FlexTrade Systems Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 143 reviews

4.3
FlexTrade Systems Inc. CEO Vijay Kedia
Vijay Kedia
Pros
  • "Work life balance should be one of the best in financial related companies in New York area(in 21 reviews)

• "Flexible and friendly work environment(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Very Good Working Environment"

Current Employee - Linux Administrator in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great Place to Learn. Flexible and friendly work environment. Company gatherings for outdoor and indoor sports frequently to provide work-life balance

Cons

None, that I have experienced

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-05-07
  2. "This company is a amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Associate Software Developer in Great Neck, NY

I worked at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I leave the company for my personal reason, and I had a great experience in the company. 1. Leading in the industry. This can be proved by the awards it received in the recent years. 2. Working environment is terrific. Good place (Great Neck) and good teammates (The collaborating is very frequent ). 3. Tech stack is good. It uses many amazing skills to build up the software. 4. The compensation is good. I found...

Cons

They are expanding their office in Manhattan. This would provide a better environment for more engineers.

Advice to Management

Good management team.

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-05-07
  3. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

very flexible in where you work

Cons

Hours might be long depending on the task

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-05-15
  4. "I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time

Pros

Stable job, room for advancement, flexible schedule, good benefits, free lunch every week. Results oriented and no micro-managing.

Cons

Nothing in particular that I've experienced.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-03-28
  5. "Great work environment with room to modernize"

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great workplace for those who want to get in the world of finance or just like to solve interesting problems on a daily basis. You learn a lot very quickly, which might push the pace for some, but the challenge of work is only complimented by the excellent people that you work with. The structure of the company is very flat, which means you can either focus on what the client needs or pursue more independent...

Cons

Can be a far commute if you live in the city or New Jersey. The flat management style also means that you might find yourself looking for things to do if there aren’t immediate client needs. There’s a lot of room to modernize their trademark products. Vacation is generous but not unlimited like some tech places have (might just be a con for someone who likes traveling).

Advice to Management

Open up a WeWork or shared office space in the city and offer more modern benefits to attract younger talent. Would also like to see more team building events.

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-03-27
  6. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Great Neck, NY

I worked at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- Pizza Fridays - Nice people within groups

Cons

- No raises. If you do want a raise, you have to seek out the CEO and ask him. Makes the situation extremely uncomfortable, but from what I've heard from other people, upper mgmt enjoys this process.

Advice to Management

Treat people better or just sell the company.

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-03-23
  7. "New Technology, Helpful Colleagues, Excellent Career Advancement"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- FlexTrade keeps up with latest C++ standard. At the time I left, they have adopt C++17 which no many company is using. - Colleagues are strong and very helpful, which is very good new to finance or just out of school. - I gain a lot experience in electronic trading, Fix protocol, order and execution management system, trading algorithms, and market data system. My domain knowledge and technical skill both grow substantially....

Cons

- Not much I can think of.

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-01-23
  8. "Great company for starting your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flat organisational structure without "thousands" of bosses which allows you to be more self-independent - You're allowed to run experiments and bring innovation to the team or product without having to ask to many permissions (freedom to do things you like) - Great people diversity - Good benefits and training support/sponsorship

Cons

- Although the functional structure is linear, there is a lack of management skills to drive the company's future and to support the employee's career growth - Missing a clear career path and target/goals - Lack of visibility about the road-map and what is next

Advice to Management

- Train and develop leads with the required skills to be a leader. If you cannot do or don't want to do that, then hire people with these skills - Focus more on people to not ruin the great environment the company has - Share more information about the company's future to the employees. Not only about public info that people can read from Flextrade's blog or LinkedIn

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2019-01-13
  9. "Great place to learn and apply C/C++ systems programming"

Former Employee - Associate in Great Neck, NY

I worked at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Small place, flat organization, initiative driven culture. I worked in client support and development (CSD) group. This role requires quick thinking and problem solving ability aka debugging. What I enjoyed most about the role is that unlike my previous pure programming jobs where you hum down your day to evening, it role will challenge your problem solving skills.

Cons

Nothing specific that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Management should not only incentivize top performers but also communicate such throughout the year.

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2018-11-21
  10. "Great Company, Great work life balance, lots to learn"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at FlexTrade Systems Inc. full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Smart people to work with. Helpful employees around, learning at your own pace and rewarding culture.

Cons

Some teams have old people making the culture as lazy as a 9 to 5:30 job. Some teams don't thrive enough to improve the product and use latest tech stack.

FlexTrade Systems Inc.2018-08-03