Fleetcor Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke
Ron Clarke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good benefits systems in the UK (in 10 reviews)

• Great people, great environment, interesting job no day is the same (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 75% of the sales reps are under quota that's a system problem not an individual reps (in 14 reviews)

• Sales reps treated like customer service reps (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Field Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time

Pros

The training process is phenomenal! Never experienced anything quite like it, & I've worked for some of the biggest, best, & most innovative companies in the world! This company totally invests in it's employees, & sets everyone up for immediate success!!

Cons

The only con I can think of is my personal commute to the office. (However, my daily territory is very convenient!)

Advice to Management

Everyone overall is great, & very supportive! However, I'm a firm believer that I've landed the absolute best manager in the world!:)

"Survival of the Fittest: a place where you will get rewarded if you prove your value."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

FleetCor is a pleasant place to work. People are kind and respectful for the most part, however it is an entrepreneurial atmosphere to the extreme. Top performers are rewarded handsomely, but you must prove your value and ask for it.

Cons

The lack of formal processes for many things, including annual reviews, is quite atypical and can be off-putting to people accustomed to them. I don’t know why the company doesn’t do traditional reviews, but the review process is much simpler: if you hit your plan, you “win” if not you don’t… I don’t miss them too much, because my experience at other companies was these were typically formal BS where you’d get jammed into some matrix.

Advice to Management

Given the clear desire to not have a formal review process, the company should create some sort of feedback mechanism for no other reason than to ensure people who are being communicated to via regular management processes get spoke to on a regular basis. Also, make performance based raises more overt and planned for: “if you do X, Y and Z, we will give you a raise of $$$.”

3. "Growing Company with Potential if you work hard"

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've meet a lot of really smart people at Fleetcor and the at not shy about sharing their honest opinions. People work hard and focus on the tasks at hand not petty bickering. Also, the company is growing quickly and I believe there will be a lot of opportunity in the future.

Cons

If you don't perform well it will be difficult to hide. 401(k) does not have a strong employer match.

Advice to Management

Make sure you spend with time with employees to let them know they are valued.

4. "Hard work gets rewarded"

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and show results, you will be rewarded at FleetCor. I work with a bunch of very bright individuals in a collaborative environment. The company does a great job of incorporating change and adapting quickly. If you're someone who wants to be challenged and given the sovereignty to try new things, this is a great company.

Cons

There is currently no formal annual review process in place for exempt employees, but I have heard that one will be in place shortly. Employer 401k matching could be better.

5. "Nice place to work"

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time

Pros

People you work with are smart and highly talented. Work challenges and motivates you a lot. Lots of fun activities all through the year.

Cons

Benefits can be better. 401k, stock purchasing options. Human Resouce team is the most powerful department.

Advice to Management

Formal reviews and merit increases need to be place for motivating employees better. Need for taking some control on how to manage things better for your teams from Human Resource.

"Success is rewarded"

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been growing quickly, and with growth has lots of opportunities for advancement. Ideas (real ideas, not whining about what time you need to come in or whether or not someone is listening to gripes) are considered and acted on. The recently implemented review process has been well received.

Cons

The company is very thin organizationally and is growing fast. Therefore, many of the "big company" type functions (IT, HR) are undersized and need to become better capable of supporting a business this size.

7. "Liked alot"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was compensated well and liked the hours. Able to find own sales leads. Very friendly environment. Everyone helpful and nice.

Cons

Since was business to business, Didnt get alot of potential customer contact on fridays. Felt didnt need to stay on Fridays past two oclock.

"Analyst Role"

I worked at Fleetcor part-time

Pros

Excellent group of people who are very intelligent and great at what they do. Learned invaluable skills and experiences.

Cons

Longer hours during major deals and the pay is on the lower end of the spectrum but stock makes up for that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and be sure to reward your employees with the success of the company.

Fleetcor Response

Jun 22, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased you mentioned our people because we pride ourselves in the strength of our population. We employ some of the brightest and most talented in our field. One of... More

9. "Solid internship. good experience"

Pros

You are exposed to many groups during your time

Cons

Sometimes the workplace seems disorganized and it's not for everybody

Fleetcor Response

Jul 7, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

We are thrilled you enjoyed your internship with FLEETCOR. The great thing about FLEETCOR is we realize our corporate strength lies within our people. We are as dedicated to the success of our people... More

10. "Great"

Current Employee - Programmer in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Programmer in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed the positive changes taking place. They do recognize good work and have treated me right.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.