Flextronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Flextronics Reviews

Updated April 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance is not considered (in 36 reviews)

• Sometimes upper management can have this "I know it all mentality" (in 21 reviews)

1. "Decent Company"

Former Employee - Device Support Center Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Device Support Center Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Flextronics (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, Benefits , 401k match, get to meet a lot of different people. This was probably the best benefit of all. I met all types of people that were friendly and willing to share their knowledge on everything from starting a business to getting grants to fixing on your house to real estate etc etc

Cons

Work life balance
    Contracted accout so they fold on everything the client wanted wheather it made sense or not. Have to relocate to advance in most cases with no relocation assistance. Dealing with disgruntled customers daily. Understaffed, over worked. Like many companies now they want you to do more with less. Somewhat unstable depending on the market you're in.

Advice to Management

Dont let your clients bully you into everything. Grow some balls and negotiate fair terms.

"Long hours, unsupportive management and low pay"

Current Employee - Lead Production Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Production Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of hours, good people to work with, management needs improvement, can be a fun place to work, if you love hard work and low pay this is the best place for you. Temps outnumber regular employees and conversion of temps can take a few years. Benefits are expensive but decent. Decent on site cafe.

Cons

No way to plan for family, or weekends, lots of lay offs, more than a few bits of nepotism going on. Management care little for their employees.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers what they are worth, and recognize the contributions that they put forth with decent wages.p

Flextronics Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Global Talent Strategy & Operations

We appreciate you taking the time to review Flex, and thank you for the feedback. We encourage you to reach out directly to the Talent Management team located in Austin, TX.

3. "IT Program Management Analytics Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Flextronics (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great opportunities due to the scope of the company.

Cons

The culture is definitely lacking a little bit compared to other newer companies in the area.

"good ability to execute as a contract manufacturer"

Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My workgroup was excellent; I was paired with a team that facilitated technology immersion, a broader depth in my field of employment, and an unlimited amount of potential future work- caused in part by poor processes and management in certain locales.

Cons

If your role must deal with APAC, their legacy management is poor. Bad decision-making, worse collaboration, and a seemingly rogue operation not held accountable for any standard business practices. It is not limited to 'just operations' but systemic performance and accountability issues within any of the functions (sourcing, finance, etc) that report locally. I have had 15 years working in China, Malaysia, etc with multiple multi-nationals as both a consultant and employee.. The management at the GM level and above would not have been hired by another company OR their performance would have spoken volumes about their ability to carry the Flextronics flag.

Advice to Management

The executive communication, and for the most part execution, is good at the majority of the sites. However, APAC (unfortunately) plays too significant role within this company and therefore anyone at a Director level or above has to deal with their management. Advice: hold them to the same standards as other management, 'one flex' collaboration or fresh management with the ability to do so.

6. "Flex"

Former Employee - Technician in Belleville, NJ
    Former Employee - Technician in Belleville, NJ

I worked at Flextronics (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good. The hours were good as well.

Cons

The management could have been better. I feel like they were not on top on the latest technology

"Flextronics is good hi-tech company"

Former Employee - QA Source Inspector/Ware House Auditor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - QA Source Inspector/Ware House Auditor in San Jose, CA

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is the best company for Electronics technology graduates

Cons

Market share came down to a very low level

Advice to Management

I will advice management to see the over all profit of the company

8. "Pack out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work if that's what you are looking for. Extremely easy work. Easy going company.

Cons

Pay rate is horrible. People doing the same exact job you are and have been there no longer than you, could make more or less than you. A LOT of required overtime, sometimes interferes with family life.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if you showed appreciation to the specific employees that are actually working their behinds off for peanuts.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Valencia, CA

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flextronics offered a competitive salary package with quarterly profit sharing opportunities. The work environment was professional and executive management was very structured and business driven.

Cons

The benefits package was not something I would recommend. Company owned healthcare option, with high deductibles. If you're single, have no health issues, and enjoy working hard, this may be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key to success; that and a profitable business model. Ensure your employees have the opportunity to succeed, and then give them the tools to do so.

10. "Work all types of work no fix position.Need to improve employee put on a fix position."

Former Employee - Work All Types of Work No Fix Position in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Work All Types of Work No Fix Position in Austin, TX

Pros

Good place to work at Flextronics.Due to personal reason I have to leave Flextronics.But interest to work again in future.

Cons

I like the bonus and benefit and company match 401K.

Advice to Management

Need to improve management.

Flextronics Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Global Talent Strategy & Operations

11. "CHD Review"

Former Employee - Test Technician in Dearborn Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Test Technician in Dearborn Heights, MI

I worked at Flextronics (More than 8 years)

Pros

With Aerotek, all employees were treated important to the organization and given the opportunity to grow within the organization.

Cons

All was good with regards to the operations of the company as I view it to be in that all employees feel good working with them and even if they leave for some reason eg, resettlement to other states or for some personal reasons, they keep the contact with the firm and are even given the opportunity to recommend someone else to the said company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good service