that being a remote employee I don't get to hang out in person with the team in the NYC office, who always look like they're having a blast! Still, as a remote employee, I feel very connected to my coworkers and the company. They make great efforts to allow that to happen.

Advice to Management

You're doing an incredible job. Keep going! It can only get better as we scale!

FitSmallBusiness.com2019-07-27

"Simply The Best Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Clear goals throughout the organization -Great benefits -True Meritocracy -Rapid Growth -Career Development/Investment

Cons

-With rapid scale, comes some growing pains. With a clear path towards standardization these hiccups will diminish.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the fantastic work of making everyone at Fit Small Business feel as though we're one big family, with one big dream!

FitSmallBusiness.com2019-07-25
  5. "Great company with fantastic benefits, work life and growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Associate

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time

Pros

Room to grow, company wide social events, great communication throughout team members, lots of opportunities.

Cons

Since there is a lot of people and we are growing super quick it is hard to know every employee.

FitSmallBusiness.com2019-07-24

"I couldn't ask for a better company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at FSB for a year and truly could not ask for a better place to work. Right from the start, the interview process was so clear, organized and thorough that I knew it was going to be a wonderful company to work for. Every aspect from training to projects to team communication and company culture have exceeded my expectations. If you have a positive attitude, ask questions, and take pride and have... passion in what you do, you will find that there are numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Fun company events and a great work location right in midtown Manhattan are also excellent perks!

Cons

None that I can think of. With a rapidly growing startup can come rapid change. This is not a bad thing at all - just make sure you ask questions if you need further clarification about anything!

Advice to Management

Keep holding company-wide meetings. It's an important way to bring the remote team and in-office team together as one.

FitSmallBusiness.com2018-12-21
  7. "Writer"

I worked at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time

Pros

It's a very flexible company. Innovative Teamwork Work/life balance is wonderful

Cons

I Cant think of anything!

FitSmallBusiness.com2018-10-11

"Great place to work in NYC or remote"

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work/life balance - Company moves at superspeed - Always something to learn - True meritocracy - Culture is unique and enjoyable no matter where you live

Cons

- Benefits aren't as strong for remote employees

Advice to Management

Don't lose the company culture as the company scales.

FitSmallBusiness.com2018-09-08

"As Promised & More"

Current Employee - CMO in New York, NY

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

HIGHLY FAST PACED Live by Meritocracy Collaborative teams Brilliant people to learn from

Cons

Working at a fast paced company means learning how to swim while swimming. This means the need to be prepared to dive into the work in tandem with your long-term planning.

Advice to Management

Continue to have laser focus on what's working while thinking about the long-term vision

FitSmallBusiness.com2018-07-10

"Great place, fun people, cool tools, flex schedule and remote options."

Current Employee - Remote Staff Writer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at FitSmallBusiness.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like working as a remote writer for Fit Small Business due to the daily contact with my editor, flexible schedule, great pay, cool-vibe culture (lots of millennials), and benefits.

Cons

My home office is a long way from New York where the office staff reside.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing what you're excited about. Keep listening to employee feedback. Keep promoting from within. Consider a bit more diversity at the top!

FitSmallBusiness.com2018-06-29