Flagstaff Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
William T. Bradel

"Registered nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good ratios, great coworkers. Nice mountain town to live in. We have an IV, cart teams. Great clinical manager. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Very expensive to live in Flagstaff. High turnover due to poor economy. Huge disconnect between upper management and front line care givers. Impossible expectations.

Advice to Management

Take a couple of days and shadow a nurse before adding more responsibilities.

2. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Flagstaff Medical Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team members to work with. Good benefits and a beautiful area to live.

Cons

Management is more focused on money than their employees or patients. Management is also very disconnected from their employees and what they do.

Advice to Management

Everyone whom works under your leadership deserves to be treated with respect for all they do. Stop ignoring them for the sake of money.

"Patient care"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

Pros

The staff members work as a team

Cons

The new management has change so many policies, not beneficial to their patients. Money is the driving factor for lack of patient care, safety amd interest.

"FMC OR"

Former Employee - Surgical Tech in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Surgical Tech in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Flagstaff Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

This was one if the best places I've worked. I loved the management, the people. The wasn't great but we eventually got raises and my pay was stellar, more money then I've ever made.

Cons

I can't think of a single con about the hospital. In Flagstaff if you're single there isn't a whole lot of options. Other than that, the town's great, and the hospital is amazing. I often think about moving back.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Lacking security on the job"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time

Pros

The community has a lot to offer great climate food activity beautiful scenery and close to Grand Canyon and quick get always to the city while getting out of rat race and crowds

Cons

Gossip, unprofessional leadership fueled on egos disorganization crisis management and lack of foresight. Cliques etc don't look for an honest ability to achieve your career track goals here

Advice to Management

Apply what you learned in management school be professional and objective Stop utilizing the gossip chain to get information stop worrying about your employees personal lives and run the company Your clique might be fun but are they really talented for leadership? Plan ahead most of your crises were predictable and a large amount preventable with a little foresight planning and skilled action.

6. "I learned to make many different types of food pertaining to diets, maintaining the appealing quality of the food."

Current Employee - Nutrition Aid in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Nutrition Aid in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people the environment and the trust they put into me to do an excellent job. Everyone is helpful and kind.

Cons

My mother recently passed away and it's a hospital. It's very hard emotionally for me to be there and Martian a positive mentality.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great teamwork between employees, departments work well together, wonderful doctors.

Cons

Pay and benefits are well below standard, raises are small. Managment can be aloof to problems.

"RN"

Current Employee - Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place for outdoor activities small town good restaurants has nice equipment and modern short drive to work. Weather is great

Cons

Miserable culture very cliquish lots of grumbling amongst employees lack of trust very few feel truly secure in their positions and no other jobs locally to compete so many stay despite unhappiness. Managers are unprofessional and gossipy

Advice to Management

Stop trying to micromanage employees and relying on crisis management rather look up and see the big picture. Even a line hospital in a relatively small town can have a professional culture. But it has to come from the top down

9. "Nice Location"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

Pros

Beautiful climate, clean air, Friendly staff

Cons

Snow, size of facility and limited shopping.

Advice to Management

Wish that communication was better.

"Terrible Place; Senior Management only concerned about themselves"

Current Employee - Emergency Department RN in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Emergency Department RN in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great staff work here
    Beautiful Town

Cons

Way too many interim folks at Senior Management Level
    Senior Management can't get their story straight, or has too many different lies going that they can't remember who they told what.
    Human Resources in pure chaos. Can't get an answer out of them to save your life. Director of Comp and Benefits doesn't answer their phone and voice mailbox is full.

Advice to Management

Focus on what matters
    Get some focus, rather than being the flavor of the month
    Fresh lipstick on a pig, is still a pig
    Millions being wasted on "branding" for a company that has market share in the 80's