Fitzemeyer and Tocci Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Ted Fitzemeyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, amazing benefits, good management.

Cons

can't think of any concerns or problems

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Flexible and vibrant place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the projects, our clients and the opportunities for sustained career growth. Everyone cares and works together to reach Project and individual goals or milestones. Great benefits including summer hours and commitment to employees career development. Recent continuous improvement portal is great way to get everyone involved in improving our work.

Cons

Nothing major here that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep seeking improvements including those related to project planning and client management. Continue to invest in our employees and their development as technical professionals and identify potential PMs from within.

Nov 3, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your kind review and we all appreciate the advice you provided. A strategic goal for the year is to develop PM succession planning so that our technical staff has a clear path to join... More

"Growing Business, Great Benefits, Family Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of sales and exciting projects, company is definitely growing. Staff is also growing in a great way - everyone works really hard and good people on the teams to work with. Benefits are awesome - 95% paid health and dental, 17+ PTO, 10+ holidays, etc. Management cares about each employee and their development and being as flexible as possible. Fun company outings (ski trip, golf day, stone zoo, happy hours, etc.). Very professional environment and growth opportunities are there for those who want them.

Cons

Workload can be heavy when projects roll in, but that happens anywhere, and those that work hard are rewarded

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Overtime for production staff changed to 40+ hours which has been great.

Mar 31, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear that you are having an engaging experience with us - we should have another happy hour scheduled soon! If you have more comments or suggestions to share... More

4. "What happened to you in 4 years ?"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the people and project I worked on were great and I did learn a lot. I wanted more of this.

Cons

a lot of trust issues and micro managing, I really don't know what they were doing near the end. Everyone is worried about their jobs.

Advice to Management

leave the employees alone and they will figure things out without being micro managed. Run like a communist regime

Mar 30, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about your experience thus far. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail to help solve the issues and give you more... More

5. "Fitzemeyer & Tocci a great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team structure based on market sector allows teams to work together and focus on design. High energy and dedicated project staff allows teams to work towards a common goal of delivering the project design from concept through construction. Team goal orientated.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Mar 30, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear that you had an engaging experience with us. If you have more comments or suggestions to share, please feel free to email me directly at molivastri@f-t.com

6. "High Turnover and lot's of small renovation projects with tight schedules"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health care benefits are 90% covered. Free parking. New software.

Cons

High Turnover. No Cad/Revit coordinator. Rigid management attitudes. No overtime allowed. High workload with limited design resources. Lot's of small hospital renovation projects with tight budget and schedules. Poor production management. Lower end of the pay scale justified by the coverage of health insurance.

Advice to Management

Manage production and schedule projects accordingly. Focus on retaining employees by being flexible rather than rigid. Allow for overtime to cope with aggressive schedules or hire/retain more people.

Mar 30, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Since you left F&T in 2013, we now offer 95% paid health and dental insurance. We are growing at an exciting rate with excellent production staff and management. We... More

7. "Overall a very good experience."

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has recently re-focused its business model to allow a more defined group structure. The president and principles have also re-focused the companys values and employee expectations and have organized in such a way that these are shared with the entire company. The company is expanding in a good direction healthy for future growth.

Cons

Resources are a bit limited at times. The industry is fast paced with project deadline after project deadline and it is sometimes tough to complete the task as hand within the project deadline with the limited resources.
    Known to have a higher than average employee turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Expand the company with quallified employees and dont let the good ones get away. The company is as only as good as it's employees and building around the excetional ones will quickly benefit all.

8. "Great people, great benefits"

Pros

state of the art technology, friendly staff, informal environment, opportuntiies for training, exceptional benefits, great clients, very stable company

Cons

none i can think of at this time.

9. "great place to work..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

F&T is a well run company with plans for growth over the next few years. I feel like their pay scale is fair, but not overly agressive. They offer excellent benefits (95% paid health insurance with no deductible, 401k match, etc) and hold employee events, which seem to be dissappearing in the workplace these days (ski trips, summer outings, holidy parties). Management is clear with their expectations and goals for employees and is willing to provide everyone with the tools needed to meet their objectives.

Cons

None that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

I'm glad to work here; keep up the good work :)

"Happier after I left"

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance coverage, Company outings, Very close to both I-95 and I-93, Friendly staff, Great clients, Annual participation in a charitable foundation.

Cons

Was on the lower end of the take-home pay scale (possibly due to above average health insurance coverage), Overtime started at 44 hours and we always felt pressured to work 44 hours or less (43.5 hour work weeks were commonplace), We rarely got to reap the benefits of "Half Day Fridays" because there was so much work to get done, Scheduling of project deliverables were frequently clustered together which created a high-stress environment, High employee turnover, Failure of upper management to recognize and do something about these very real issues.

Advice to Management

Create incentives for employees to feel better about staying late - save your money on company outings and pay employees overtime at 40 hours and beyond. Fix the scheduling issues. Hire a drafter so engineers don't have to spend half their time struggling with CAD issues the day a project is due, Embrace change.