Flagship Rehabilitation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
William E. Freas, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company to work for. They truly Care."

Current Employee - Manager COTA in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager COTA in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Efficient, compassionate, trustworthy! I enjoy working with Flagship. I enjoy the compliance department as they are very efficient. I enjoy what I do and where I work

Cons

None. I do not have any cons to write so it is difficult to put 20 words here. I can say again that I enjoy my work.. The owners care about their employees

Advice to Management

None

Aug 24, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback!

"Therapist Review"

Former Employee - Therapist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Therapist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- nice facilities and equipment
    - friendly and helpful coworkers
    - manageable productivity standard
    - CEU courses are paid for via an online site

Cons

- VERY difficult to use PTO & unable to take any holidays off.
    - day to day hour change drastically for evaluating therapists... some days may be a typical 8 hour, while others are 10+ without warning. expect to ALWAYS work more than 40 hours a week
    - favoritism! Schedules will differ GREATLY from person to person depending on who the manager likes most
    - policies change quickly and without explanation - from wearing uniforms to paperwork requirements
    - they ask for therapist input regarding RUG levels but everyone is a RU regardless. Crazy high minutes with most patients whether appropriate or not.
    - poor leadership from rehab manager (at least at my building).. allows certain therapists to call the shots which makes scheduling VERY unfair

Advice to Management

Therapists aren't "a dime a dozen" .. at least the good ones aren't. If you continue with this attitude, you will lose even more employees.

"traveler full time Speech Pathologist"

Former Employee - SLP in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice facilities, large rehab teams with dynamic people

Cons

Money and minutes are what drive all care decisions. Speech tx tme is very minimal for patient to keep profitable. Have to really advocate for patients to receive adequate services. Flagship consistently ended contracts

Advice to Management

Consider your employees and patients as people

"In 21 years of practice, this is the BEST company I have worked for!!!"

Current Employee - COTA in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - COTA in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

Flagship is dedicated to providing quality care for their patients and maintains a high standard with treatment outcomes and compliance. The management team is very supportive of their employees and are easily accessible. Flagship is a good, solid company who bases their philosophies on patient centered care and following the most ethical practices. The owners are examples true integrity and they demonstrate a caring attitude toward their employees.

Cons

In 3 1/2 years, I haven't found any yet!

Advice to Management

Continue with being supportive to your staff as you are!

Aug 21, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback!

5. "Best company - by far! - that I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Waynesburg, PA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Waynesburg, PA

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is the best company I have every worked for. From the rehab director, through the corporate staff all the way up to the COO and CEO, this company is fair, honest, ethical and cares about its employees. I have had numerous opportunities outside of this company but I have stayed here for almost 10 years because Flagship always made it worth my while. They honor and respect and reward great therapists. The company is structured to help you grow as a clinician and help you learn and understand regulations with practical ways to help you be compliant and efficient.

Cons

This is not the company to work for if you are not hard working and don't want to grow. There are no real cons with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - the management team is supportive and positive.

Aug 26, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback!!!

"OT"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flagship has a very strong compliance department which I love! It makes me feel very secure that I have them to reach out to if needed! Flagship always encourages what is best for the resident which is what you want in an employer! Great Support from Management!

Cons

Insurance cost is on the higher end.

Aug 18, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! Flagship strives to be strong in compliance and to be there for our employees on every level. We will continue to look for new ways and options to decrease benefit cost.

"A learning experience, there ARE better companies out there."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any at this time.

Cons

-Expensive benefits
    -They will force you into working other buildings (that are completely out of the way) other than those you are responsible for.
    -Sometimes I would report to my building, to be told that I was to report to another building 1/2 hr-45 minutes away!
    -No real schedule-- I never knew when I was getting out of work! (no balance between work and life, when I worked here, it was all work!)
    -Management (regional) shows favoritism to certain employees.
    -Completely underpaid, with no raises
    -Productivity standards are in normal range (compared to other companies) however, Flagship is more strict if you fall below their standards. (even for good reason)
    -Not really a company that is "for the patients" more for the money in their pockets
    -Worked with absolutely NO materials--eventually purchased my own!

Overall, there are better companies out there to work for, Flagship always has availability somewhere. They don't seem to value ALL of their employees equally. The door swings open and close so fast in this company, you're in for a year or two, and then you quickly learn there's greener grass somewhere else.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't take my advice anyway, as I can see in other reviews they are making their own "positive bogus reviews".... I see this company slowly fading out. Contract companies are a dog eat dog world.

Sep 16, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback!! We are always looking at ways to decrease benefit cost. I apologize that you traveled and your schedule wasn't set for you. Our employees are not expected to travel... More

"Great company !!"

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Very supportive upper management always available to us when needed. Invest a lot in the compliance aspect of our jobs. Flexible and willing to work around my busy "Mom" schedule!

Cons

Cost of benefits are very high

Advice to Management

Look into decreasing benefits

Aug 18, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to decrease benefit cost.

"Speech therapist"

Former Employee - SLP in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation (Less than a year)

Pros

vrey organized company. Thorough training

Cons

Poor pay, too much time with repeated documentation

Advice to Management

offered no support/back up as a CFY. threw a CFY in a building alone & see if sink or swims

Sep 22, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! We do put a lot of time into our training so I'm glad to see it is noticed. We do have documentation requirements to ensure the therapists and our company are always... More

"Physical Therapist"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

About 50% of the employees are very good at what they do and really care about the patients. unfortunately they don't stay long because the other 50% don't come close to meeting basic job expectations and management does nothing if these people meet productivity.

Cons

Management cares more about having a "body" than having a good therapist, quickly becomes clear that the owner(s) LOVES MONEY! When management is informed about significant problems with care rendered by another PT or PTA, they don't do anything if that PT or PTA has a high productivity. Once informed management about an OT incorrectly billing for extra time with patients so her productivity looked high and they did NOTHING! Sorry to say but FLAGSHIP does not have a good name for employment or for patient care.

Aug 18, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! Flagship has a detailed screening process for our new hires to ensure we hire the best candidates for the each position. Our philosophy is to never hire someone just to... More