Five Below Reviews
51% would recommend to a friend
(2057 total reviews)
68% approve of CEO
Found 2,057 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It is flexible hours and fun!" (in 90 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great and easy to get along." (in 79 reviews)
- "Great coworkers that will support you!" (in 74 reviews)
- "Friendly staff and a friendly corporate" (in 39 reviews)
- "Easy hours for students and slightly flexible schedule." (in 37 reviews)
- "Low pay ($13/hour which got raised to $14/hour once they let me go)" (in 173 reviews)
- "Bad management is bad" (in 118 reviews)
- "The managers talk bad about everyone and just sit on their butts and bark orders and then take credit for the hard work you do!" (in 91 reviews)
- "Poor upper management." (in 44 reviews)
- "There is No work life balance" (in 29 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Five Below and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023Customer Experience ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great work environment. Staff and management are really nice and fun to work with.
I have no cons about working here.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Fright Team AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCarnegie, PA
genuinely chill and nice team super laid back , free snacks and discounts , easy work not hard at alll
annoying teens messing up the store that you later have to clean up
- 5.0Oct 26, 2023Customer Experience ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLittle Rock, AR
Busy environment Kiddos Discount Movement
Wage is pretty much my only complaint. Loved it there
- 5.0Oct 24, 2023Shift Leader/ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWest Bend, WI
Pretty easy job, though it can be stressful especially during holidays, when a lot of stuff changes/products move around because they give your store a deadline.
The job itself is great, but management is what will really make it good or bad. Also all the stores are short staffed so I would have to help out at other stores sometimes too.
Five Below Reviews FAQs
Five Below has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,128 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Five Below to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
51% of Five Below employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Five Below 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.