Cover image for Fitbit

Fitbit

Is this your company?

Fitbit

Add a Review

Fitbit Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 13, 2021

Found 50 of over 451 reviews

4.1
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park

What people are saying about Fitbit

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Fitbit and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company!

Jun 2, 2021 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, products, great work life balance

Cons

Lack of internal processes, limited career growth

2. 2.0

Good starter gig

Aug 13, 2021 - Technical Support Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free Fitbit products every year, great work-life balance, work from home stipend, coworkers are passionate about Fitbit' mission

Cons

Poor management, cannot action initiatives, no career growth, low recognition for work/efforts, low bonuses, low incentives to do quality work

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Fitbit team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jan 25, 2021 - Software QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Values employees, very work life balance oriented

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

5. 3.0

Just meh.

Feb 18, 2021 - Web Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company perks & insurance. That's about it.

Cons

No work/life balance. Very long hours. All over the place - no direction as a company. Everyone is scrambling.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and innovation potential, mediocre execution

Sep 24, 2020 - User Experience in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Really liked the people there as they're fun, passionate for health, and very smart - You get to focus on holistically improving users' health - Leadership cares about the mission - Exciting product concepts to work on - Good overall compensation package - Great work/life balance and wellness centric work culture :)

Cons

- Mediocre execution, especially on the software side of the business - Big company culture with lots of meetings and discussions, but still limited resources - So so communication from leadership

People Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Fitbit. We're glad you've sensed the powerful mission and great work life balance that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. Your feedback is important to us.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, poor work life balance

Jan 13, 2021 - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really cares for employees Great co-workers Amazing mission

Cons

Poor work life balance mediocre processes

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Firmware Engineer

Oct 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO and CTO are still very much connected to engineering. It's not uncommon to have James or Eric sitting in and contributing to an engineering discussion. It's clear from all my interactions with them that they care about the health of the organization, not just the bottom line. Fitbit has a great product and the leadership knows that they must continue to improve in order to stay on top of the market. The investment in engineering is impressive. Fitbit brings San Francisco engineering culture to San Diego and that's refreshing. Engineering managers all remain very technical and they continue to contribute to projects. The engineering team is extremely supportive, trusting and demanding all at the same time. Very flexible work hours to accommodate a healthy work/life balance. Afternoon walks/runs/workouts are extremely common. Fitbit is setup for remote workers. Working from home can sometimes be even more productive than working in the office. Modern workplace perks like 6 catered lunches a month, snacks, drinks, happy hour Fridays For now, they still pay for traditional (low-deductible) medical benefit plans Generous Employee Stock Purchase and Bonus Program

Cons

Fast growth is stretching the management team thin. Very ambitious schedules for future products are on the edge of demoralizing for the more seasoned Fitbiters. It will take time for the hiring boom to kick in and allow us to crank out new devices quicker and quicker.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

CPO

Thanks very much for your review and your very insightful feedback. It will take time for the new hires to ramp, but we are getting even better at selection as well as integrating and getting new hires to be productive as fast as possible. Please let us know any feedback you may have to help with these efforts.

9. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Good working environment

Nov 2, 2020 - Marketing Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment and work-life balance

Cons

decision making is hard, need to go over too many people

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you have had a great experience with our work-life balance, and will take note of your response with the decision making process. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

10. 5.0

Excellent place to work

May 8, 2020 - Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication, excellent workplace, Lot of opportunities, Very good Work/Life Balance

Cons

I haven't seen any cons

1 person found this review helpful

Fitbit Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're so glad you've enjoyed our work/life balance and the opportunity to grow within that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company Struggles, Still Enjoy Working Here

Mar 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respectable work-life balance for most. At times you can be extremely busy meeting deadlines but it's pretty good for the most part. Coworkers are very pleasant to be around. There are always exceptions to the rules though. Extremely humble for how talented some people are. No shortage of snacks and coffee in the building. Treadmill desks and some minor gym equipment on various floors. On-site yoga, mindfulness, and workout classes. If you're ambitious and talented you can step in and make your own role a reality.

Cons

Lots of talented folks have left for better opportunities. Some people only want to work at the most successful companies or have an opportunity to get in early on There are a ton of complainers. I think they are mostly spoiled by having a lot of opportunities for work in the Bay Area. It can be tough to block the constant downpour of complaints and whining. Company is struggling. Still not a very clear description as to how an employee can level-up and grow within the company. The career ladder is listed with job titles, but there is absolutely no description as to what tasks an individual needs to do in order to get to the next level.

Continue reading