Flashbay Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

United Kingdom

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Webster

Pros
  • Fantastic work / life balance here that you won (in 4 reviews)

• Product is very easy to sell on each market (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You'll be forced to make phantom phone calls to hit pointless kpis and generally you'll be made to feel absolutely worthless (in 3 reviews)

• However, all together one need to remember that there is always a choice - work there or simply look for another job (in 2 reviews)

1. "Good Launchpad into inside sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of structure
    Good bonuses/commission (at the time)
    Great visibility of performance
    Sales oriented

Cons

Working under eccentric management (founders). No use of a management structure to deflect negativity. Working everyday not knowing if your number will be up for something perfectly reasonable.

Advice to Management

Learn to know the people and the valuable assets

"Good company - nice team"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Flashbay for almost 2 years and can't complain at all. Base salary is good, young team, nice people.

Cons

I need to write something here but there is nothing to tell.

3. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Swedish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Swedish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

A great dynamic company to work for - no problems so far. Application was fast and the procedure transparent at every time.

Cons

None at all that I could think of.

5. "Incredible team - very good salary"

Former Employee - Spanish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Spanish Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience to work for Flashbay. After my relocation to the UK I was looking for a job and applied for a sales account manager position at Flashbay. The HR team contacted me fairly fast and helped me to go through the interview process. This was incredibly fast and I had my job offer 2 weeks after the initial contact. The salary is very good and fair - as well as the commission rules.

Cons

None that I could share. Probably the con is that I left the company to pursue further education.

Advice to Management

Keep on going! You are a great team and I am sure that you will keep doing great!

6. "A"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Since you speak in your native language, you don´t need to have a great level of English.
    -The quality of the product is great.
    -It´s fairly paid.
    -Great if you are money driven.

Cons

-Lack of promotions as the structure is very flat.
    -They encourage their employees to be competitive (which it´s good for me but not for everyone)

Advice to Management

Trust more your employees and keep up the good work. One of the best companies I have worked for.

7. "employed for several years and no intention of leaving"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After reading several angry comments left by former employees I decided to write about my own work experience working at Flashbay. I have been with the company for several years now and like any other work environments this one has its ups and downs. First of all it is very diverse place with people from all over the world coming from different backgrounds and cultures. So as you can imagine with over 100 people working together there are bound to be conflicts, misunderstandings and yes not everybody will like everybody else. But there is also a lot of laughter and a positive, polite atmosphere. This is the thing I like most about my job – people. I think if you are not lazy and have good work ethic you will find working here rewarding. I would recommend working at Flashbay to those who are thinking about a career in sales management, are driven and have good people skills but if you are looking for easy money and doing nothing maybe other professions are more suitable.

Cons

Don’t get me wrong my manager is not an angel and he does get on my nerves sometimes but by the end of the day we are there to do the job, get paid and go home.

Advice to Management

In regards to my manager and how the job is structured I need to admit I am more than satisfied with his skills and the way he handles his responsibilities.

8. "Avoid posting fake reviews"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

None, it's all cons
    Free meals

Cons

The HR department invests more time in posting fake good reviews

Advice to Management

Respect people

9. "good team mates. Bad leadership"

I worked at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice team and not bad salary, you have the opportunity to increase it with the commission if you have a good month.

Also they offer a good training, which is great if you don't have experience.

Cons

Lots of pressure. Most of times the sales depend only of the clients (if they don't want to buy your product you can't do anything) so depends of the quality of your leads and old customers (basically you need to be lucky with the company/person who contacts with you).

They have a disgusting screen everywhere with the monthly ranking to be sure every body know who are the best and who are the worst. Competitive is good, but create this rivalry between workmates is awful.

The price of the products are too high for some markets (a country like Germany can sales more expensive than Poland, but the commission is the same (3% or 6%) for both.

Doesn't make any sense dismiss employees (with knowledge about your product and culture) and get new people with no experience to spent months of training with them. Actually some clients complain about they change the sales person too much.

Advice to Management

Too much micro management and, also, some team leaders treat their teams like children.

In an environment more relaxing you can be more proactive and positive.

10. "Trying to be objective"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good company for people who want to start their career in sales (they like personality over experience) - they will teach you self-discipline, standards, very high customer service. It's not a company for people who can't obey the rules (there is many). Product is very easy to sell on each market. What differs the markets are amounts that you sell and margins. You definitely have to be motivated and competitive to shine. The more you give (and do) the more you get in exchange, including praise from Management. And remember, this is telesales - achieving highest possible number of calls and e-mails combined with quality is the key to success, not blabing/moaning/crying about how unfair it is that someone else got better lead or your Team Leader doesn't give you good Customers. Uncapped commission is a plus, most of people working there are really good fun, office is in beautiful area and going out for drinks on Fridays is always a pleasure.

Cons

There are always cons depending on the angle you are looking from and unfortunately I find most of the opinions on glassdoor very biased. For me definitely downside was really low chance of getting promoted. Differences in pay per country you are working at (doing the same job or sometimes more) are demotivating. Surrounding of people who can't keep discipline and just "expect" rather than "give" is very annoying and poison the atmosphere in the office. Owners being total douche-bags don't help (that's on personal level, at the end of the day they achieved a lot with this company so congrats for that). However, all together one need to remember that there is always a choice - work there or simply look for another job.

Advice to Management

5 stars in this review is a trust that this relatively young company will learn from its mistakes and will develop in many areas. Respect people that work for you and don't treat everyone as being fully replaceable. On the other side a review of existing Team Leaders is a must as unfortunately 50% of them are the ones who make so many of fresh-blood to leave and post such reviews on this website.

"Avoid. In fact, run away."

I worked at Flashbay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get the job easily enough after one interview.
    Overtime is not expected of you.
    Office is in a nice location.

Cons

Where to start. Management are incompetent bullies who have no idea how to run a business. They will check your emails and your phone records and will pick up the slightest indiscretion. All of your internet is monitored. I sent an email to my brother... This resulted in a 30 bollocking.

You'll be forced to make phantom phone calls to hit pointless kpis and generally you'll be made to feel absolutely worthless.

My pay was actually 3 days late in my second month. This was company wide. That's an example of how badly things are run there.

I stayed for 8 weeks before walking out. Others lasted less than I did.

Advice to Management

Go and work at another company and see how companies should actually be run.