Flatirons Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Geoffrey Godet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some good people at the sweat shop level with whom to commiserate (in 3 reviews)

• Still has some small company feel and continues to try to be innovative and forward looking (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The way management is set up now is confusing at times and is complicated to deal with (in 2 reviews)

"Middle of the road place to work at."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Flatirons Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great employees, Great benefits, Great schedule.

Cons

What manager is perfect? Well, this place has had a few great managers! But they were discarded with no sense of loyalty for years of service. And furthermore, the managers here, will "listen" to your issues, but take no action to correct any of it. Maybe they have their own management strategies. But Years have gone by without any improvements.

Anyone with any real knowledge of the avionics field has been terminated, with more cuts to come. But the real decision makers don't seem to be affected in the slightest. Training is a mess. Procedures are a mess. Tools and Software are a mess.

Advice to Management

Be more engaged with people producing the pages. Understand their needs and responsibilities. Focus on improving their tools. When they say something doesn't work, listen and get it fixed.
    They are able to accurately piece together the big picture with very little information. So keeping secrets is pointless.
    Lastly, their knowledge was the most valuable asset you had. How do you expect to sell a service, when you have no one left to do the work?

2. "Losing the Honeywell contract was not a surprise."

I worked at Flatirons Solutions full-time

Pros

Not much good to say about this company. Benefits were pretty good and the flexible schedule was nice. I wish there were more positives.

Cons

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The term over promise and under deliver should be this company's mission statement. The software side is terrible. You know it's bad when they don't even use their own software in house and still have to use their competitor's software.

If their customers really knew about the lack of quality that went into their services and products I suspect they would be former customers.

There is a lot of nepotism here as well and that appears to explain why there are several difficult and incompetent people that continue to stay employed even after big layoffs.

Company culture is really bad.

Advice to Management

Focus on better quality and better customer service. Hold managers accountable.

3. "Good luck!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Flatirons Solutions full-time

Pros

Flex schedule, benefits are OK.

Cons

Bad management who puts way too much business in one customer and doesn't look actively for new opportunities before major customer issues occur. Direct management doesn't know jobs. Training is poor, you learn by osmosis. Some clickish employees where gossip is prevalent.

Advice to Management

Learn business practices 101.

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Flatirons Solutions full-time

Pros

Small company, so it is easy to find the right person to ask questions of. Very casual. CEO is very involved and committed to success.

Cons

New roles aren't always as well defined as you might like, but it is easily overcome.

5. "TSI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Flatirons Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is very much promoted

Cons

Need to be transparent is direction

Jun 26, 2017 – VP of Human Resources

We are so glad to have loyal employees like you. We appreciate the acknowledgment of our work life balance initiatives; we are proud of what we offer, most notably our new paid maternity/paternity... More

6. "In the business to make money, going through several acquisitions"

I worked at Flatirons Solutions full-time

Pros

Had a fun team while small and growing, fair pay, good workplace

Cons

Some issues with leadership early on, amongst several acquisitions there were some "rough waters" to navigate

Jun 26, 2017 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our company has gone through several acquisitions over the last few years taking us from a company of 300 employees to 2500+ in 30 different countries. Along the way... More

"Love/Hate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Flatirons Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Truly international. You'll meet people from all over the world daily.
    -Captures some of the best clients in certain industry, so there is a pride that you're working for a great product and with great salespeople.
    -Working with some really great people. Outside of my team I can't say much, but my team was a joy to work with. They are smart, hardworking, friendly, great listeners and just all around fun and easy to work with.
    -Flexibility: work from home was accepted, and expected with snowy weather.
    -Interesting challenges and projects.

Cons

-Not very women friendly. One time, in lieu of an introduction, a colleague asked my peer sitting next to me if I was his secretary. There are no women in executive roles. My male peers were paid more than me and my pay increases were blocked by upper management.
    -Might not be a easy place to advance in your career if you don't have aviation experience.

Jun 26, 2017 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback around your overall experience with Flatirons. We appreciate you noting that we are working on a great product and we do have great people. Attracting women in the... More

8. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Flatirons Solutions full-time

Pros

- great, smart, highly talented people to work with
    - some interesting projects

Cons

- newer tech is not necessarily used
    - projects are getting stale

Advice to Management

- need to look to future and using new technologies

Jun 26, 2017 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. We pride ourselves on our highly talented staff and the solutions they offer to our clients. We recognize that innovation is vital for us to continue to grow. We actually... More

"Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Flatirons Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you're the kind of person that has a minimal work ethic and likes to skate by, this company might be for you.

Cons

Very little training is offered when needed. Direction is constantly changing with minimal information given. Process are inaccurate and not helpful. The way management is set up now is confusing at times and is complicated to deal with.

A lot of the managers aren't good leaders and don't appear to have the experience or qualifications needed for their jobs.

HR as a whole is unpleasant and hard to deal with which helps contribute to the existing negative office attitude and environment.

Company jobs are being moved overseas to India and I suspect there will be a lot more in the future that will have big impact on the need for U.S. employees. Time to find another job before it's too late.

Advice to Management

It all starts at the top. Big changes need made to get things moving in a better direction. Hard to say without knowing what goes on behind the scenes of management.

Jun 26, 2017 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you continue to have management issues or see inconsistencies with our processes please let your manager, next line or HR Business Partner know. When management is... More

10. "Management Contradictory"

I worked at Flatirons Solutions full-time

Pros

Company is flexible in working hours

Cons

Management sends contradictory messages. They cant decide to focus on quality or schedules. They have been caught in lies on employment standards, dress codes. Site focals do not back the workers and have unreasonable schedules for amount/scope of work.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing. Get to know the work.