Fleetcor Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke
Ron Clarke

Pros
  • Very good benefits systems in the UK (in 10 reviews)

• This is a great company to work for if you enjoy a challenge and a fast pace (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • If 100 sales reps were hired in 2016 I'd bet my paycheck that 50 (in 12 reviews)

• Sales reps treated like customer service reps (in 9 reviews)

"Love what you do and you'll never have to work a day in your life!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A ton of growth opportunities for a brighter and more stable career path! I accepted a role with Fleetcor because of the leadership, the good vibes, the reputable success, and growth opportunities! Definitely a smart move.

Cons

Fleetcor is growing rapidly, which means there isn't much space for us all. But that doesn't stop us from continuing to hit our goals by recruiting top notch professionals!

Advice to Management

My candidate experience was professional and informative. The good vibes were felt through my 3 interview sessions and I personally don't have any negative feedback at all. I'm happy being here!

"Analyst Intern"

Former Employee - Analyst Intern in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst Intern in Norcross, GA

Pros

-My managers included me in all their meetings and gave me meaningful work (I never had to file anything or get coffee).
    -They taught me SQL and excel skills and were super patient with me when I needed help.
    -There were some cool intern outings planned like a Braves game and happy hours.
    -They set up lunches with executives so we could learn from them which was really cool
    -Super friendly people
    -Pretty Relaxed dress code
    -Super great pay for an internship

Cons

-Bad traffic around the area

Advice to Management

Keep expanding this internship program! Very enjoyable experience!

3. "Sales and Account Management"

Current Employee - Sales in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company - Great Commission - Awesome Benefits - Worldwide Recognition

Cons

Lower Salary Pay - Large Turnover

Advice to Management

Work Hard

5. "Great Up and Coming Internship Program"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Norcross, GA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor as an intern

Pros

Learned a lot of technical skills (SQL and Excel work); great smart people

Cons

Still somewhat lean and unstructured. Expected to learn on the job on your own a lot.

6. "Liked alot"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was compensated well and liked the hours. Able to find own sales leads. Very friendly environment. Everyone helpful and nice.

Cons

Since was business to business, Didnt get alot of potential customer contact on fridays. Felt didnt need to stay on Fridays past two oclock.

"Success is rewarded"

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been growing quickly, and with growth has lots of opportunities for advancement. Ideas (real ideas, not whining about what time you need to come in or whether or not someone is listening to gripes) are considered and acted on. The recently implemented review process has been well received.

Cons

The company is very thin organizationally and is growing fast. Therefore, many of the "big company" type functions (IT, HR) are undersized and need to become better capable of supporting a business this size.

8. "Hard work gets rewarded"

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and show results, you will be rewarded at FleetCor. I work with a bunch of very bright individuals in a collaborative environment. The company does a great job of incorporating change and adapting quickly. If you're someone who wants to be challenged and given the sovereignty to try new things, this is a great company.

Cons

There is currently no formal annual review process in place for exempt employees, but I have heard that one will be in place shortly. Employer 401k matching could be better.

9. "Growing Company with Potential if you work hard"

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've meet a lot of really smart people at Fleetcor and the at not shy about sharing their honest opinions. People work hard and focus on the tasks at hand not petty bickering. Also, the company is growing quickly and I believe there will be a lot of opportunity in the future.

Cons

If you don't perform well it will be difficult to hide. 401(k) does not have a strong employer match.

Advice to Management

Make sure you spend with time with employees to let them know they are valued.

"Survival of the Fittest: a place where you will get rewarded if you prove your value."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

FleetCor is a pleasant place to work. People are kind and respectful for the most part, however it is an entrepreneurial atmosphere to the extreme. Top performers are rewarded handsomely, but you must prove your value and ask for it.

Cons

The lack of formal processes for many things, including annual reviews, is quite atypical and can be off-putting to people accustomed to them. I don’t know why the company doesn’t do traditional reviews, but the review process is much simpler: if you hit your plan, you “win” if not you don’t… I don’t miss them too much, because my experience at other companies was these were typically formal BS where you’d get jammed into some matrix.

Advice to Management

Given the clear desire to not have a formal review process, the company should create some sort of feedback mechanism for no other reason than to ensure people who are being communicated to via regular management processes get spoke to on a regular basis. Also, make performance based raises more overt and planned for: “if you do X, Y and Z, we will give you a raise of $$$.”