FlexCare Medical Staffing Reviews

Updated May 29, 2020

4.8
FlexCare Medical Staffing CEO Travis Mannon (no image)
Travis Mannon
Pros
  • "I have been at FlexCare for several years now and this is hands down the BEST place I have ever worked(in 5 reviews)

• "Overall a really fun environment and I'm happy to be a part of it(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Supports employees in good and tough times"

Current Employee - Recruitment

I have been working at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time

Pros

Feels like family. Employees are encouraged to speak up and present new ideas. Caring, compassionate.

Cons

Tough to come up with any.

2. "Rewarding - True lifetime career"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager

I have been working at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging and rewarding on an individual level and team level, which keeps you engaged and motivated to continue to excel. The company has great core values and truly looks at decisions and recognition in correlation to those values. Upper leadership has a true understanding of employees as individuals inside and outside of the workplace. Strong team dynamics and success contributes to further success individually and as a team - not the normal dog it dog sales environment.

Cons

Lots of work; however totally worth it!

3. "Love FlexCare"

Current Employee - Manager in Roseville, CA

Pros

Great environment, truly caring management, and huge income potential for all employees :)

Cons

Nothing that I can think of!

4. "Forever Home!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Roseville, CA

Pros

Compensation, training program, room for advancement, supportive leadership team, great company core values.. Work hard, play hard!!

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

5. "Love My FlexCare Family!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Team Lead in Roseville, CA

Pros

I love the camaraderie we have here at FlexCare and the vibe in the office we have created!

Cons

I cannot really think of anything at this time!

Continue reading

"Not one of Sacramento’s best places to work"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Roseville, CA

I worked at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I first started at Flexcare, things were great. I truly believed this place to be all that management cracked it up to be. They allowed for employees to grow financially and paved the road for future endeavors.

Cons

FlexCare has changed a lot in the past 5 years. Many leaders were promoted based on popularity, not because they deserved it. They micromanage everything you do, even if you’re a top producer and doing all the right things. Their motto appears to be; “Do more. Do better.” Quite frankly, I thought I would spend many more years at this company than I actually did. Many current employees are fed up with all the politics and games that are played at FlexCare. They continue to provide lucrative incentives and bonuses to upper management and their executives while lowering and adjusting the producers compensation structure. In 2019, when the pay structure changed drastically for the recruiters and account managers, FlexCare neglected to notify their employees prior to this change. It took them two weeks to pull people aside and notify them of these changes. The cost of living was going up, while the producers pay appeared to be dropping. Another issue I had, as well as many others was the fact that they didn’t allow you to work remotely, except for up to three times per quarter. Some employees don’t even get those opportunities. Allowing employees to be flexible and not feel guilty for having to work from home when their children are sick, or for other various reasons, might increase morale and even production. Upper management wants to control every aspect of the producers lives. Another grievance I had was the fact that FlexCare only observed 4-5 federal holidays. They forced their employees to work on federal holidays, while upper management enjoyed the day off at home with their families and children. When it comes to HR, they are a complete joke. When things were brought to their attention, they sat on it and did nothing about it. That company is full of HR violations, but nothing ever gets mentioned about those individuals because they are best friends with upper management and the owners of the company. FlexCare tends to overpromise and underdeliver.

Continue reading

"You Can Find Something Better Than Flexcare!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time

Pros

Where the office is located.

Cons

Flexcare Staffing is a call center environment made up of various cliques. Strong micromanagement. You would be better off working as a Virtual Healthcare Recruiter. Don't waste your time with this company.

8. "Flexcare Medical Staffing"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Roseville, CA

I worked at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am a former employee and I love this company. They offer the best of the best in travel nurse sales. Really great training program. Amazing perks, health, dental, vision, matching 401k, HSA, crazy fun quarterly events and presidents club. They coach you along the way and put a lot of value into their employee's. The CEO, VP and owners will know your name. The staff is very lively and everyone wants you to succeed. I really can not recommend this company enough, if you get the opportunity to work here it will be the best decision you have made!

Cons

There are very few to be honest, I highly recommend them. It can be hard to talk to HR, they will tell management about complaints right away.

Continue reading

"Operations Department can be toxic"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operations in Roseville, CA

I worked at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company perks and benefits such as leaving early on Fridays, quarterly events, standing desks, and music playing all day. I loved the job at first, but the toxic coworkers and gossip caused me to quit. Bad mouthing other employees out loud and bullying is rampant here. Beware.

Cons

The work itself in the Operations department is not too hard, but don't expect much training. It is really sink or swim after your second week there. Some of the leads are unprofessional and incompetent, only promoted due to seniority. it's a very cliquey toxic and gossipy environment breeding jealousy between coworkers, you're either in with the crew or treated as an outsider if you don't get along and you will get talked about behind your back regardless of your work and professionalism, doesn't matter what department.

Continue reading
  10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Travel RN

I have been working at FlexCare Medical Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

My recruiter Julio Castano has been great to work with. He is constantly checking in on me and constantly my biggest advocate. He constantly kept me updated on things I needed to fulfill prior to my assignment. But was also someone I could go to no matter what time a day with questions or concerns. I highly recommend this company because they do an outstanding job!

Cons

Insurance plans were a little expensive but they did offer great plans and were willing to pay into them.

Found 68 reviews