Flagstaff Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 4, 2017

Full-timePart-time

William T. Bradel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great working atmosphere, everyone's family"

Pros

small, hospital with big city talent and technology

Cons

communication between departments could be better

Advice to Management

give your employees more encourage for a job well done

"FMC OR"

Former Employee - Surgical Tech in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Surgical Tech in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Flagstaff Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

This was one if the best places I've worked. I loved the management, the people. The wasn't great but we eventually got raises and my pay was stellar, more money then I've ever made.

Cons

I can't think of a single con about the hospital. In Flagstaff if you're single there isn't a whole lot of options. Other than that, the town's great, and the hospital is amazing. I often think about moving back.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time

Pros

Flagstaff is a beautiful place to live and the Hospital is top notch, everyone there is professional and friendly. Defiantly would recommend it to anyone looking for a career in the medical field.

Cons

Flagstaff Medical Center doesn't have much of a culture to speak of, while all the people get along with one another it seems like each section is responsible for looking out for itself over the others.

4. "Great people"

Pros

Nice town. Community hospital. Emphasis on patient and family centered care. Reasonable workload. Very good unit based training programs (highly competitive). Strong team atmosphere.

Cons

Overall cost of living in flagstaff is high. Administration in flux, though front line mgmt is stable.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Pediatric RN in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Pediatric RN in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, beautiful city to live in with clean air and lots of outdoor activities. Level 1 Trauma facility.

Cons

Small town, little competition. Lots of gossip

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time

Pros

My manager works hard to accomodate my requested schedule. Night shift differential is nice, benefits are affordable (my insurance is actually paid for after incentives). Happy work environment, good patient to staff ratio for nurses (5:1). Good educational program

Cons

Upper management changes quite often and when these changes occur, usually staff feels the affect of it. Small merit increases. High amount of ETOH patients to deal with, which can wear on the nurses.
    Constant wonder about re-direction of management and changes to staffing- some departments always seem worried about losing their jobs bc of "budget cuts". This can be stressful. Too many traveler RNs...which makes core staff have to work harder.

Advice to Management

Stop making so many upper management changes. Instead of spending so much money on pointless marketing, put that money towards merit increases and incentives for your staff. Remember that your nurses and techs are what keep the hospital safe and running- we are your bottom line- treat your staff right, and they will remain loyal.

7. "Work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great teamwork between employees, departments work well together, wonderful doctors.

Cons

Pay and benefits are well below standard, raises are small. Managment can be aloof to problems.

8. "I learned to make many different types of food pertaining to diets, maintaining the appealing quality of the food."

Current Employee - Nutrition Aid in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Nutrition Aid in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people the environment and the trust they put into me to do an excellent job. Everyone is helpful and kind.

Cons

My mother recently passed away and it's a hospital. It's very hard emotionally for me to be there and Martian a positive mentality.

Advice to Management

None

"Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Therapist
    Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time

Pros

Saw more exciting things/trauma than would normally be seen in hospital this size.
    People were friendly for the most part.
    Nice team atmosphere

Cons

Pay was not that great compared to other areas in the state because no competition in town.

"Registered nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Flagstaff Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good ratios, great coworkers. Nice mountain town to live in. We have an IV, cart teams. Great clinical manager. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Very expensive to live in Flagstaff. High turnover due to poor economy. Huge disconnect between upper management and front line care givers. Impossible expectations.

Advice to Management

Take a couple of days and shadow a nurse before adding more responsibilities.