FiveStars Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
FiveStars CEO Victor Ho
Victor Ho

Pros
  • FiveStars' solution for small businesses adds a tremendous amount of value and is number one in the automated marketing / loyalty space (in 12 reviews)

• Awesome work environment and the management is always pushing the team to better themselves and their skills (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero work life balance especially as you move up (in 6 reviews)

• If you want to be an A-player and help the company fulfill its vision, then expect to work long hours (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company that cares about its employees and its customers..."

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, valuable professional and personal life coaching. Management is focused completely on controllable metrics=activity. Each month you know exactly how many calls you need to make & appointments you need to set to hit your (very attainable) sales goals.

Cons

Sales quota - monthly cycle. If you start your month off slow, it can make for a little stress if your heading towards the end of the month and underperforming.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Fivestars sales rep"

Current Employee - Loyalty Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Loyalty Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fivestars is a great company to work for, As an outside sales rep you have the ability to control your own schedule and the opportunuty to close as many deals as you can handle. If you can close deals i highly reccomend this company becuase the opportunities are certainly there, and the payout can be very lucrative. If you are a hustler this job is for you becasue the reward is worth the work. Fivestars has outstanding Managment that really cares about your success, and lives and breathes the values of the company. Last but not least the work atmosphere is a lot of fun.

Cons

driving a lot is the only thing i can think of

Advice to Management

keep doing what youre doing

"Outside sales in the LA area"

Current Employee - Senior Loyalty Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Loyalty Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros working in outside sales at Fivestars and everyone gets into sales for different reasons for me it boils down to freedom! Freedom to have a flexible work schedule and freedom to make great money! Upper management takes any suggestions seriously, whether it is a concern about product pricing, rep quotas or even feedback on the products we offer. I have been asked about my personal opinion on future products before they are released. When you're in sales you assume that you're just "here to sell"-not the case with Fivestars. I have personally seen how other reps, including myself, can shape the way the product works. Working for a start up also comes with great perks. We get a "passion fund" every year to spend on an experience that is important to us, anything from a fine dining experience, travel, a class, anything! It's pretty awesome! Everyone on my team is awesome and supportive! The health benefits are great too!

Cons

For some the short sales cycle can be a challenge and I have seen some reps that "have the skills" get discouraged and throw in the towel before they really got a chance to hit their stride. Small business owners (our core market) are inherently difficult to work with, so if you have difficulty building rapport and trust quickly it can be difficult to sell to them. While you can really make your own schedule, sometimes late nights or long hours are a part of the job, especially if it is end of month or while trying to hit quota at mid or end of month.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging sales reps to speak up when they have new ideas and keep communication channels open even as the company grows! Kudos for building a great company culture where everyone can bring their true self to work!

4. "Senior Loyalty Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Loyalty Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Loyalty Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SMB sales is one of the most rewarding careers in the market. FiveStars' solution for small businesses adds a tremendous amount of value and is number one in the automated marketing / loyalty space. Working as an outside rep at FiveStars has allowed me to develop personally and professionally at a pace I could not in a large organization. Also, the flexibility and pay are an amazing part of the role. If you are looking for a true outside sales role, this is the place for you.

Cons

As in any sales job, you will put in a lot of work in the beginning. However, sticking to the process and doing things right from the start will pay big dividends in the end.

Advice to Management

Continue to actively listen to each department and employee.

5. "FiveStars is the best!"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture. Great potential to earn. Being part of something bigger than yourself. Helping local businesses in your area!

In May, they rolled out a virtual training program. The training consists of videos, webinars, collaborating with your sales team coach and with the peers in your class across the country. You can work from home most of the time if you're far away from the office initially and then you're with your coach/veteran reps in the field learning from the best. Overall, it's a fantastic program and really embodies the company's core values throughout the process.

Cons

Really nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "Loyalty Consultant"

Current Employee - Loyalty Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Loyalty Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With a mission to empower small businesses, FiveStars is definitely on the front lines for loving local, rather than corporate. To work for this company means to grow. As a salesperson you learn the sales process, develop skills, and practically implement them on a daily basis. The training and sales framework provided by the company focuses on consistency over perceived higher quality. Great place to learn and grow!

Cons

Constant communication between peers sometimes cuts into daily efficiency when we are in the field.

Advice to Management

Create a lite version of the product for small businesses that are low quality and on verge of closing down.

"Culture shift for outside sales"

Former Employee - Loyalty Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Loyalty Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at FiveStars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch at corporate a few days a week, free lunch Monday's at the satellite offices. Young fun people everywhere

Cons

Big culture shift happening, commission cuts, new quotas, focusing more on the app instead of the controls for the end user (which is the small business owner). Sell you on FiveStars culture, but beware once training is over, very little support for how to create your daily schedule. Also pushing for IPO so there is very little work life balance will expect you to be out 7 days a week and work about 60-70 hours a week. Very low industry pay

Advice to Management

Realize during interviews to mentions these quotas and new movements of FiveStars. Stop selling the fun start up aspect and start selling the fact you are a sales organization with.

"Inside Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people in an awesome culture. You have to bust your tail to build something incredible, and it's all the merrier when you get to do it with your friends. The culture and drive that everyone embodies is by far the best part about this job.

Cons

It's a grind. If you want a stable job with stable hours, I am sure DIRECTV is hiring.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the people that work here because it's the people that are driving this vehicle forward.

"Awesome Work Place"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at FiveStars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is second to none, great people, great vibes. We have literally THE BEST Office Manager who keeps the events flowing like the salmon of Capistrano, also have I even mentioned Flemmings Flavors? looks like you'll have to get hired to find out. Catered lunches and team events on the reg along with dogs in the office, I mean does it get any better than that? Take my advice, you wanna work here if you're lucky enough...

Cons

Its a cold calling gig so come prepared to work, its no easy task and not for the faint of heart. If you can get through all the people telling you to F off for those handful of sales a month then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Nothing at all keep on making a miserable job fun with all the different events and spiffs.

"Been here for nearly six years -- still amazing"

Current Employee - Customer Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FiveStars (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team and awesome community. Fantastic group of people who really care about helping small business keep up with the changing economy.

Cons

The work is pretty intense, but it's not so bad when you have a lot of great people doing it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard push on new products. Let's get more of this awesome work out to the businesses that need it!