FleishmanHillard Reviews in Saint Louis, MO | Glassdoor

3.5
FleishmanHillard President and CEO John Saunders
John Saunders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Smart, talented coworkers and big-name clients (in 22 reviews)

• Great people and very supportive culture (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge if you don't manage it well (in 45 reviews)

• Long hours, but that is the nature of the business (in 41 reviews)

1. "PeopleSoft Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time

Pros

Great work environment and benefits

Cons

Was able to make better money elsewhere with less experience

2. "Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With all of the cons I stated, I would work there again because you will appreciate every other job you have, afterwards. If you can survive at Fleishman-Hillard, you can survive anywhere.

Cons

Work-life balance is non-existent. Office politics is off the charts. Titles are purposely misleading, and mean absolutely nothing. A Senior Vice President at Fleishman-Hillard, in most cases, is the same as a Manager at any other company.

Advice to Management

Be truthful to your employees. Quit with the internal "spin" campaigns.

3. "Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Intern - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at FleishmanHillard as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people at the firm.

Cons

I have no cons to list.

Advice to Management

I would not change anything.

"Senior Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people are nice

Cons

Very long hours, lots of weekends

Sep 13, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe our outstanding team is a huge reason that we stand out among so many competing brands. We also understand that balancing both your personal and professional... More

"Great learning"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've learned a lot over my time here, and it's truly been a great experience. The people I work with are truly passionate about what they do and how they further the company.

Cons

There is so much work to be done. There's being busy, and then there's this. It makes it incredibly difficult to meet deadlines when your being pulled in 6 different directions. Not meeting expectations and/or missing deadlines it not good for you, or the company. Be prepared to work long hours and weekends to get this work completed.

Advice to Management

Hiring more stuff would really help with the Cons of working here. Additionally, I feel there is a disconnect between management, and employees when it comes to someone's market value.

Aug 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The investment our employees take in our success on a daily basis is a huge reason why FleishmanHillard is such a great place to work. I'm sorry to hear you've felt... More

"It's a good place to gain experience"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to gain a lot of experience.

Cons

It needs more structure.

Advice to Management

Put more value into junior and mid-level employees.

Aug 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Making sure our employees have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop professionally is very important to us, and I'm glad to hear... More

"HQ = Corporate Agency"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible co-workers. Everyone is very intelligent and gets the work done. You also get the chance to work on some top-notch clients, including Fortune 10.

Cons

Leadership varies by client - some will go to bat for you no matter what, while others are quick to throw you under the bus. The smart thinking from employees rarely gets in front of clients - they are very cautious on how things are done, and aren't the best about moving with the times. St. Louis is the HQ, and is very corporate, though smart changes are being made.

Advice to Management

Training is important at all levels - not just interns.

Jul 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, and I'm glad you've had the opportunity to work on large, tier one clients, something our status as a global agency allows us to do. We have been... More

"FleishmanHillard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a lot of vacation time and other perks.

Cons

The pay is not competitive, but expected to work weekends. Important information is not communicated across the team in a timely manner.

Jul 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying our enhanced "Nourish your Life" time off policies. We are always looking at ways to increase... More

"Amazing experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Offers hands-on experience with client work. Plenty of people who are more than happy to answer your questions, offer advice, etc. Will be extremely busy, but you have some control over the type of work you want to do.

Cons

Work-life balance is sometimes hard, depending on the client you're working with.

"Finance/Accounting"

Former Employee - Finance/Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Finance/Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Skills learned were valuable and met/worked with some great people. In the beginning, was a great company to be a part of and proud of and one I'd recommend. From a PR perspective, probably a decent company to work for, but not for an accounting/finance professional.

Cons

Not a supportive, professional culture. Recognition and/or promotion/opportunity for employees was not a fair process but very subjective and at the whim of only a few managers discretion. Hours/responsibilities amongst the mid-level employees was off-balance and managers in many groups were definitely not team players. Certain managers took credit for things their team had done, leveraging to get ahead. HR was not a place to go for assistance/advice. There was no confidentiality whatsoever and in some cases nothing was done to provide useful solutions. Other things that should have occurred as a closed door communication were said out in the open (ie personnel issues, salary info, etc). At times, certain employees were allowed to act wholly unprofessionally and somewhat abusively, yelling, slamming doors and using inappropriate language. Dedicated long-term employees even found themselves leaving after multiple years of hard work and service without so much as a goodbye or thank you. Treatment of employees is very inconsistent, even down to the little things like saying hello. That goes a long way for a lot of people.

Advice to Management

My experience working with folks outside of the accounting group was quite positive. I was treated respectfully and as a valued team player. I learned from them and feel they learned from me. Advice would be to treat everyone equally and respectfully, and realize that everyone has something to offer, but it's the managers job to help shape, encourage, lead and be an example. Fitting people into the mold you've created is not as good as creating a new and better mold.

Jul 21, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback, and I’m sorry you had a disappointing experience. We work to provide an environment where our employees in every group and at all levels feel they’re valued, treated... More