FleishmanHillard Reviews

3.3
FleishmanHillard President and CEO John Saunders
John Saunders
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes difficult to find work-life balance(in 59 reviews)

• "Long hours are an unfortunate part of working at an agency(in 55 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked there in 2012 and I liked it, very professional, diversity, collaboration, friendly working environment.

Cons

No much downside. Everyone is very friendly.

FleishmanHillard2020-02-27
  2. "Great Place to Work"

4.0

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time

Pros

The people, the culture, the collaboration!

Cons

Long hours and sometimes lack of resources.

FleishmanHillard2020-04-30

May 5, 2020Director, Talent Development

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear that you're enjoying some of what sets us apart, our collaborative colleagues and our culture! We agree that hours can be long during busy times but we hope that you're taking advantage of some of our 'Nourish Your Life' benefits that allow FH'ers to recharge!

"Run As Fast As You Can"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great clients, a great entry into agency life, will change you for the better and teach you exactly what you want in a job.

Cons

Say goodbye to work-life balance. The people at this company play mind games and say and do things to make junior staff members feel as though every issue that rises is their fault. This place is toxic. Junior staff takes all the blame for everything to avoid conflict, knowing that they will be passed over for opportunities if they don't suck it up and deal. Upper Management and Senior Staff make you feel small and replaceable. People will wear you down and make you miserable. There was a designated cry room in the office. Emails non stop late at night, Friday's and weekends. Promotions are heald over your head if you aren't working hard enough. Constant belittling from senior members of the team. The office environment feels like high school, where there are literal cliques of mean girls that gang up a bully junior staff. I've gotten bullied for clothes that I wear and things that eat for lunch ("Yes, I only had time to run to get coffee again! Thanks for pointing out that this job is mentally and physically destroying me!") This place is a nightmare, ONLY work here if you really need agency experience, keep your head down and get out as fast as you possibly can.

FleishmanHillard2020-04-22

April 24, 2020Director, Talent Development

We are sorry to hear about some of the challenges you experienced, but appreciate you taking the time to leave this candid review. Management training is one of our most important investments as we know that great managers set the tone for a strong team culture. I'd encourage you to reach out to me directly to discuss more specifics about your experience at avery.pijut@fleishman.com

4. "Great place to start career"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, positive team focus

Cons

Very specific roles and forced to stay in your lane

FleishmanHillard2020-04-20

April 24, 2020Director, Talent Development

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at FH and that it was a positive stepping stone in your career. We appreciate the hard work that you put in while you were here and know that skills gained at FH will set you up for success for years to come.

"Great Place to Kickstart PR Career, Not Great Long-Term"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great place to work alongside senior PR pros and gain experience across industries to kick-start your career

Cons

- FH does not value work-life balance - Pay is poor and benefits are minimal - Company culture is practically non existant - Clients often have unreasonable expectations and leadership rarely protects junior staff - Staffing issues with few staff at the mid-level, requiring interns to work with senior leaders who don't have time to give feedback

FleishmanHillard2020-03-29
  6. "NA"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Positive work life balance and smart, thoughtful people

Cons

Ad agency restrictions and somewhat low salaries

FleishmanHillard2020-03-14

March 23, 2020Director, Talent Development

Thank you for taking time to leave this review. We're glad that you're finding a good balance and are enjoying your co-workers!

"Know what you're getting into"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President and Partner

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Global agency providing opportunities to do great work for a variety of big brands across many industries - Culture that challenges individuals to push themselves and rewards hard work and initiative taking - A company where you will learn a lot from smart colleagues and challenging work - Competitive salary and benefits

Cons

FleishmanHillard is owned by a giant holding company called Omnicom. Despite paying lip service to the contrary, Omnicom's sole motivation is profit. They are not concerned with the culture of their companies or the wellbeing of their employees. Their sole concern is profit margin and they track it minute-to-minute. How does this affect employees day-to-day? Put simply: it smothers creativity, new thinking and innovation and fosters a culture where everyone is watching their back and making sure they bill enough hours. Will you have opportunities to do big, interesting projects at FH? Yes. Will you gain a lot of professional experience? Yes. Just don't expect the kind of culture where they care much about you as an individual and/or for your ideas on how to do things differently.

FleishmanHillard2020-01-31

February 21, 2020Director, Talent Development

We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of several unique elements about FH, like our people and our client work. We also appreciate your candid feedback about some areas that we might be able to improve upon and we will share this with the appropriate teams. Thanks again.

8. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people, good clients, great career growth opportunities

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find work-life balance

FleishmanHillard2020-01-21

March 23, 2020Director, Talent Development

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We're happy to hear that you're taking advantage of the organic development opportunities FH'ers find in their everyday work. We hear time and time again that our colleagues gain a lot of knowledge and experience from their clients and co-workers. In order to keep all aspects of life in check, you might look at some of the work/life balance programming we encourage with our "Nourish Your Life" initiatives. Thanks again for leaving this review!

9. "Great Company to Work At!"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time

Pros

-Strong culture -Good work/life balance

Cons

-Salary -Senior management not the greatest

FleishmanHillard2020-01-13
  10. "Junior level work is hard"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time for more than a year

Pros

If working at a large agency is what you want to do with your life, you could do a lot worse than FleishmanHillard. Seems like they're trying to care about creating a good environment for employees. My coworkers were nice. Minimal drama.

Cons

All of the standard issues in this industry. Junior level employees are expected to do a tremendous amount of work for relatively low pay. I put up 60 hour weeks during busy periods. Lots of title inflation at the middle and upper levels.

FleishmanHillard2020-01-03

March 23, 2020Director, Talent Development

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Agency life is fast paced, dynamic and challenging at times, but can also be very rewarding. We know that our teams (at all levels) put in a ton of blood, sweat and tears for our clients and we greatly appreciate the work you did while you were here. Most of our offices have FHun committees and local culture clubs to help cheer lead and motivate our teams through busy times. Thanks again for leaving this review and best of luck to you!

Found 486 reviews