Flex Employee Reviews about "work environment"
81% would recommend to a friend
(267 total reviews)
89% approve of CEO
Found 267 of over 6K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work/life balance is good but I think it does depend on your team and department." (in 233 reviews)
- "Great people and team." (in 148 reviews)
- "culture and working atmosphere is good" (in 148 reviews)
- "Pay is ok and the benefits are good." (in 136 reviews)
- "Work culture is good and supportive." (in 122 reviews)
- "Base salary is low compared to current market standards Getting into promotion list is quite tougher" (in 164 reviews)
- "Poor management with no clue how to solve technicial issues and lack of support for new engineers." (in 156 reviews)
- "Low pay and a lot of" (in 90 reviews)
- "For Chennai region Managers are good to go however Pune" (in 47 reviews)
- "No Job Security and Pay Hikes" (in 37 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Flex and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Mar 12, 2014Director of OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Flextronics allows those with go-getter styles to quickly move up within the organization. The work environment is one where new ideas are promoted and recognized when they add value to the business.
The size of the organization makes it difficult to leverage consistent practices. There are challenges in working through the various areas of the business to get things done quickly.
- 4.0Aug 1, 2021Junior EngineerCurrent Employee
A good friendly environment which is more comfortable and more flexible to work
The more flexibility is unlikely getting deviated from personal life there is not much worklife balance.
- 5.0Jan 18, 2012Retail TechnicianFormer EmployeeMarlborough, MA
The job was easy and the pay that you got for it was very good. There were raises every year plus 2 or 3 performance bonuses a year. Being in a retail environment you get to meet tons of people and it was very easy to network. Opportunities to move up were there if you wanted it. Also being a contractor for Verizon Wireless, we had the option to move over into a position within VZW, after fulfilling the approved wait time. It was also a fun environment to work in along with getting to work with some great people.
Being a contractor, you had to deal with your own upper management plus VZW upper management. Sometimes communication between the two weren't always as clear as it should have been. The wait time if you wanted to switch over and become a VZW rep was too long. Being a global company with different sectors within it, there were tons of positions constantly looking to be filled but there was no way to transfer from one sector to another.
- 3.0Apr 12, 2015Manager LevelCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Jose, CA
Excellent people at work in the business and IT environment where many directors are very supportive
Some IT leadership are "too" political detracting from the overall value chain delivery2
- 5.0Nov 1, 2010Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
There are great people to work with. The work is interesting. I have the opportunity to take on new challenges, try new things and grow.
Tight margins often limit us in doing some of the 'nice to have' things that would enhance the work place environment.