Five Brothers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Joe Bada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a great work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "Everyone that stuck around and put their hard work in is now seeing the benefit of their dedication" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Communicate from department to department is poor and the management is a multi-layered mess that was always changing" (in 7 reviews)

• "With the responsibility placed on the Supervisors, there should never be a front line staff/Sme/pm/ processor, etc" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time

Pros

My experience has been very positive. It is a very challenging job with strict deadlines. Management understands the challenges and works to assist with a positive outcome for both the employees and our clients. The Five Brothers family is dedicated to making a good/positive experience for the employees and clients alike. The challenges faced everyday in a difficult industry only make the successes sweeter.

Cons

Every industry has it’s challenges, and historical all time lows is the number 1 challenge right now.

Advice to Management

Please continue to support your staff and help them to be successful.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Warren, MI

I worked at Five Brothers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were great
    Summer employee apprciation
    open work environment
    team work
    work hours were nice

Cons

The management didnt organize things well. Pay was sub par

"Met lots of friends"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Warren, MI

I worked at Five Brothers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met a lot of people that became close friends.

Cons

Management tends to favor friends. Nepotism

Advice to Management

Listen to people that know what they are doing

"Property Management"

Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Warren, MI

I worked at Five Brothers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers. Made a lot of long lasting friendships. Received a holiday bonus in 2017 - see positive reviews post December 1st 2017. (requested by the company)

Cons

The only time you are addressed is when something is wrong. Company is looking for employees to make errors, mistakes - so they are able to continue to downsize. Wouldn’t be surprised if the company is sold soon.

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to what the front line staff has to say. They are they assets at Five Brothers. There are a lot of great employees that Five Brothers terminated. Employees that looked out for the company. Had the true interest of Joe and Nickie at heart. Take a good look at who remains. Would you trust them with your company? If not. Why are they still there?

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Warren, MI

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Five Brothers and the Badalamenti family had allowed me to support my family for over 10 years. Over those years I have learned a lot of the industry and have been given the ability to grow into the leader I have become. I have been fortunate to be part of the management team but it is not an easy process. This is a HARD job and a hard industry, but it has come with rewards. Just recently, we received a very generous holiday bonus. Nickie and Joe, I don’t think you understand what an impact that truly had on the staff and their families. For some, it was life changing. The benefits package is good and I look forward to the newly matched 401k program beginning in 2018. I appreciate the time we have with M.H. He continues to motivate me to be a better leader. Not all businesses will invest in the staff and while some may not need the additional support, I know there is always room for improvement. The Leadership program is a great opportunity for those looking to grow within the company.

Cons

Rash decisions are still being made even after continued efforts to change. Positions eliminated and then put back in such a small amount of time. While the Leadership program is a great thing, it would have been more positive to include the management who recently
    lost their positions due to recent changes with the company’s right sizing or due to lack of performance. They must have displayed the qualities needed for the original position and they should be given the same opportunity (if not more) to learn where they can improve and work their way back into those available positions. Wages are inconsistent amongst the company staff and position levels. With the responsibility placed on the Supervisors, there should never be a front line staff/Sme/pm/ processor, etc. that earns more hourly that ANY supervisor within the company. Regardless of the difficulty level of the job, the responsibility of a Supervisor will always be greater and should be valued accordingly. Communication has improved but is far from being at a positive place just yet.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open amongst teams and divisions so that everyone is advised of new policies and procedures (not just one division). Make your expectations clear. The Supervisors can encourage, teach, promote and build moral, but the staff still want to see your interaction on the floor from time to time. They are dedicated more than you often think and we see what an impact it makes when positive feedback is received from above the supers. Keep up the good work and keep trying to build up moral. We’ve come so far to let it end now!

6. "Subject Matter Expert"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Warren, MI

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Five Brothers is a company that works with you to have the career path that you want.

Cons

I do not have any issues or concerns.

Advice to Management

Always keep the Communications open with all employees like you have been.

7. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Warren, MI

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not just a number, but part of the family. Great entry into the Servicing industry. Ability to earn a good income while learning many professional skills. Great working environment.

Cons

Very fast pased environment. Need to be able to adjust quickly to changes.

Advice to Management

The last few years have shown growth in the ability to embrace new ideas and management style while keeping the very core of what Five Brothers has always been. Keep on this path, I see and hear the staff responding positively.

8. "a work environment that turns into family"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Warren, MI

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Five Brothers for about 4 years. When spending so much time around coworkers, they quickly turn into a second family. The positive atmosphere and outlook instilled by the company do have a positive effect on the employees who are truly team players, and have been embracing the changes we have all experienced here. The company truly does care about their employees as the functions of the business are definitely a group effort. team work does make the dream work.

Cons

No solid complaints. I did prefer the previous benefits package, but those things change with all companies.

9. "Appreciative"

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good place to work. More than gracious this year with bonuses that were given out. When needing anything have never had a problem with Joe, Nicki or HR. They have been very understanding and helpful in time of need. Their generosity this year I'm positive have changed many lives this weekend. More than they will ever know. Flexible with time off when needed especially with medical appointments. Love my job and people i work.

Cons

A lot of change over the past 2 years. Not all good a lot of downsizing but that was do to the changing economy and market. Some staff of management need to come out on the floor more to see what their supervisors and front line staff are doing. Become more interactive instead of hiding in their office with the door closed. Lead by example and not just preach to the choir to motivate when there is none given.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees more and talk with the front line staff that do the work on a daily basis before making changes to how things are done. As they may have some excellent ideas. They are the ones that know how to do the work. Please don't try telling employees what to change or how it should be done when management does not know how to do the job. There are some great ideas being presented. But dropping the bomb to light a fire under employees butts with no follow up or continuing with any after a few weeks, is not well taken. You work so hard to come up with a good vision and after a few weeks falls by the wayside seems like a waste of time and energy. Seems over the years is a treading pattern.

10. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I have been working at Five Brothers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Truly one of the greatest companies to work for! We have an amazing staff of employees who are dedicated and hard working. It's beyond humbling to work for a family owned business that is not only loyal to their employees, but so very giving! We are beyond blessed each and every day to show up to work and be given the opportunity to provide for ourselves and our families. My sincerest THANK YOU to the Badalamenti, Kalas and Miller family for your continued faith in all of us and your endless generosity that you give to each and every one of us. The road to get here has not always been easy, however the journey we're all on together is well worth it! So very excited to see what the future holds for the company and every dedicated individual that works here for the coming new year and beyond!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.