Flashbay Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

3.3
Steve Webster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fantastic work / life balance here that you won (in 4 reviews)

• Product is very easy to sell on each market (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No career advancement as Management don't listen (in 3 reviews)

• You'll be forced to make phantom phone calls to hit pointless kpis and generally you'll be made to feel absolutely worthless (in 3 reviews)

1. "Fine job, Good Package & Zero overtime"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wouldn't usually bother with spending time to write reviews, I honestly have better things to do. But I have read these reviews below and they are - simply put - totally unfair to Flashbay, its management and all my guys in the team. I have been here for 16 months and they have been treating me and my colleagues extremely well - financially and professionally. They have a highly capable HR Manager with a full team here - I dont know what these negative reviews are on about. I start at 9:00AM and can finish at 18:00PM on the dot - which allows me to see my baby boy and my wife every evening. In my previous job I got home at 20:00 to 20:15 very often and got over 10k GBP less. From what I can see Sales figures are growing by around 25% year on year and they have put dozens of new products into the line up for which they are currently paying a 10% commission - which is time limited for trial. I won over 4.5k in sales prizes this year in addition to commission, bonuses for positive customer feedback, no cold calling etc. I have even put forward a former colleague of mine to work here but they decided not to hire her. All in all a really good deal and a solid working environment.

Cons

I think some of us would benefit from more training on negotiation skills, would be great to have free parking.....come on guys

Advice to Management

We need bigger offices since its getting a bit packed around where I am sitting, keep the course on these new products, we are really feeling the growth here.

2. "Avoid"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros, I have to write something

Cons

Avoid it, it's the worst company to work for in the UK
    Owners are bullies
    Team Leaders are pathetic
    No HR

Advice to Management

Grow up

"STOP POSTING FAKE REVIEWS!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- nice offices
    - nice team mates
    - occasional free lunches and summer/ christmas events
    - free tea and coffee
    - relatively easy sell as there is no cold calling

Cons

- false advertising of OTE
    - poor base salary
    - look for ways to not pay commission
    - micro management
    - big brother feel (emails being read and calls being listened to, then being scrutinised for EVERYTHING)
    - make a mountain out of a molehill. Small mistakes are blown way out of proportion
    - ZERO progression opportunity
    - negative attitude all through the company
    - extremely high staff turnover
    - KPIs don't take into consideration that a call could take a long time or you could have a constant long email conversation with a client, so you end up sending pointless emails or calls to automated numbers to make sure you don't get taken off new leads.

The list goes on and on for cons for Flashbay

Advice to Management

If you're going to post anymore fake reviews, avoid using the word "dynamic". Nobody who reviews a company, regardless of what it is, would say that.
    Give your staff more credit.
    Think about targets and bonus incentives per country. Some markets are stronger than others and a lot of hardworkers miss out.
    Don't jump on a staff member for making a mistake, even more so, when something goes wrong that is out of their control.

4. "Good Launchpad into inside sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of structure
    Good bonuses/commission (at the time)
    Great visibility of performance
    Sales oriented

Cons

Working under eccentric management (founders). No use of a management structure to deflect negativity. Working everyday not knowing if your number will be up for something perfectly reasonable.

Advice to Management

Learn to know the people and the valuable assets

"Good company - nice team"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Flashbay for almost 2 years and can't complain at all. Base salary is good, young team, nice people.

Cons

I need to write something here but there is nothing to tell.

6. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Swedish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Swedish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

A great dynamic company to work for - no problems so far. Application was fast and the procedure transparent at every time.

Cons

None at all that I could think of.

7. "Incredible team - very good salary"

Former Employee - Spanish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Spanish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience to work for Flashbay. After my relocation to the UK I was looking for a job and applied for a sales account manager position at Flashbay. The HR team contacted me fairly fast and helped me to go through the interview process. This was incredibly fast and I had my job offer 2 weeks after the initial contact. The salary is very good and fair - as well as the commission rules.

Cons

None that I could share. Probably the con is that I left the company to pursue further education.

Advice to Management

Keep on going! You are a great team and I am sure that you will keep doing great!

8. "A"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Since you speak in your native language, you don´t need to have a great level of English.
    -The quality of the product is great.
    -It´s fairly paid.
    -Great if you are money driven.

Cons

-Lack of promotions as the structure is very flat.
    -They encourage their employees to be competitive (which it´s good for me but not for everyone)

Advice to Management

Trust more your employees and keep up the good work. One of the best companies I have worked for.

9. "employed for several years and no intention of leaving"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After reading several angry comments left by former employees I decided to write about my own work experience working at Flashbay. I have been with the company for several years now and like any other work environments this one has its ups and downs. First of all it is very diverse place with people from all over the world coming from different backgrounds and cultures. So as you can imagine with over 100 people working together there are bound to be conflicts, misunderstandings and yes not everybody will like everybody else. But there is also a lot of laughter and a positive, polite atmosphere. This is the thing I like most about my job – people. I think if you are not lazy and have good work ethic you will find working here rewarding. I would recommend working at Flashbay to those who are thinking about a career in sales management, are driven and have good people skills but if you are looking for easy money and doing nothing maybe other professions are more suitable.

Cons

Don’t get me wrong my manager is not an angel and he does get on my nerves sometimes but by the end of the day we are there to do the job, get paid and go home.

Advice to Management

In regards to my manager and how the job is structured I need to admit I am more than satisfied with his skills and the way he handles his responsibilities.

"good team mates. Bad leadership"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice team and not bad salary, you have the opportunity to increase it with the commission if you have a good month.

Also they offer a good training, which is great if you don't have experience.

Cons

Lots of pressure. Most of times the sales depend only of the clients (if they don't want to buy your product you can't do anything) so depends of the quality of your leads and old customers (basically you need to be lucky with the company/person who contacts with you).

They have a disgusting screen everywhere with the monthly ranking to be sure every body know who are the best and who are the worst. Competitive is good, but create this rivalry between workmates is awful.

The price of the products are too high for some markets (a country like Germany can sales more expensive than Poland, but the commission is the same (3% or 6%) for both.

Doesn't make any sense dismiss employees (with knowledge about your product and culture) and get new people with no experience to spent months of training with them. Actually some clients complain about they change the sales person too much.

Advice to Management

Too much micro management and, also, some team leaders treat their teams like children.

In an environment more relaxing you can be more proactive and positive.